ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Strictly Come Dancing (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Week 8 songs and dances (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=378699)

Nicky91 09-11-2021 01:30 PM

Week 8 songs and dances

AJ and Kai: Paso Doble to Game of Survival by Ruelle

Rose and Giovanni: Couple's Choice to Symphony by Clean Bandit featuring Zara Larsson

Sara and Aljaž: Argentine Tango by No More Tears (Enough is Enough) by Donna Summer and Barbara Streisand

Tilly and Nikita: Quickstep to I Won't Dance by Damita Jo

Dan and Nadiya: American Smooth to King of the Road by The Proclaimers

John and Johannes: Samba to Acuyuye by DLG

Rhys and Nancy: Charleston to The Charleston by Bob Wilson and his Varsity Rhythm Boys

Tom and Amy: Viennese Waltz to Iris by Goo Goo Dolls

Nicky91 09-11-2021 01:38 PM

thank you production for stitching up Sara with a disco AT :flutter: about time she got a wrong song/dance choice, hopefully no more overmarking

Rhys not keen or looking forward to this charleston either, fed up with his whole hyperactive behaviour :idc:

Dan's music is a pure classic :love:

good song for Rose's couples choice as well, only if the live singers will not butcher it, and pls add a moment of silence :fc:

great VW song for Tom either :love:

joeysteele 09-11-2021 02:03 PM

Crumbs, I'm not keen on any of those song choices.
(Except for Donna Summer and Streisand's).

Plus American Smooth and Samba, 2 dances I dislike completely.
The American Smooth is to me anyhow, a boring one and the Samba, often doesn't seem to impress anyone.
No matter how it's performed.

Strictly Jake 09-11-2021 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeysteele (Post 11111016)
Crumbs, I'm not keen on any of those song choices.
(Except for Donna Summer and Streisand's).

Plus American Smooth and Samba, 2 dances I dislike completely.
The American Smooth is to me anyhow, a boring one and the Samba, often doesn't seem to impress anyone.
No matter how it's performed.

Danny Mac's samba disagrees

joeysteele 09-11-2021 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strictly Jake (Post 11111019)
Danny Mac's samba disagrees

A Samba has never impressed me, I just don't like the dance.

It also seems to be the dance which as I said seems to have least often impressed even the judges when it's performed.

Of course there'll be exceptions however, I can't think of a single Samba ever on Strictly I've liked.
Not because it's not done right but just because it's a dance I intensely dislike.

Same with the Salsa and American Smooth.

Liam- 09-11-2021 02:45 PM

AJ’s song is iconic

Mystic Mock 09-11-2021 02:53 PM

Some interesting numbers this week.

I'm interested to see if Sara can do a good AT.

Mystic Mock 09-11-2021 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 11111006)
thank you production for stitching up Sara with a disco AT :flutter: about time she got a wrong song/dance choice, hopefully no more overmarking

Rhys not keen or looking forward to this charleston either, fed up with his whole hyperactive behaviour :idc:

Dan's music is a pure classic :love:

good song for Rose's couples choice as well, only if the live singers will not butcher it, and pls add a moment of silence :fc:

great VW song for Tom either :love:

Is it just me who doesn't mind Rhys?:laugh:

Vanessa 09-11-2021 03:16 PM

Omg I love that song. Rose and Giovanni couples choice is gpinf to be beautiful!

Vanessa 09-11-2021 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 11111047)

I like Rhys and I think this time he has a dance that will suit him to at. I predict a perfect score.

Mystic Mock 09-11-2021 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa (Post 11111055)
I like Rhys and I think this time he has a dance that will suit him to at. I predict a perfect score.

I agree that this dance should suit him well.

Rhys isn't my favourite (I'm edging towards Dan at the moment) but Rhys is a good dancer and he doesn't come across like a bad person to me, so the criticism towards him from some people does come off as being incredibly harsh.

At least we both don't mind him though Vanessa.:dance:

joeysteele 09-11-2021 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 11111047)

I like Rhys too.
Wasn't sure at first but I do think he's tried really hard.

Most of them have but I've liked a lot his recent routines.

Vanessa 09-11-2021 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 11111063)

Rhys isn't my favourite (I'm edging towards Dan at the moment) but Rhys is a good dancer and he doesn't come across like a bad person to me, so the criticism towards him from some people does come off as being incredibly harsh.

I'm excited to see Rose and Giovanni couples choice. Love that song. Hoping it will be a mix of contemporary and street commercial. That worked so well for Harvey and Jeanette

Vanessa 09-11-2021 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeysteele (Post 11111066)
I like Rhys too.

If he can get more light and shade I think he could easily make the final.

Mystic Mock 09-11-2021 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeysteele (Post 11111066)
I like Rhys too.

Tbh I've had a similar journey to you Joey when it comes to Rhys.

I think he might've taken a little too long for alot of the public to start getting into the competition unfortunately.

Mystic Mock 09-11-2021 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa (Post 11111068)
I'm excited to see Rose and Giovanni couples choice. Love that song. Hoping it will be a mix of contemporary and street commercial. That worked so well for Harvey and Jeanette

I don't know if Rose would be doing Street dancing elements in her performance.

I think she could do Contemporary quite well though.

Liam- 09-11-2021 03:48 PM

I find him insanely irritating, but then that’s probably down to his job as a kids presenter, they have to be like that, I just can’t stand it

Nicky91 09-11-2021 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 11111063)

Rhys is extremely annoying, even more than Karim which i didn't know was possible

i feel sorry for Nancy she is stuck with this hyperactive dud :idc: hope she gets someone 110% calmer next year

Mystic Mock 09-11-2021 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liam- (Post 11111075)
I find him insanely irritating, but then that’s probably down to his job as a kids presenter, they have to be like that, I just can’t stand it

That's fair enough, he does seem to be very hyper like he is on a Kids show ironically.:joker:

I just do wonder if that's the way he is though? And if that's the case then that's also fair enough to me as he could be doing far worse things in the Celeb world than being a bit annoying to some of the public.

Mystic Mock 09-11-2021 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 11111083)
Rhys is extremely annoying, even more than Karim which i didn't know was possible

i feel sorry for Nancy she is stuck with this hyperactive dud :idc: hope she gets someone 110% calmer next year

Again I liked Karim in his year.:laugh:

I thought that he was the best dancer in his year that got robbed because people found him unlikable, and without meaning to start a fight on the Forum but a certain two sets of Soap fans stood by their actors no matter how they were dancing in the competition.

Vanessa 09-11-2021 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 11111088)

I thought that he was the best dancer in his year that got robbed because people found him unlikable, and without meaning to start a fight on the Forum but a certain two sets of Soap fans stood by their actors no matter how they were dancing in the competition.

Karim had more light and shade to his dancing and that's what Rhys is lacking. But last week was an improvement.

Nicky91 09-11-2021 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 11111088)

Karim and DJJ are Amy's worst two celebs

people like Brian, JJ and now Tom bring out the best from Amy :love:

Vanessa 09-11-2021 04:07 PM

Karim was brilliant. His quickstep and tango were both terrific

Nicky91 09-11-2021 04:08 PM

how on earth can you dance to Enough is Enough :joker:

talk about picking the shortest straw ever, production's way of saying ''you've outstayed your welcome''

i don't care, hope Craig gives a 3 to Sara :fc:

Mystic Mock 09-11-2021 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa (Post 11111091)
Karim had more light and shade to his dancing and that's what Rhys is lacking. But last week was an improvement.

I would agree with you on that Vanessa as sometimes Rhys goes way too frantic for certain dances.