ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   BBC withdrew from Stonewall diversity scheme LGBT charity (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=378775)

arista 13-11-2021 06:35 PM

BBC withdrew from Stonewall diversity scheme LGBT charity

[BBC withdrew from Stonewall diversity
scheme because it didn't want to
appear biased when covering transgender
and women's rights issues
Director of Nations Rhodri Talfan Davies
revealed the reason for quitting scheme
He said trust BBC can approach
'complex areas' with impartiality is 'the bedrock'
Beeb said on Wednesday it
wouldn't be renewing its participation
with Stonewall

But it will continue to work with
a range of organisations to support its LGBT staff]

[Along with many other UK employers,
the BBC has participated in
Stonewall's Diversity Champions Programme
to support our objective to create
a fully inclusive workplace.
'However, over time, our participation
in the programme has led some to
question whether the BBC can be
impartial when reporting on public policy debates
where Stonewall is taking an active role.']

[More than 900 organisations in the UK have
signed up to the scheme,
which aims to promote inclusion in the workplace.

It is described by Stonewall as
'the leading employers' programme for
ensuring all LGBTQ+ staff are free to
be themselves in the workplace'.

Following the announcement,
Stonewall said the BBC's decision was 'a shame'.]

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ar-biased.html

Good Move by the Bloated BBC.

Toy Soldier 13-11-2021 06:48 PM

Stonewall is trash and the Diversity Champions Programme is some of the worst of it. Completely rooted in arbitrary ideology, not one iota of social research has gone into any of it.

bitontheslide 13-11-2021 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 11112626)
Stonewall is trash and the Diversity Champions Programme is some of the worst of it. Completely rooted in arbitrary ideology, not one iota of social research has gone into any of it.

and it was affecting the views of the companies that were in it, because they had to demonstrate how company employees were adhering to it. They should never have signed up for it in the first place

Toy Soldier 14-11-2021 08:17 AM

The sad thing is that they did SO much good for gay rights for decades, which is of course what built them the good reputation that has been used to gain positions of trust like this. But today’s issues need a scalpel not a hammer, science not simple ideology, and that’s where it’s all gone completely wrong.

The fundamental flaw is this bizarre belief that sexuality and gender are even remotely similar in terms of the impact of evolving rights. The revisionist notion that Gay Rights was ever about identity politics.

Cherie 14-11-2021 09:24 AM

If the BBC are backing off you know its gone astray

Niamh. 14-11-2021 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 11112741)
The sad thing is that they did SO much good for gay rights for decades, which is of course what built them the good reputation that has been used to gain positions of trust like this. But today’s issues need a scalpel not a hammer, science not simple ideology, and that’s where it’s all gone completely wrong.

The fundamental flaw is this bizarre belief that sexuality and gender are even remotely similar in terms of the impact of evolving rights. The revisionist notion that Gay Rights was ever about identity politics.

Well this is the thing, sexual orientation which is what Stonewall fought for years to have accepted for gay and lesbian people is now actually transphobic by their standards today

Niamh. 14-11-2021 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 11112765)
If the BBC are backing off you know its gone astray

The Nolan investigates Pod Casts had a lot to do with it as well I think, they're really good if you're ever looking for something to listen to, they're all on YouTube

Livia 14-11-2021 11:43 AM

About time.

Cherie 14-11-2021 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 11112782)
The Nolan investigates Pod Casts had a lot to do with it as well I think, they're really good if you're ever looking for something to listen to, they're all on YouTube

Oh cheers will have a search for those

arista 14-11-2021 03:17 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FDr-z7OX...jpg&name=small

arista 14-11-2021 03:18 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FDr-z5TX...jpg&name=small

No Fella

arista 14-11-2021 03:20 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FDr-z5PW...jpg&name=small

No
you have no right to Demand
anything

Take it to Ofcom

arista 14-11-2021 03:32 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FEKYWGxX...g&name=900x900

Outside BBC Central London.

arista 14-11-2021 03:34 PM

arista 14-11-2021 03:41 PM

Large Photo
Sunday Times V2 Section BBC news boss
today.

Cherie 14-11-2021 04:11 PM

No way imagine how awful it must be to hear diverse views while working at a publically funded broadcaster .... the poor pets ...someone grab the smelling salts

Tom4784 15-11-2021 02:51 AM

Deleted Post

Tom4784 15-11-2021 03:07 AM

Deleted Post

Elliot 15-11-2021 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 11112969)
A bunch of straight people cheering this on is peak Tibb. Just grow a backbone, stop hiding behind a smokescreen, and say what you really want to say. It's fairly obvious to anyone with eyes, anyway.

Yeah, and it’s such a shame, because trans people were at the frontline for the fight for women’s rights, and at the front line of stone wall, and to watch people who’d otherwise prod themselves around as allies throw trans people under the bus is so sad.

Toy Soldier 15-11-2021 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 11112976)
It's in the name, 'Stonewall.'

Go look up the Stonewall riots, go look up the people who were instrumental in it, go look up their impact on civil rights as a whole. Most of them were trans people of colour, and the fight for gay rights is just as much about trans rights as it is about anything else, because it was trans people that threw the first brick and begun the march towards what we have today.

If you can’t see why 90% of your post isn’t an argument against Stonewall being a high-level advisory group in corporations and governments then I don’t know what to say. Political pressure groups absolutely have their place in social progress, policy advisory groups absolutely have their place in social progress. Not when both are the same organisation. When deciding policy what’s required is robust social research and a careful examination of best-practice, not brick throwing, riots and base ideology. This is honestly the crux of the entire issue. This is where - if you can look past the bigots who just want a bandwagon to jump on - 99% of the problem lies. They’re pushing policy change with no evidence base. That is a disaster.

And in the vast majority of cases you’ll find that trans people are not what anyone has an issue with, but rather gender theory being hammered as fact rather than open for debate, a drive to make rampant stereotyping immune from critique, self-id and the ways it benefits predators. The common error there often being people thinking “oh you’re calling trans people predators!” - no, people are pointing out that male predators will have no qualms with pretending to be trans. And the elephant in the room - that there IS a proportion of people who lump themselves in with genuine gender dysphoria but it’s actually autogynephilia and fetishism. Ignoring these issues helps no one, least of all trans people.

Niamh. 15-11-2021 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 11112969)
A bunch of straight people cheering this on is peak Tibb. Just grow a backbone, stop hiding behind a smokescreen, and say what you really want to say. It's fairly obvious to anyone with eyes, anyway.

I can't speak for anyone else on this thread but it isn't about gay rights for me. It's about how trans rights directly affect women's rights and I am a woman so why don't I have a right to speak about something that would affect me? Why are women not allowed a voice in this discussion?

arista 15-11-2021 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 11113021)
I can't speak for anyone else on this thread but it isn't about gay rights for me. It's about how trans rights directly affect women's rights and I am a woman so why don't I have a right to speak about something that would affect me? Why are women not allowed a voice in this discussion?

Yes well said.

Cherie 15-11-2021 10:04 AM

Quote:

You know you are not allowed because women are second class citizens in the trans debate in his view

Tom4784 15-11-2021 11:16 AM

Deleted Post

Oliver_W 15-11-2021 12:04 PM

Quote:

Quite.

Just because the apocryphal first brick "was thrown" by a drag queen some decades ago, doesn't excuse pushing gender ideology, especially at the expense of women's rights and spaces.