ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   My phone must be faulty (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=378823)

GoldHeart 16-11-2021 12:32 PM

My phone must be faulty

I've tried everything .. it only seems to charge when I hold it in a funny angle up close resting slanted , had this phone nearly 2 years .

I was charging it with another charger and what's annoying is it actually made me think it was charging ,then all of a sudden it went from 6% back down to 4% .. what the hell :oh: .

I tried cleaning the usb port with a wooden toothpick ( as anything metallic could damage the port) , but hasn't made a difference.

Cherie 16-11-2021 12:34 PM

Might be a faulty charger, that said I think phone companies deliberately set batteries to reduce after two years so people will change their phones.

my battery dies really quickly, the phone is 4 years old though

GoldHeart 16-11-2021 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 11113585)
Might be a faulty charger, that said I think phone companies deliberately set batteries to reduce after two years so people will change their phones.

my battery dies really quickly, the phone is 4 years old though

It's ridiculous, I can't keep buying a new phone every 2 years . It hasn't even reached the full 2 years yet and it's already playing up.

I don't think it's a faulty charger as I've tried 3 socket chargers and a laptop usb lead , same thing always happens . The battery bar will flicker on and off or it will just not register.. and I see it going down in percentage which is frustrating.

Cherie 16-11-2021 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 11113591)
It's ridiculous, I can't keep buying a new phone every 2 years . It hasn't even reached the full 2 years yet and it's already playing up.

I don't think it's a faulty charger as I've tried 3 socket chargers and a laptop usb lead , same thing always happens . The battery bar will flicker on and off or it will just not register.. and I see it going down in percentage which is frustrating.

yeah that is annoying Goldie, funny how it coincides with most people coming to the end of their contracts as well

Virgin keep chasing me to get a new phone ...4 years, cracked screen and no way am I changing it until it absolutely dies, and I will just buy a phone, not getting dragged into a contract again

Vanessa 16-11-2021 12:47 PM

Its probably the battery. You need a new one.

Toy Soldier 16-11-2021 12:48 PM

Is it a Samsung? Samsungs are notorious for just dying after a 3 or 4 years. If it's the same with different cables, could be the charging port or could be the battery itself.

GoldHeart 16-11-2021 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 11113593)
yeah that is annoying Goldie, funny how it coincides with most people coming to the end of their contracts as well

Virgin keep chasing me to get a new phone ...4 years, cracked screen and no way am I changing it until it absolutely dies, and I will just buy a phone, not getting dragged into a contract again

Yeah I don't want to get a new one just yet either ,as the phone itself still works .

Why does it feel like the old basic brick phones lasted longer than today's modern phones :rolleyes:, It's crazy how these days things seem to break down more.

GoldHeart 16-11-2021 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 11113596)
Is it a Samsung? Samsungs are notorious for just dying after a 3 or 4 years. If it's the same with different cables, could be the charging port or could be the battery itself.

I haven't even made it to the full 2 years yet let alone 3 or 4.

No it isn't Samsung, but if they break down aswell then I'll avoid them

bitontheslide 16-11-2021 12:58 PM

i used to change my phone every year, but i haven't changed it in 3 years now, i just have no interest in the new features.

I think phones will have a typical life of 2 years now as it's the only way they can keep their sales going strong

parmnion 16-11-2021 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 11113596)

It's the charger.

Calderyon 16-11-2021 02:00 PM

The phones charging port has probably dislocated/receded slightly from it's original place, causing the charging cord (the two hooks below it) to not reach the place it should. (The two small holes in the port)

I have the same problem.

James 17-11-2021 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 11113584)
I've tried everything .. it only seems to charge when I hold it in a funny angle up close resting slanted , had this phone nearly 2 years .

I was charging it with another charger and what's annoying is it actually made me think it was charging ,then all of a sudden it went from 6% back down to 4% .. what the hell :oh: .

I tried cleaning the usb port with a wooden toothpick ( as anything metallic could damage the port) , but hasn't made a difference.

I have had the same problem. What works for me is buying a new cable for the charger. It usually works fine for a few months then I have to buy another one.

GoldHeart 17-11-2021 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James (Post 11113845)
I have had the same problem. What works for me is buying a new cable for the charger. It usually works fine for a few months then I have to buy another one.

I already tried other cables , now it's stopped charging completely and all i keep seeing is the power going down and down .

I'm on 34% and i've decided to switched it off to save that silly bit of battery life , i don't know whether to try and get it repaired (i really can't be bothered with the hassle of that) or whether i should buy a new phone.

Dogeatdog 17-11-2021 02:28 PM

Have you tried using one of those wireless charging pads? Maybe that could help you instead of having to use the charging port of the phone if it’s faulty? It would be best to check first if your phone is compatible with one tho.

Glenn. 17-11-2021 02:47 PM

Is there any crap inside the charging port?

Cherie 17-11-2021 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 11114040)
I already tried other cables , now it's stopped charging completely and all i keep seeing is the power going down and down .

I'm on 34% and i've decided to switched it off to save that silly bit of battery life , i don't know whether to try and get it repaired (i really can't be bothered with the hassle of that) or whether i should buy a new phone.

worth checking with the phone company, if its less than 2 years old they make change it

GoldHeart 17-11-2021 03:11 PM

Already tried cleaning the usb port and it still won't work . I'm looking at charging pads for androids but they seem mostly compatible with iphones, i might still buy it and see what happens.

LeatherTrumpet 17-11-2021 03:44 PM

If it's 2 years old just do an upgrade?

Pixel 6

Toy Soldier 17-11-2021 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 11114066)
If it's 2 years old just do an upgrade?

Pixel 6

I have to veto any vote for a Pixel, I got a Pixel 5 last year and it broke after 4 months :fist:.

LeatherTrumpet 17-11-2021 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 11114088)
I have to veto any vote for a Pixel, I got a Pixel 5 last year and it broke after 4 months :fist:.

My 5 has been faultless

you must have been using it wrong :hmph:

I am upgrading to a six (not pro as its too big)

GoldHeart 18-11-2021 12:14 PM

Tried a charging pad ... STILL NOT charging and i'm on 19% now :oh: , I'm just going to get a new phone. I didn't realise phones couldn't make it to 2 years anymore ... unbelievable .

LeatherTrumpet 18-11-2021 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 11114270)
Tried a charging pad ... STILL NOT charging and i'm on 19% now :oh: , I'm just going to get a new phone. I didn't realise phones couldn't make it to 2 years anymore ... unbelievable .

the most delicate part of a mobile is the charging point as it gets mistreated

I always drum this point into the kids

Get a Pixel 6

GoldHeart 25-11-2021 10:13 AM

Got a new phone and now this one is ALSO FAULTY , it's going straight back to the manufacturer and i'm getting a refund .