ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Music (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Adele - 30 (Album discussion) (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=378860)

Denver 18-11-2021 11:15 PM

Adele - 30 (Album discussion)

So her Album has leaked hours before it released and cam we talk about how amazing 'Oh My God' is?

bitontheslide 19-11-2021 06:57 AM

it's all very formulaic/generic .... it's mediocre at best

Strictly Jake 19-11-2021 09:23 AM

Here is my review of the album

It was long awaited for me. I love Adele as an artist but also as a person she has a cracking personality. With the release of 30 we knew we were going for a more grown up and matured album. It is. But I'm shocked at being disappointed by it. There are quite a few songs on there I already love and I will go for a run through of the tracks shortly but overall it actually made me feel a bit miserable. If I was in the right mood or maybe the right setting it might sound a bit better. But overall it feels like a relax in a bubble bath with a glass of wine sort of an album. It was more like it could have been an album by Celeste or someone. However I'm sure it will grow on me. I'm also really looking forward to the special on ITV on Sunday as she is so incredible live and I will probably end up falling in love with some tracks I found a bit dull just from seeing her perform it. But here we go...

1. Strangers by Nature

This is so dull. Like really really dull. Why she chose to open her album with it I don't know. I will be skipping this one.

2. Easy on me

Well it's been around for a while now and obviously been a hit. I really do love this one. I could listen to it over and over again.

3. My little love

This won't be a track I will probably return to but I enjoyed my first listen of it as it's a really important song. It's really upsetting. It's clever

4. Cry your heart out

Despite loving the reggae beat to this the lyrics are so miserable and I could get a headache listening to this

5. Oh my God

This is a track and a half. It's quite a different sound for her. I really do enjoy this one

6. Can I get it

This is one of my favourites on the album. There's a hint of rolling in the deep vibe to it. Love the guitar!

7. I drink wine

This one hit me emotionally. The lyrics really spoke to stuff I've been through this year. It's honestly one of the best songs she's ever done. My favourite on the whole album

8. All night parking

An album filler. Really nothing to this at all

9. Woman like me

Exceptionally boring. I don't like this one bit.

10. Hold on

This is a gorgeous one. One of the best on the album.

11. To be loved

Okay this is a moment. I hope to see her perform this live on the TV special. I think there may be a similar moment to her someone like you Brits performance. This is full of emotion. She performs her socks off to this one!!

12. Love is a game

This one's ok but I don't have much else to say about it I prefer the instrumental background to the actual song

Overall for me this gets an 8 out of 10. I was hoping it would be a 10 out of 10 but I'm sure it will grow on me with time and there are some stunning songs on it!

Nicky91 20-11-2021 02:10 PM

dull album overall

nothing comes closer to the song of the year which is this bop

Smithy 20-11-2021 04:12 PM

No stand out song really, My Little Love is probably my fave from the album, but she still hasn’t topped 21 for me

Elliot 20-11-2021 04:48 PM

We waited… 5 years for this?

GoldHeart 26-11-2021 05:03 AM

It's a really good Album , some songs are better than others but i like it overall .

My favourite song is probably 'Easy on me' .. it's so catchy i've got it in my head all the time :love: .

'Hold On' is a nice one about hope and never giving up.

I like how there's a mixture of different sounds in each song ....

from a country vibe in 'Can i get it' , to a vintage throwback sound in 'Love is a game'

to a upbeat salsa tone in 'oh my god'

'My little Love' has raw emotion and she really shows her vulnerability in this , the honesty and openness pours through . This one will probably grow on me the more i hear it.

'To Be Loved' passionate one about life lessons. And i kept thinking how difficult this song would be to sing live , the vocal range is huge.

'I drink wine' has a pretty melody to it , i can imagine people doing a slow sway to it.

'Cry your heart out' has a cool feel to it , i instantly liked it mainly for the reggae beat but the lyrics fit in like a jigsaw puzzle and could dance to it .

'Strangers by Nature' has a classical beat and feels like something from an old movie, it's cute but doesn't stand out as much as the others.

'All night parking' has a calm feel to it like something in a little jazz club. Another throwback sound.

'Woman like me' gives me early 00's sounds with melancholy tones and
a serene theme.

8/10 for the Album :)

Nicky91 26-11-2021 10:16 AM

hasn't been discussed in here? Adele interview by Oprah

Zizu 26-11-2021 09:51 PM

With all the trouble and strife around these days plus my own personal troubles there is no way on god’s earth I’ll be listening to Adele anytime soon ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro