ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sport (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Collapses and heart attacks in sport. (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=378933)

Alf 24-11-2021 10:52 AM

Collapses and heart attacks in sport.

They seem to be happening quite frequently at the moment. What could it be?

We all know about Eriksson at the Euros, Sergio Aguero just a month or so ago and apparently another football player collapsed last night. But it's not ony in football it's happening in other sports, there's been a fair few cases recently. I saw a video on this earlier, I'm off to bed now but if I find it later I'll post it.

Denver 24-11-2021 11:00 AM

Because people have underlying heart conditions that can't be found unless searching for something specific they don't show up on general tests and plus heart attacks can happen to anyone

rusticgal 24-11-2021 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver (Post 11115898)
Because people have underlying heart conditions that can't be found unless searching for something specific they don't show up on general tests and plus heart attacks can happen to anyone

Pretty much this..

LaLaLand 24-11-2021 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver (Post 11115898)

Basically.

Some people, regardless of fitness/age/general health just have, as they say, “bad hearts”.

parmnion 24-11-2021 12:02 PM

John fleck collapsed last night, but has been discharged from hospital today.

bitontheslide 24-11-2021 12:11 PM

i think this underlying conditions angle is nonsense quite frankly. Footballers particularly are subjected to very detailed medicals using the most sophisticated equipment we have available. If there was an underlying condition, it would have been found

Denver 24-11-2021 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 11115925)
i think this underlying conditions angle is nonsense quite frankly. Footballers particularly are subjected to very detailed medicals using the most sophisticated equipment we have available. If there was an underlying condition, it would have been found

You have to search for different things and frankly most of the time they won't show up unless you start to have symptoms its not something that is easy to find

Alf 26-11-2021 07:39 AM

I believe this was from this week's champions league games.

Alf 26-11-2021 07:44 AM

Former pro and England International, Trevor Sinclair is inquisitive about this. He's likely not seen anything like it in his lifetime involved in the game.

Probably just call him a conspiracy theorist, then that ends the discussion and we can move on.

bitontheslide 26-11-2021 07:52 AM

it could just as easy be down to training methods, diet, vitamin supplements etc etc etc etc

Alf 26-11-2021 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 11116488)
it could just as easy be down to training methods, diet, vitamin supplements etc etc etc etc

Unless it's investigated, then we won't know. What we do know is this is happening regularly just lately. That's why people are picking up on it.

Denver 26-11-2021 08:01 AM

So collapses have aways happened in sport so these dumb people must think the vaccine has been leading to collapses for decades now

Alf 26-11-2021 08:02 AM

GB news are asking the question's

Denver 26-11-2021 08:09 AM

Imagine taking the word of that channel

Alf 26-11-2021 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver (Post 11116499)
Imagine taking the word of that channel

Shall we take your word instead?

Nicky91 26-11-2021 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 11116501)

rather than some fish wife scientist in a non-existent news channel

Alf 26-11-2021 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 11116504)
rather than some fish wife scientist in a non-existent news channel

It does exist. I've just posted you a video from that news channel. You get it on Sky TV.

Denver 26-11-2021 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 11116501)

If a bigot speaks the words that come out their mouths are lies, id rather ask Sharon on her opinion while we walk past each other doing our shopping

Alf 26-11-2021 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver (Post 11116506)
If a bigot speaks the words that come out their mouths are lies, id rather ask Sharon on her opinion while we walk past each other doing our shopping

But that's you, some people see things differently to you. If that's how you get by then crack on.

Alf 26-11-2021 08:29 AM

You seem to be getting angry that I'm reporting news stories that you don't want to exist. Unfortunately this is reality of what's happening whether you like it or not.

Nicky91 26-11-2021 08:34 AM

really doubt that Aguero's health problems are vaccine related but any anti-vaxxer wants to blame the vaccines for literally anything bad

Alf 26-11-2021 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 11116513)
really doubt that Aguero's health problems are vaccine related but any anti-vaxxer wants to blame the vaccines for literally anything bad

Nobody has blamed them on vaccines, they're just suspicious of why the big rise in these cases all of a sudden and would like to find out why. It's not too much to ask, our lives may depend on it.

Nicky91 26-11-2021 08:44 AM

that said, these heart attacks in sports are a problem to be taken very seriously

and have been going on longer than covid times too

for example

Antonio Puerta

Marc-Vivien Foe

Phil O'Donnell

Alf 26-11-2021 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 11116518)
that said, these heart attacks in sports are a problem to be taken very seriously

and have been going on longer than covid times too

for example

Antonio Puerta

Marc-Vivien Foe

Phil O'Donnell

That's a fair example, why didn't you start with that instead of being all arsey about it?

Oliver_W 26-11-2021 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 11115925)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver (Post 11115926)
You have to search for different things and frankly most of the time they won't show up unless you start to have symptoms its not something that is easy to find

I have a fairly rare heart condition, and it's absolutely invisible unless a very specific test is carried out designed to find that particular condition. And they only look for it if there's a specific "reason" to - in my case, it was a family member who had a heart attack, and was shown to have it. That's another thing - this condition doesn't show up after death, so if the relative's brother hadn't had a (then unexplained) heart attack which he didn't survive, they wouldn't necessarily have looked for it.

The point buried in there is that while sportspeople are generally subject to loads of medicals, not everything can be identified.