ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Arthur Labinjo-Hughes - a life cut short (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=379011)

Cherie 02-12-2021 04:15 PM

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes - a life cut short

This is a hard read, but perhaps if we hadn't been in lockdown little Arthur would be alive, warning there is some distressing video footage

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ngham-59400890

Cherie 02-12-2021 04:18 PM

While what happened to Arthur is rare, the NSPCC has raised concerns about the risks to children during lockdown.

"We know that the Department for Education reported more serious injuries and deaths of children during the last year with a higher percentage in the first six months - so we do know that lockdown had a significant impact on children and families," Helen Westermen, from the NSPCC, said.

She said children were "the hidden victims of this pandemic" and that the charity had seen an increase of 23% in calls from adults concerned about a child's welfare.

Arthur's case was "horrendous, horrific and heart-breaking," the NSPCC said and the charity called for the serious case review to "establish the lessons that need to be learned to prevent this awful case from happening again".

rusticgal 02-12-2021 04:30 PM

Thats a sad sad story and very hard to read. I really dont know how any human being can do that to another let alone a child.
You can imagine how Lockdown would have fuelled the flames in these sort of households...just horrific.

Kazanne 02-12-2021 04:34 PM

Its very sad Cherie,poor little boy, never stood a chance did he ?

GoldHeart 02-12-2021 05:15 PM

I read about this the other day, utterly disgusting and horrific.

These are the sickos that end up with kids ,whilst loving caring people out there can't have kids.

bitontheslide 02-12-2021 05:47 PM

heartbreaking

Kazanne 02-12-2021 05:51 PM

Just seen it again on the news,he could hardly move,brought a tear to my eyes,poor boy, social services have questions to answer again !!!, and that piece of crap trying to blame the boy,jeee some people are lower than a snakes belly.

GoldHeart 02-12-2021 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 11118435)
Just seen it again on the news,he could hardly move,brought a tear to my eyes,poor boy, social services have questions to answer again !!!, and that piece of crap trying to blame the boy,jeee some people are lower than a snakes belly.

I don't understand how this keeps repeatedly happening, so many innocent kids have died at the hands of such evil abuse .

They've been failed by the system & social services . How the hell does such obvious warning signs go ignored or shrugged off.

Kazanne 02-12-2021 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 11118442)
I don't understand how this keeps repeatedly happening, so many innocent kids have died at the hands of such evil abuse .

They've been failed by the system & social services . How the hell does such obvious warning signs go ignored or shrugged off.

Too many people too lazy to keep their eye on the job GoldHeart and they get complacent,this poor child was let down so badly, I hope those pair of scumbags get what for in prison. RIP litte man.

LeatherTrumpet 02-12-2021 07:38 PM

didnt the grandmother alert SS ages before??

Toy Soldier 02-12-2021 08:33 PM

The first lockdown was absolutely shocking for child welfare in all sorts of ways, suddenly there were no eyes at all on kids who had always at least had their teachers and schools looking out for them.

Cherie 02-12-2021 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 11118469)
didnt the grandmother alert SS ages before??

Yes and her parents called it in anonymously ...must have been bad ..

SS and the police are a joke...

But if not in lockdown his grandma might have had a chance to save him

arista 03-12-2021 02:53 AM

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cp...654_sun-nc.png

arista 03-12-2021 02:53 AM

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cp...ilymail-nc.png

Tom4784 03-12-2021 03:08 AM

Deleted Post

arista 03-12-2021 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 11118526)
Lack of funding leading to a lack of resources and overworked social workers is my guess, Social care has gone from bad to worse under the Tories.

Valid Point Dezzy.

Mystic Mock 03-12-2021 03:15 AM

I hope that both of them rot away in Prison for the rest of their lives.

Disgusting people.

GoldHeart 03-12-2021 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xmas Cracker (Post 11118468)
Too many people too lazy to keep their eye on the job GoldHeart and they get complacent,this poor child was let down so badly, I hope those pair of scumbags get what for in prison. RIP litte man.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 11118526)
Lack of funding leading to a lack of resources and overworked social workers is my guess, Social care has gone from bad to worse under the Tories.

Yeah it seems to be , and I know in lockdown abuse overall has gotten worse due to no help and it being hidden even more behind closed doors. But it still feels like lockdown is a bit of a convenient excuse especially when something so traumatic and horrible like this happens. Even if there's the slightest worry that someone is being hurt , it's worth investigating. It seems it was only the grandma that had concerns.

Before COVID & lockdown, plenty of kids had still somehow slipped through the net and safeguarding was practically non existent. Despite visits from social services & teachers surely noticing something isn't right . I've lost count the amount of similar cases on the news where everyone says "how did this happen" , and it's usually when it's too late .When the poor child has died .

They say every time how things must change ,and thorough checks to be made . But the same thing keeps happening ,and we all know this won't be the last child sadly and it's heartbreaking and it makes me angry.

Livia 03-12-2021 09:56 AM

The girlfriend's own kids had already been taken away... The child's uncle raised the alarm and was told if he kept going round there he'd be arrested... his grandmother, an ex-nurse, knew what was happening, tried to raise the alarm and was ignored.

Social services need a brutal shake-up and heads should roll. Anyone involved in this case needs to be sacked and should never be allowed to work in a social services role again. How many more times are we going to be sickened by stories of children being abused and tortured?

I hope they have a terrible time in prison. Perhaps some kind soul could shiv them good and hard.

Cherie 03-12-2021 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 11118606)
The girlfriend's own kids had already been taken away... The child's uncle raised the alarm and was told if he kept going round there he'd be arrested... his grandmother, an ex-nurse, knew what was happening, tried to raise the alarm and was ignored.

Social services need a brutal shake-up and heads should roll. Anyone involved in this case needs to be sacked and should never be allowed to work in a social services role again. How many more times are we going to be sickened by stories of children being abused and tortured?

I hope they have a terrible time in prison. Perhaps some kind soul could shiv them good and hard.

I agree, the difference between Baby P and this case is that Arthur was old enough to raise the alarm himself and was ignored, it is too easy to say services are cut, the family were visited on 4 occasions, multiple people raised concern, alarm bells should have been ringing, but some people just do their jobs very poorly

Cherie 03-12-2021 10:44 AM

I didn't realise her children were in care, surely this should have been enough of an alarm bell in itself, why if she couldn't look after her own children would she be any better with someone else's child ...inexplicable

arista 03-12-2021 12:50 PM

Evil Dad Hughes has be given 21 years in Prison

The Evil Women Life in Prison 29 years min,

GoldHeart 03-12-2021 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 11118669)

They should NEVER EVER be let out again

EVIL SCUM the both of them

Kazanne 03-12-2021 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 11118669)

Was that his real dad, if so how could you let tha happen to your boy ? disgusting pieces of ****, how come they both aren't in for life ? bloody soft here we are.

arista 03-12-2021 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xmas Cracker (Post 11118749)
Was that his real dad, if so how could you let tha happen to your boy ? disgusting pieces of ****, how come they both aren't in for life ? bloody soft here we are.

Yes the Evil Real Dad

And Very Evil Woman with him.