ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   How is Omicron affecting your Christmas plans? (rather a ****ing lot actually) (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=379137)

MTVN 16-12-2021 12:03 PM

How is Omicron affecting your Christmas plans? (rather a ****ing lot actually)

We're due to have a big Christmas day with our family, my Uncle's family, and some family friends. 13 people in total comprising about 6 different households. We're still doing it but my parents want everyone to take a lateral flow test now on Christmas eve. Understandable but could lead to some nasty surprises!

My brother was supposed to be going to a wedding celebration this weekend but it's been cancelled after 30% of guests dropped out. I've got an engagement party I'm going to Saturday night in Bristol City centre - it's still going ahead but even though I'm not too worried about covid it's in the back of your mind that if this leads to a positive covid test then that means Xmas day alone which isn't much fun. On the other hand it could be a blessing in disguise :think:

Have you adjusted your plans for the next ten days or so in light of the covid situation?

LeatherTrumpet 16-12-2021 12:08 PM

No no changes

bitontheslide 16-12-2021 12:09 PM

we had our extended family christmas get together last weekend. We all took LF tests prior to meeting. Next week will just be close family, so we already expected things to go pear shaped prior to the omicron arrival, or at least prepared in case it all went to poop

Niamh. 16-12-2021 12:30 PM

no changes so far, I'm only having 7 people for Christmas day, 3 extra so not so bad but we're having 16 people from 4 different households on the 29th, still going ahead so far anyway but we'll see what happens closer to the time

parmnion 16-12-2021 01:19 PM

As a family, we have collectively said, **** it, let's crack on as we would do any other year.

Cherie 16-12-2021 01:37 PM

Christmas itself..no change

We are due to go to Spain on 27th...its a wait and see if they let us in scenario :fist:

AnnieK 16-12-2021 01:53 PM

My Christmas "do" has been cancelled :sad:

Niamh. 16-12-2021 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieK (Post 11122756)
My Christmas "do" has been cancelled :sad:

We had to cancel ours too :bawling:

bitontheslide 16-12-2021 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherry Christmas (Post 11122750)

We are due to go to Spain on 27th...its a wait and see if they let us in scenario :fist:

fgs don't sneeze or cough at the airport :laugh:

joeysteele 16-12-2021 02:21 PM

The same as last Christmas.

We cleared all the usual Christmas plans last year and have never made any different this year.

So just myself, my Mum and my Cousin who lives with us at present.
Absolutely no one else.

MTVN 16-12-2021 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherry Christmas (Post 11122750)

Yeah travel looking very dodgy. I'm supposed to be going skiing in Italy early Jan and they're not stopping us yet but we travel through France to get there :worry:

Odds are it's cancelled I think

Alf 16-12-2021 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie (Post 11122800)
Yeah travel looking very dodgy. I'm supposed to be going skiing in Italy early Jan and they're not stopping us yet but we travel through France to get there :worry:

It won't stop all the MPs from their annual Christmas holidays in the sun.

Those with double barrel names and work in the media also have no problems. Here's Julia Hartley Brewer setting off on hers today. Doesn't look all that dodgy to me.

MTVN 16-12-2021 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 11122802)
It won't stop all the MPs from their annual Christmas holidays in the sun.

Those with double barrel names and work in the media also have no problems. Here's Julia Hartley Brewer setting off on hers today. Doesn't look all that dodgy to me.

At least she doesn't go round lecturing the public tbf, contrast to Piers who told everyone to cancel their Christmas last year and shame anyone who didn't and then ****ed off to Antigua

LeatherTrumpet 16-12-2021 05:00 PM

Is there a single scientific advisor or politician in the UK who has lost single days pay or a single days work due to the Pandemic?

I sincerely doubt it

parmnion 16-12-2021 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All The Jingle Ladies (Post 11122805)
Is there a single scientific advisor or politician in the UK who has lost single days pay or a single days work due to the Pandemic?

I sincerely doubt it

Good point.

But neither have I.:shrug:

Alf 16-12-2021 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All The Jingle Ladies (Post 11122805)

I sincerely doubt it

No, they've all more likely had an increase in pay, awarded by themselves.

LeatherTrumpet 16-12-2021 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by over cooked turkey (Post 11122815)
Good point.

But neither have I.:shrug:

You are not making rules and regulations about livelihoods

parmnion 16-12-2021 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All The Jingle Ladies (Post 11122818)
You are not making rules and regulations about livelihoods

I keep blokes from battering their wives..:smug:

Alf 16-12-2021 05:28 PM

The reality of what's happening to the small businesses

Niamh. 16-12-2021 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie (Post 11122800)

Luke is supposed to be going to Italy Skiing in April, he was actually supposed to go last year but it was postponed, hopefully by April cases will be better

smudgie 16-12-2021 08:55 PM

Hopefully we manage a lovely Christmas Day with our son and daughter, daughter’s partner as well.
Son’s wife will be in America with her kids.
Three of them will be tested each day for a few days before.

Toy Soldier 16-12-2021 10:55 PM

Thus far unaffected, we’re going away to have Christmas in a nice little cottage but it’s just us and my sister. Have decided to make tomorrow the kids’ last day at school, they’re meant to be in half of next week but no real point in that.

LaLaLand 17-12-2021 12:12 AM

No change here at all really. Quiet Christmas with close family on the cards anyway.

Josy 17-12-2021 03:27 PM

We are having Christmas with my husbands parents and our inlaws are coming over from Ireland but it's still only 3 households mixing.

My main worry was that it would affect us visiting my dad in the care home but I've managed to get a visit booked before their updated regulations come into place on Monday so I'm really happy about that!

LeatherTrumpet 17-12-2021 04:34 PM

I have stopped the boy going to a house party on Sat with 10 others (a declared 10) 1 week before Christmas, he isnt pleased. WHat parents would allow this to happen anyroad? - ie think having 10 kids over for a party this weekend