ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Voice (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=598)
-   -   Netherlands: RTL cancels the voice of holland due to inappropriate behaviour (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=379431)

Nicky91 15-01-2022 09:00 AM

Netherlands: RTL cancels the voice of holland due to inappropriate behaviour

:laugh3: :laugh3:

Quote:

RTL will stop broadcasting The Voice of Holland for the time being. The channel and producer ITV have received reports of possible sexually transgressive behavior and abuse of power.

"On the basis of these allegations, producer ITV has been contacted and it has been decided in consultation that ITV will immediately initiate a careful, independent investigation," RTL said in a statement.

"The broadcasts of The Voice of Holland will be suspended for the time being until more is clear."
https://www.msn.com/nl-nl/entertainm...cid=uxbndlbing

Nicky91 15-01-2022 09:12 AM

if they suspend pre-recorded episodes like this

well some truths are with those allegations i think

wouldn't surprise me if some of this was also linked to the allegations towards Marco Borsato recently, i mean wouldn't surprise me at all, him and his ''contestant/coach BBQ's''

Nicky91 15-01-2022 12:43 PM

sooo apparently Live Band leader Jeroen Rietbergen has resigned and apologized for inappropriate sexual transgressive behaviour

but there might be more people within the voice whom got allegations against them so the investigation continues

Nicky91 15-01-2022 01:08 PM

one of the coaches, rapper Ali B also some allegations against him

:skull:

glib 15-01-2022 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 11129337)
sooo apparently Live Band leader Jeroen Rietbergen has resigned and apologized for inappropriate sexual transgressive behaviour

but there might be more people within the voice whom got allegations against them so the investigation continues

His wife looks like Indi Willoughby

Uhttps://images.story.nl/BfyxhxnYlVAe...s3q3&nid=48615

https://static.independent.co.uk/s3f...ebp&quality=75

Nicky91 15-01-2022 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glib (Post 11129344)

:nono:

his wife (soon to be ex-wife me thinks after this scandal) is one of our most famous celebs, Linda de Mol, she is also sister of Talpa tycoon John de Mol, and aunt of talkshow host Johnny de Mol

glib 15-01-2022 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 11129345)
:nono:

his wife (soon to be ex-wife me thinks after this scandal) is one of our most famous celebs, Linda de Mol, she is also sister of Talpa tycoon John de Mol, and aunt of talkshow host Johnny de Mol

The DeMol family seem extremely famous

Did they make Endemol by any chance I think they made big brother

Nicky91 15-01-2022 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glib (Post 11129346)
The DeMol family seem extremely famous

Did they make Endemol by any chance I think they made big brother

Yes

Joop van den Ende & John de Mol = Endemol

Joop is a musical theatre production legend here, even worked with Tina Turner for her musical idea she came up with when she presented him a career prize quite some years back

glib 15-01-2022 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 11129347)
Yes

Joop van den Ende & John de Mol = Endemol

Joop is a musical theatre production legend here, even worked with Tina Turner for her musical idea she came up with when she presented him a career prize quite some years back

Nicky DeMol

Nicky91 15-01-2022 01:18 PM

am curious how they will solve this since they were already two episodes into the new season

so maybe editing and redacting a lot :fan: Jeroen not being shown recognizable anymore in the live band, and looking for a new live band leader in time for liveshows which is a while away from now too luckily

Nicky91 15-01-2022 01:20 PM

also how awkward for Glennis Grace too this new season as a debuting coach, and now all of this chaotic mess :skull:

Nicky91 15-01-2022 01:32 PM

https://nltimes.nl/2022/01/15/voice-...ations-surface

Quote:

RTL temporarily canceled the television show the Voice of Holland due to allegations of sexually transgressive behavior and abuse of power by personnel connected to the show. Shortly after the announcement Saturday morning, it was revealed that composer and keyboardist Jeroen Rietbergen would leave the program with immediate effect. The Public Prosecution Service also confirmed that a criminal complaint connected to a person on the show was filed this week.

The editorial team of the BNNVARA program BOOS informed RTL on Wednesday of the incidents RTL said that The Voice of Holland will not air while the allegations are being investigated. "The allegations are very serious and shocking and were not known to RTL," the broadcaster stated in a press release.

“This Saturday, the editors received a confession and apology from the band leader of The Voice, Jeroen Rietbergen. He announced that he will stop his work at The Voice immediately,” BNNVARA wrote in its own press release. “The Voice of Holland has stated that it was not aware of these abuses and has decided to conduct an independent investigation.”

Dutch singer Marco Borsato was also the subject of allegations about sexually transgressive behavior late last year. Borsato was also a coach on The Voice of Holland from 2011-2015. Rietbergen worked with Borsato for several years over the past two decades. Rietbergen was also previously in a relationship with Linda de Mol, the sister of The Voice creator John de Mol.

The television show which uncovered the claims, BOOS, said that the episode detailing their investigation will air next week. "We put a huge amount of time and effort into the program. Our show about The Voice of Holland will be broadcast coming Thursday," said BOOS program director Tim Hofman on Twitter.

Hofman began his investigation into power and sexual abuse claims in talent scouting shows in August. During his research, Hofman received information from people who said they experienced sexually transgressive behavior while on The Voice of Holland.

Television producer ITV reacted to the allegations stating, "Our highest priority is to provide a safe and supportive environment for everyone who participates and works on our shows. ITV Studios has a zero-tolerance policy towards the kind of behavior that is said to have taken place. We have immediately ordered an outside investigation."
english article

Nicky91 16-01-2022 07:35 AM

over 40 victims of sexual harassment apparently :skull:

Nicky91 16-01-2022 04:14 PM

Quote:

Anouk quit as coach in The Voice of Holland. She says she doesn't want to work at a place where several men abused their position for years, and people looked the other way. She says it's unacceptable, and calls it "a corrupt mess".

Main sponsors T-Mobile and supermarket chain Lidl also quit.

Nicky91 17-01-2022 12:52 PM

The Voice loses sponsorship, jury member after sexual misconduct allegations

Singer Anouk announced that she would no longer be a coach at The Voice of Holland after sexual misconduct and abuse of power allegations against fellow coach Ali B and band leader Jeroen Rietbergen. Telecom company T-Mobile announced it stopped sponsoring the TV program. And Linda de Mol broke up with Reitbergen and halted her work for the time being.

On Saturday, RTL announced that The Voice of Holland wouldn't be broadcast for the time being due to reports of sexually transgressive behavior and abuse of power. Rietbergen acknowledged that he had relationships of a "sexual nature" with women involved in The Voice of Holland.

Linda de Mol has broken off her relationship with Rietbergen and is taking a break from her work. "I've been in a terrible nightmare for a few days now," she wrote on the website of her magazine LINDA. "So many things have come up that I did not know about and of which, because they are anonymous, I don't know what is true and what is not." She wrote that Ritebegen no longer lives with her and asked everyone to leave her family alone.

De Mol thanked everyone for the "understanding messages and texts" she received. "That's the only thing that offers a little comfort when your heart is broken." De Mol and Rietbergen started their relationship in 2007.

"It's just a corrupt gang," Anouk said in a video on Instagram. "I don't want to work where several men abused their position for years and where they deliberately chose to keep it quiet and look the other way. That is really unacceptable."

Anouk has been a coach on The Voice of Holland and The Voice Kids for several years. Together with Ali B, Glenis Grace, and Waylon, she formed the team of coaches this season. "That's not where I am. I don't want to be part of that," Anouk concluded her video. "I would like to let you know that I will not come back to The Voice of Holland again. That was it."

RTL and producer ITV launched an independent investigation into the allegations. The subject will be extensively discussed in the program BOOS by Tim Hofman on Thursday. Coach Ali B will also be discussed. A complaint was filed against him last Tuesday, allegedly by a former candidate. The Public Prosecution Service (OM) must assess the complaint against Ali B and decide whether it needs to be investigated. A spokesperson for the OM could not predict how long this would take. No further reports were filed against the 40-year-old rapper. He denies all allegations.

Telecom company T-Mobile stopped sponsoring The Voice of Holland, the company confirmed. "We disapprove of any form of transgressive behavior, and as a company, we expressly distance ourselves from this," the company said in a statement. T-Mobile also expressed condolences to all those involved.

Supermarket chain Lidl, which advertises in the program, temporarily suspends sponsorship. A spokesperson for the supermarket chain said that the sponsorship automatically ended when the program was suspended.

The CDA called for better protection for talent show participants against abuse of power. Parliamentarian Lucille Werner asked State Secretary Gunay Uslu what the current agreements are with participants of The Voice of Holland and how they can be improved. "Every participant in a TV show should feel safe," Werner wrote on Twitter. "Abuse of power and sexually transgressive behavior are unacceptable, and signs of this need to be thoroughly investigated."

She wants to know from Uslu to what extent the Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science has been informed of the allegations at The Voice. Werner also wants clarification on whether there is enough room for candidates to report transgressive behavior and how unequal working relationships are monitored.

https://nltimes.nl/2022/01/17/voice-...ct-accusations

Nicky91 17-01-2022 01:33 PM

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...%20broadcaster.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainme...0produces%20it.

https://www.stuttgarter-zeitung.de/i...9189fdfce.html

https://www.billboard.com/music/musi...ns-1235019639/

https://www.31mag.nl/the-voice-holla...on-rietbergen/

this scandal also reached media's in US and UK and Germany and Italy

Nicky91 17-01-2022 01:40 PM

welp, i don't think The Voice can ever continue here, with this scandal ruining its reputation too badly

but tbh i didn't follow it the last few years anyway how it has gotten worse and lacking quality by the years now

maybe we need something new again, some new format

Nicky91 17-01-2022 03:37 PM

also The Voice Kids, The Voice Senior temporarily have been cancelled because of this ongoing scandal

parmnion 17-01-2022 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 11129320)

Not sure what's funny?

Nicky91 18-01-2022 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 11129978)
Not sure what's funny?

RTL messing up with one of its most popular show franchises EVER

Nicky91 20-01-2022 09:40 AM

ok another sexual misconduct claim against coach Ali B

RTL has terminated Ali B's contract and wants nothing to do with him anymore, all social media content with him is also going to be removed

that is two coaches gone then (one resigned, one sacked)

:o

Nicky91 22-01-2022 07:47 AM

another contestant (wants to remain anonymous) a official claim against a producer

Nicky91 22-01-2022 08:03 AM

all of The Voice of Holland videos have been deleted and their account on Youtube has also been suspended for a while

Nicky91 26-01-2022 08:55 AM

so far those accused are

- Marco Borsato: one of our most successful and popular nederpop artists
- Ali B: rapper
- Jeroen Rietbergen: drummer, band leader
- Martijn Nieman: director, creator of Eurovision 2021 postcards

wouldn't be surprised if there are more of these vile sicko's of men :yuk: expose them all i say and end those careers

Nicky91 27-01-2022 09:29 AM

new push for law against sexual misconduct at work

https://nltimes.nl/2022/01/27/new-pu...isconduct-work

Over 30 organizations and individuals advocate for better legislation against sexual harassment in the workplace. They posted a petition online on Thursday. The petition was sparked by an episode of BOOS on sexually transgressive behavior behind the scenes of the talent show The Voice of Holland. According to the signatories, the Netherlands lacks a clear legal framework for dealing with sexual harassment. They would like to see the government change that.

According to the initiators, there is no mandatory standard in the workplace for the independence and expertise of confidential advisers. The handling of reports or complaints of sexual harassment at work is not laid down in legislation. The existing laws on preventing sexual misconduct also leave a lot to be desired. According to the petition, the Inspectorate for Social Affairs and Employment must monitor this better.

The signatories call on the government to comply with the United Nations Convention on the International Labor Organization (ILO), a convention to combat sexual violence and harassment in the workplace. The Netherlands signed this in 2019, but it has not yet been ratified by changes in the Working Conditions Act. "It's the government's move!" the petitioners said.

The petition has been signed by, among others, trade union FNV, the Dutch Women's Council, Women INC., and knowledge institute Atria.