ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Austria makes vaccines COMPULSORY (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=379490)

glib 21-01-2022 08:47 AM

Austria makes vaccines COMPULSORY

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.b...e-60077767.amp

Austria’s Parliament has passed a mandatory jab law, that will come into effect on 1st February

https://ichef-bbci-co-uk.cdn.ampproj...52768.jpg.webp
Austria’s answer to Matt Hancock: Wolfgang Mueckstein, health minister

It was backed 137-33, with Austria currently led by a centre-right coalition
Only the President needs to sign the law, which is expected anyway, as it is a ‘formality’ to do so.

If unvaccinated adults remain by mid March, they will be fined up to £3,000

Vienna has seen protests of up to 40,000 people against the measure

This is expected to last until January 2024
72% of adults are so far fully vaccinated in Austria

https://lp-cms-production.imgix.net/...ct-8.6.4&w=850

Anti Vaxxers humiliated themselves whilst raging online about the law, which primarily doesn’t affect them, as they come from the US

Some claimed it ‘felt like history was repeating itself’, whilst another distastefully joked ‘Austria gave us Hitler’. Some others demanded Austrians ‘fight for what is free’…

What are your thoughts? Are compulsory jabs necessary?

Niamh. 21-01-2022 08:50 AM

I'm very pro the vaccine personally however I don't like the idea of people being forced to have it at all, always Pro Choice

arista 21-01-2022 01:52 PM

Yes Germany to Follow this.

arista 21-01-2022 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 11130881)
I'm very pro the vaccine personally however I don't like the idea of people being forced to have it at all, always Pro Choice

They can be the underclass
banned from a Café

Cherie 21-01-2022 02:05 PM

Personal choice this is a terrible decision

Alf 21-01-2022 02:06 PM

Austria have form on this sort of thing.

Some Charlie Chaplin looking artist came from Austria and did similar things.

glib 21-01-2022 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 11130971)
Austria have form on this sort of thing.

Some Charlie Chaplin looking artist came from Austria and did similar things.

This has been passed by the Parliament in quite a large majority though, not a dictator

LeatherTrumpet 21-01-2022 02:11 PM

why not round up the unvaccinated and herd them via train to big camps?

glib 21-01-2022 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 11130976)

They could have a separate part of the city for them to be honest

arista 21-01-2022 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 11130976)

No, many of them will find getting the Vaccines
means they can go places and the Café

Alf 21-01-2022 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glib (Post 11130974)
This has been passed by the Parliament in quite a large majority though, not a dictator

Are any of their Parliament representing the unvaccinated? Are any of their Parliament pointing out that this is wrong because forcing people to inject themselves is medical tyranny?

glib 21-01-2022 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 11130984)
Are any of their Parliament representing the unvaccinated? Are any of their Parliament pointing out that this is wrong because forcing people to inject themselves is medical tyranny?

It’s not necessarily forced either, but you need to have ‘up to’ £3000 on hand to counter it.
Of course it will affect the majority sadly.

Niamh. 21-01-2022 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 11130984)

"The UnVaccinated" sounds like a horror film :laugh:

But yes, this is disgraceful, people should be entitled to bodily autonomy, I'd go so far as to say it's a human rights issue.

Alf 21-01-2022 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glib (Post 11130987)
It’s not necessarily forced either, but you need to have ‘up to’ £3000 on hand to counter it.
Of course it will affect the majority sadly.

There's a good meme somewhere to answer the "it's not forced" reply. If I find it I'll post it.

Cal. 21-01-2022 05:00 PM

Pro vaccine myself but don’t like the idea of this at all.

Mystic Mock 21-01-2022 10:46 PM

Poor form from Austria imo.

Of course it's beneficial to have the Vaccine, but forcing people against their will is not a good idea, have they not seen the overwhelming abuse that Australia has received for pushing this idea forward? So why on earth would anyone want to copy them?

Luckily for them they still have time to back out before it's too late.

rusticgal 21-01-2022 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cal. (Post 11131105)
Pro vaccine myself but don’t like the idea of this at all.

No…it doesn’t sit right with me either…nobody should be forced to have it.

bitontheslide 21-01-2022 11:39 PM

i'm not aware of anyone in my circle that wants mandatory vaccination, i can't believe the majority of people in any country are in favour of it

Alf 22-01-2022 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 11131184)
i'm not aware of anyone in my circle that wants mandatory vaccination, i can't believe the majority of people in any country are in favour of it

They're not, but all the propaganda has to do is tell the opposite. Who's gonna fact check the self proclaimed truth tellers? You don't have the authority to. Or at least you don't think you do.

Toy Soldier 22-01-2022 11:06 AM

Everyone should get the vaccine however informed consent is a key component of ethical healthcare... So "mandatory" should never come into it.

GoldHeart 22-01-2022 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 11131248)
Everyone should get the vaccine however informed consent is a key component of ethical healthcare... So "mandatory" should never come into it.

But if you want to fly abroad on holiday you HAVE to be vaccinated anyway, why is that different when that's also MANDATORY ?.

People complain about not having a 'choice'.But then those same people will go gallivanting around ...maskless breathing on everyone, in crowded places spreading the virus.

Nicky91 22-01-2022 12:38 PM

i don't ''fly abroad'' for holidays anymore sooo my choice for not wanting the vaccine is easier

i just don't want the vaccine based upon that i don't want to get that myocarditis side effect of the vaccine, among people my age group and since i never ever socialize why should i risk getting that then

but i am NOT a complete anti-vaxxer, as i do want everyone in a risk group to get the vaccine for more protection, but tbh risk group like those with autoimmune diseases the vaccine only protects you so much from the virus, so those people still need to stick to some rules, precautions

Toy Soldier 22-01-2022 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 11131264)
But if you want to fly abroad on holiday you HAVE to be vaccinated anyway, why is that different when that's also MANDATORY ?.

The key is "if you want to fly abroad". Flying abroad for a holiday is not a necessity. I guess that's sort of like saying "if you want to drive a car, you HAVE to have a drivers license". That doesn't mean having a driver's license is mandatory in everyday life.

GoldHeart 22-01-2022 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 11131288)
The key is "if you want to fly abroad". Flying abroad for a holiday is not a necessity. I guess that's sort of like saying "if you want to drive a car, you HAVE to have a drivers license". That doesn't mean having a driver's license is mandatory in everyday life.

Yeah but through life you have to follow the rules , even what you said about driving license , it's actually saves alot of time to have a photo ID as a proof of document , whether that's a driver's licence or a passport . You might never go abroad or drive a car but it seems to help in life to have those things.

The problem is people want to have their cake and eat it, they want to go abroad ,go out all the time in crowds of people but never get vaxxed for safety and they don't wear masks . It wouldn't be so bad if they took precautions. Obviously I know not everyone is like that though.

Vicky. 22-01-2022 01:27 PM

Against this wholeheartedly. Should always be a choice. Mandatory medical treatment never ends well.