ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Gym guilt (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=380123)

Conzors 19-03-2022 10:35 PM

Gym guilt

Hey guys
I’ve recently started a fitness journey and had all the time in the world to go to the gym today but I didn’t cos quite frankly I couldn’t be arsed and I was lying to myself about going

Now it’s 11:30pm and I feel guilty about not going and am tempted to get out of bed and go.

Is this normal? Is it healthy? Has this happened to anyone before

Love you’s
Xx

glib 19-03-2022 10:46 PM

That’s called addiction and is just as bad if not worse than ciggy or alcohol addiction

Seek help immediately

arista 19-03-2022 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conzors (Post 11147642)
Hey guys
I’ve recently started a fitness journey and had all the time in the world to go to the gym today but I didn’t cos quite frankly I couldn’t be arsed and I was lying to myself about going

Now it’s 11:30pm and I feel guilty about not going and am tempted to get out of bed and go.

Is this normal? Is it healthy? Has this happened to anyone before

Love you’s
Xx

Yes it is normal
you are now older.

So it is understandable

Conzors 19-03-2022 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glib (Post 11147650)
That’s called addiction and is just as bad if not worse than ciggy or alcohol addiction

Seek help immediately

For the Cigs and alochol?
Or gym?

OR BOTH?

thesheriff443 19-03-2022 11:02 PM

It’s normal , been in the same position telling myself il go in hour and an hour passes and you say il go in an hour

LaLaLand 19-03-2022 11:08 PM

I re-joined my gym last week and was planning on going Thursday and Friday but didn’t make it.

Don’t beat yourself up about it and don’t feel guilty. There’s always tomorrow! It could be worse you could not be active whatsoever or be on any “journey” as you put it, think of it that way.

I’m starting properly Monday, hoping to get there every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from then on... :joker: :fc:

Conzors 19-03-2022 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaLaLand (Post 11147659)
I re-joined my gym last week and was planning on going Thursday and Friday but didn’t make it.

Don’t beat yourself up about it and don’t feel guilty. There’s always tomorrow! It could be worse you could not be active whatsoever or be on any “journey” as you put it, think of it that way.

I’m starting properly Monday, hoping to get there every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from then on... :joker: :fc:

I’ve been going consistently for 2 months 4 times a week and I’ve been three times this week, I suppose there’s always tomorrow right?

xx

Conzors 19-03-2022 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaLaLand (Post 11147659)

You’ll get there the first step is always the hardest, send me a message once you’ve been and we can chat about it if you want? Xx

AnnieK 19-03-2022 11:10 PM

If you're not feeling it on a particular day you're.likely to do one of two things, either do a lacklustre session or push it too far and ruin the next few opportunities you have to go. A day off isn't gonna kill you or ruin anything. Just relax :love:

LaLaLand 19-03-2022 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conzors (Post 11147660)
I’ve been going consistently for 2 months 4 times a week and I’ve been three times this week, I suppose there’s always tomorrow right?

xx

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conzors (Post 11147661)
You’ll get there the first step is always the hardest, send me a message once you’ve been and we can chat about it if you want? Xx

That’s amazing. Real willpower.

I was going twice/three times a week in the year running up until lockdown and lost over 10 stone. Rejoined because not only do I genuinely miss it (I’m the most exercise-hating person ever so that’s a surprise) but I’ve put a couple of stone back on thanks to ‘Rona so that’s coming off. :joker:

Inbox is always open! I’m looking forward to getting back there Monday morning. :dance:

Conzors 19-03-2022 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaLaLand (Post 11147663)
That’s amazing. Real willpower.

I was going twice/three times a week in the year running up until lockdown and lost over 10 stone. Rejoined because not only do I genuinely miss it (I’m the most exercise-hating person ever so that’s a surprise) but I’ve put a couple of stone back on thanks to ‘Rona so that’s coming off. :joker:

Inbox is always open! I’m looking forward to getting back there Monday morning. :dance:

10 stone!!!

Wow impressive!! Well done!

I was never fat but got chunky before lock down, lost it all and during lockdown like you put a few stone on.

You’re an inspiration!

LaLaLand 19-03-2022 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conzors (Post 11147665)
10 stone!!!

Wow impressive!! Well done!

I was never fat but got chunky before lock down, lost it all and during lockdown like you put a few stone on.

You’re an inspiration!

Thanks mate!

I’d lost 3 stone before I hit the gym. So I’m still like 11 stone lighter than what I was 3 years ago. I’m good! :joker:

Very kind of you to say that. Feel like a new person that’s for sure! :)

glib 19-03-2022 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaLaLand (Post 11147668)
Thanks mate!

I’d lost 3 stone before I hit the gym. So I’m still like 11 stone lighter than what I was 3 years ago. I’m good! :joker:

Very kind of you to say that. Feel like a new person that’s for sure! :)

You used to be 21 stone? :omgno:

glib 19-03-2022 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conzors (Post 11147652)
For the Cigs and alochol?
Or gym?

OR BOTH?

For your addiction to me xx

LaLaLand 19-03-2022 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glib (Post 11147669)
You used to be 21 stone? :omgno:

Add ten or so on to that. :joker:

I’m 6ft 8” and didn’t quite realise just how bad my weight had got until a few years ago. It’s easy to try and ignore it. Plus being gigantic anyway and what not it wasn’t as obvious that it was so severe weirdly.

Years of severe depression is a terrible thing. Finally conquered.

thesheriff443 19-03-2022 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glib (Post 11147670)
For your addiction to me xx

He would drop you like the dead weight that you are :joker:

glib 19-03-2022 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaLaLand (Post 11147671)
Add ten or so on to that. :joker:

I’m 6ft 8” and didn’t quite realise just how bad my weight had got until a few years ago. It’s easy to try and ignore it.

Years of severe depression is a terrible thing. Finally conquered.

Omg Lala :bawling: so happy for you :douf: great progress. For some reason I thought you were a middle aged lady :fan:

LaLaLand 19-03-2022 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glib (Post 11147673)
Omg Lala :bawling: so happy for you :douf: great progress. For some reason I thought you were a middle aged lady :fan:

:joker::joker::joker::joker: I’ll take that as a compliment! Hahaha

glib 19-03-2022 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesheriff443 (Post 11147672)
He would drop you like the dead weight that you are :joker:

Not if he doesn’t go the gym

thesheriff443 19-03-2022 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glib (Post 11147675)
Not if he doesn’t go the gym

He wants nourishment not punishment

Conzors 20-03-2022 12:17 AM

Okay thanks guys I feel better now imma have some xhocolate x

glib 20-03-2022 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conzors (Post 11147684)
Okay thanks guys I feel better now imma have some xhocolate x

Well done treat yourself xx

GoldHeart 20-03-2022 12:37 AM

It's easy to get out of the habit of gyms & exercise.

A day or so off isn't bad , I keep saying I'll have to get back to the gym.

UserSince2005 20-03-2022 01:12 AM

The showers are usually good at gyms late at night, you should go and “workout”

Alf 20-03-2022 06:45 AM

The World is my gym. The hills, the roads, the trees, the rivers.