ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Restrictions put on my FACEBOOK account for reporting a post (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=380365)

Gusto Brunt 08-04-2022 07:22 AM

Restrictions put on my FACEBOOK account for reporting a post

About 6 weeks ago I reported a person to Facebook after that person called me a vulgar name. :fist:

It's the first time I've reported anyone because I have never been abused before. :hee:

Anyway, I forgot all about it until today when Facebook sent me a message saying MY FACEBOOK ACCOUNT was now restricted. They made reference to the post I'd complained about but gave no reason why my account had now restrictions.

I assume it's a mistake. The wrong person. However, no way to appeal.

You couldn't make it up.:fist::joker:

Vanessa 08-04-2022 07:44 AM

It's probably just temporary. I would just wait it out.

Toy Soldier 08-04-2022 07:57 AM

Two ootions

Either someone clicked the wrong button and restricted you instead of the person you reported

Or you had said something before/after the post you reported that got you in trouble too.

I've had Tibb infractions for things said on threads that I reported myself :joker:.

Niamh. 08-04-2022 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 11152987)
Two ootions

Either someone clicked the wrong button and restricted you instead of the person you reported

Or you had said something before/after the post you reported that got you in trouble too.

I've had Tibb infractions for things said on threads that I reported myself :joker:.

That was my first thought too :laugh: Although I have heard of people getting temporary bans on FB for ridiculous reasons as well

Gusto Brunt 08-04-2022 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa (Post 11152986)
It's probably just temporary. I would just wait it out.

The restrictions are minor, but all the time.:fist::joker:

Gusto Brunt 08-04-2022 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 11152987)
Two ootions

The restrictions were in connection with the complaint I made, but I agree, that someone pressed the wrong button.

Gusto Brunt 08-04-2022 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 11152990)
That was my first thought too :laugh: Although I have heard of people getting temporary bans on FB for ridiculous reasons as well

Whilst I was looking at notifications, I noticed that Facebook had restricted me in 2018 for a comment I supposedly made about suicide.:shrug::shrug::shrug:

I would never make any bad comments about suicide. I can't remember even being notified about that one. BUT they're the only two.

GoldHeart 08-04-2022 11:33 AM

This is why sometimes it's not worth using the 'report' button as you yourself get penalised instead. Sites like Facebook don't give a damn, people post all sorts of offensive stuff and nothing is done about it.

It's like being a kid again ,and the teacher thinks you're causing trouble just because you so happen to be sat near the delinquents .

I got in a similar situation on YouTube,yet the troll was still free to abuse & insult people in the comment section. Best thing to do is just block people like that or ignore them.

Gusto Brunt 08-04-2022 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 11153035)
This is why sometimes it's not worth using the 'report' button as you yourself get penalised instead. Sites like Facebook don't give a damn, people post all sorts of offensive stuff and nothing is done about it.

It's like being a kid again ,and the teacher thinks you're causing trouble just because you so happen to be sat near the delinquents .

I got in a similar situation on YouTube,yet the troll was still free to abuse & insult people in the comment section. Best thing to do is just block people like that or ignore them.

Well said.