ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Football (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   Everton lodge official complaint to refereeing body about decisions in Liverpool game (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=380552)

Niamh. 25-04-2022 04:12 PM

Everton lodge official complaint to refereeing body about decisions in Liverpool game

:hehe:

Everton have contacted the Professional Game Match Officials Board to air their concerns over some refereeing decisions during their 2-0 loss to Liverpool at Anfield on Sunday.

According to PA, Everton are furious that the second-half incident involving Anthony Gordon and Liverpool back Joel Matip was subject to a VAR review.

The match referee Stuart Attwell said it was not a penalty and VAR did not intervene with the game at 0-0.

https://i.imgur.com/Jh9lk5k.jpeg

Everton boss Frank Lampard said after the match that it was a penalty and that had Mo Salah been the victim of the same foul at the other end, it would have been given.

It appears that Lampard’s sentiments are echoed by the powers-that-be at Everton, with an official complaint now lodged.

Last month the club received an apology, following another official complaint, from PGMOL boss Mike Riley after a handball foul was not given against Rodri in Everton’s home defeat to Manchester City.

https://i.imgur.com/5Ae7i85.jpeg

Zizu 25-04-2022 04:16 PM

Hopefully the board will fine Everton for all the late tackles , simulation / falling over , ridiculous time wasting by Pickford dropping on the ball and Gordon who repeatedly kicked the ball away when it was Liverpool throw-ins

All went unpunished ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Zizu 25-04-2022 04:18 PM

As regards the Gordon penalty claim .,

How on earth could the ref be certain it was a penalty when the lad had dived over about 5 times before that - he’s not even a convincing diver so he just looks daft

Niamh. 25-04-2022 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zizu (Post 11157595)
Hopefully the board will fine Everton for all the late tackles , simulation / falling over , ridiculous time wasting by Pickford dropping on the ball and Gordon who repeatedly kicked the ball away when it was Liverpool throw-ins

All went unpunished ...

Yeah, Richarlison should have got a Red for that tackle on Henderson

Niamh. 25-04-2022 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zizu (Post 11157597)
As regards the Gordon penalty claim .,

How on earth could the ref be certain it was a penalty when the lad had dived over about 5 times before that - he’s not even a convincing diver so he just looks daft

Boy who cried wolf :laugh:

Swan 25-04-2022 04:37 PM

Kinda ironic how Frank Lampard is probably my favourite all time Chelsea player, along with John Terry and Didier Drogba. But as a manager i almost can't stand him at this point. Im just gonna do my best to avoid him in interviews from now on. I hope we smash Everton next week tbh.

Alf 25-04-2022 04:40 PM

I've called it on this forum a couple of times this season.

Money corrupts. It's as simple as that.

Alf 25-04-2022 04:43 PM

Football is a corrupt game ever since the upper and middle classes came into the game. When they knew they could exploit the working classes for their love of the game.

Mystic Mock 25-04-2022 04:49 PM

Tbf I feel like Gordon just dived his way through the match, I can't pull up Grealish on this stuff and not Gordon.

The Man City game however is a different story because as it stands it's robbing Liverpool of the title, when Everton should've had a penalty.

bitontheslide 25-04-2022 04:56 PM

its all about the refs view of the incident and whether the var team felt there was a clear enough error for them to override the decision. The player in an interview after the match said quite clearly that he felt a touch so went to the floor - thats a dive in anyone's playbook :laugh:

Alf 25-04-2022 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 11157600)
Yeah, Richarlison should have got a Red for that tackle on Henderson

Shoving a player in the face is an automatic sending off unless you play for Liverpool, then it’s only a yellow card.

Niamh. 25-04-2022 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 11157638)
Shoving a player in the face is an automatic sending off unless you play for Liverpool, then it’s only a yellow card.

Even Stevens then [emoji28]

Alf 25-04-2022 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 11157640)
Even Stevens then [emoji28]

What is? The fact Everton should have had two penalties and Mane should have been sent off but instead all 3 of those decisions went in Liverpool's favour?

Niamh. 25-04-2022 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 11157644)
What is? The fact Everton should have had two penalties and Mane should have been sent off but instead all 3 of those decisions went in Liverpool's favour?

[emoji24]

Alf 25-04-2022 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 11157645)
[emoji24]

Suck on this

Alf 25-04-2022 05:28 PM

Great play by Henry, great goal from Gallas. Very poor defending by Paul McShane

Niamh. 25-04-2022 05:32 PM

[emoji28]

bitontheslide 04-05-2022 07:58 PM

Everton boss Frank Lampard has been charged by the Football Association for his post-match comments after last month's 2-0 defeat at Liverpool.

Referee Stuart Attwell did not penalise a challenge on Anthony Gordon.

Lampard suggested a penalty would have been given if the challenge had been made on a Liverpool player.

It is alleged his comments "constitute improper conduct as they imply bias and/or attack the integrity of the match referee".

He has until Monday to respond to the charge.

Everton are 18th in the league, two points from safety, with a game in hand on their rivals.

The Toffees contacted the Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL) after the Merseyside derby to query why the challenge on Gordon was not reviewed further.

With the game goalless, forward Gordon went over in the area following a challenge by Liverpool's Joel Matip.

Eight minutes after the incident Andy Robertson scored Liverpool's opener with Divock Origi sealing the 2-0 win.

"It was a penalty, you don't get them at Anfield," Lampard said.

"If that was Mohamed Salah at the Kop end, I think [the referee] gives that. It was a foul on Anthony."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61326212

----------------------------------------------------------

Zizu 04-05-2022 08:03 PM

Everton have wrote to UEFA to ask why Villarreal could beat them in 2005 but couldn’t beat Liverpool tonight

LeatherTrumpet 04-05-2022 08:19 PM

It was a pen but money talks....

Alf 04-05-2022 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 11161206)
Everton boss Frank Lampard has been charged by the Football Association for his post-match comments after last month's 2-0 defeat at Liverpool.

Referee Stuart Attwell did not penalise a challenge on Anthony Gordon.

Lampard suggested a penalty would have been given if the challenge had been made on a Liverpool player.

It is alleged his comments "constitute improper conduct as they imply bias and/or attack the integrity of the match referee".

He has until Monday to respond to the charge.

Everton are 18th in the league, two points from safety, with a game in hand on their rivals.

The Toffees contacted the Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL) after the Merseyside derby to query why the challenge on Gordon was not reviewed further.

With the game goalless, forward Gordon went over in the area following a challenge by Liverpool's Joel Matip.

Eight minutes after the incident Andy Robertson scored Liverpool's opener with Divock Origi sealing the 2-0 win.

"It was a penalty, you don't get them at Anfield," Lampard said.

"If that was Mohamed Salah at the Kop end, I think [the referee] gives that. It was a foul on Anthony."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61326212

----------------------------------------------------------

Charged for comments? What is the Football Association? China wannabees.

The people who made this decision need to looked at and removed, they're dangerous people.

Alf 04-05-2022 08:42 PM

None of this would be going on if Brian Clough was still about. He'd tell them exactly where they could stick their charge.

Alf 04-05-2022 08:45 PM

Lampard should refuse any TV interviews in the future if he's gonna get charged for his comments.

The media sticks a microphone in his face for his comments.

The Slim Reaper 04-05-2022 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 11161211)
None of this would be going on if Brian Clough was still about. He'd tell them exactly where they could stick their charge.

Then he'd pay the fine.

Alf 04-05-2022 08:51 PM

The referee in question is a cheating arsehole.

Come and try and charge me for my comments FA.