ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Big Brother 2023 - ITV2 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=741)
-   -   How would you like ITV to market BB? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=380760)

Mjc 11-05-2022 08:26 AM

How would you like ITV to market BB?

Was thinking Love Island is on soon and visually it looks the exact same every year. Would you like BB to take this approach e.g. same titles every year? How would you like break bumpers/billboards to look? Would you like them to use the international generic logo or something else entirely like BB19?

This isn't the most important factor but aesthetics definitely make a good series great (think BB7).

Ideas anyone?

arista 11-05-2022 08:42 AM

New Logo

Rainbow Colors

Meaning anyone can enter

Like the Big Brother Australia Celebs, did.

_Seth 11-05-2022 10:48 AM

Definitely a "Big Brother is evil" and "this is no holiday camp" type mantra with imagery featuring barbed wire, snarling guard dogs, security guys, cameras, the gallery showing everything being watched. Proper old school, sterile, back to basics stuff. It should really hone in on the voyeurism aspect and be low key creepy in its aesthetic. No more of this plastic, party Love Island crap.

Swan 11-05-2022 10:49 AM

The old school way, and NOTHING like Love Island.

BBDodge 12-05-2022 11:52 AM

BB should do as before. Re-jig the eye and titles each series (assuming ITV would be in it for more than a year) but keep the iconic theme tune.

kingston 12-05-2022 04:29 PM

ITV definitely need to stick to the tradition of revamping the show’s branding year on year. It doesn’t need to be drastic but just enough that each series has it’s own identity.

As for the house I don’t think they’ll completely remodel it each year. It will probably be something akin to what we used to see with the Channel 4 CBB houses. The same basic structure with minor changes/additions here and there.

No over the top themes. A small general theme like “Evil BB” that they can build the series around but nothing more. I’d also love to see a return to the BB5/BB6/BB7 strategy of taking an idea and building on it as each series progresses.

No nostalgia pandering. There can be a small acknowledgment that previous series exist but nothing more. I’d like to see this series stand on its own… The series ethos should be about returning the format to its core values NOT about just doing things the way Channel 4 did things.

kingston 12-05-2022 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBDodge (Post 11163937)
BB should do as before. Re-jig the eye and titles each series (assuming ITV would be in it for more than a year) but keep the iconic theme tune.

The theme should be remixed.

Mystic Mock 12-05-2022 11:27 PM

I'd market it as "evil BB" like BB5.

I'd have a 24 style look to indicate 24/7 Live Feed, and show loads of cameras to give off a claustrophobic feeling to the viewer, and that the contestants have nowhere to hide.:devil:

Beastie 13-05-2022 06:39 PM

Big Brother golden ticket in kit kats.

RealManLikeJ 23-05-2022 07:07 AM

we gonna ignore that it would also be the 20th series though? there should at least be some reference to that in the intro and whatnot and MAYBE a bit of acknowledgment of the series before it. i say keep the theme song the same like it’s always been, but if they’re gonna remix it don’t change it too much.

Zizu 23-05-2022 07:22 AM

Soooo is it really coming back on telly ?

If so when ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BBDodge 23-05-2022 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zizu (Post 11168702)
Soooo is it really coming back on telly ?

If so when ??

We don't know. The Sun started a rumour. Rylan keeps dropping hints on Twitter.

If it does return the earliest is expected to be early Autumn 2023, between Love Island and I'm A Celeb.

Zizu 23-05-2022 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBDodge (Post 11168770)
We don't know. The Sun started a rumour. Rylan keeps dropping hints on Twitter.

If it does return the earliest is expected to be early Autumn 2023, between Love Island and I'm A Celeb.

Ah .. thank you !

As regards Rylan .. he’s a nice guy but it does irritate me intensely when he says ‘fank you’ or ‘ I fawt you were messing ‘ etc

Plus he drops his Ts near the ends of words ..

_Seth 23-05-2022 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealManLikeJ (Post 11168699)
we gonna ignore that it would also be the 20th series though? there should at least be some reference to that in the intro and whatnot and MAYBE a bit of acknowledgment of the series before it. i say keep the theme song the same like it’s always been, but if they’re gonna remix it don’t change it too much.

Just rebrand it to:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...Bigg-boss2.jpg

kingston 01-06-2022 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealManLikeJ (Post 11168699)

Some acknowledgment of past series would be alright but it’s important that this series be a fresh start for everyone. The more they lean in to nostalgia the less likely this era will stand on it’s own. While a refreshed out look on the series should involve brining BB back to its core values it shouldn’t be about simply picking up where Channel 4/5 left off. Making this series the start of a new era in every sense of the word should be their main focus.

kingston 01-06-2022 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Seth (Post 11168811)

The show doesn’t need a complete rebrand at this point. It just needs to fall in to the hands of someone that wants BB for what it is… That understands that BB isn’t just a show, but an experience. Someone that will appreciate what made BB the phenomenon it was.