ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements / Suggestions / Help (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Mobile Help (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=380902)

Swan 20-05-2022 03:48 PM

Mobile Help

I have an old iphone 5s (i know, ancient, but it's been doing what i need for years now), anyway it wont receive calls or texts. I can make calls, can use the internet, whatsapp etc, single is reading fine, no problems with o2 in my area, do not disturb is off, turned the phone on and off several times, but still not working. I know it's probably time to get a new phone, but this problem is baffling me now!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The Slim Reaper 20-05-2022 04:43 PM

Have you tried a factory reset?

Swan 20-05-2022 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 11167827)
Have you tried a factory reset?

I've reset the network, but not a factory reset, that's my last resort, but you might be right tbh. If not it'll be time for a new phone, which i really cba with :joker:

michael21 20-05-2022 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 11167820)
I have an old iphone 5s (i know, ancient, but it's been doing what i need for years now), anyway it wont receive calls or texts. I can make calls, can use the internet, whatsapp etc, single is reading fine, no problems with o2 in my area, do not disturb is off, turned the phone on and off several times, but still not working. I know it's probably time to get a new phone, but this problem is baffling me now!

Maybe no one calling or texting you

Sorry but that was an opening goal :cheer2:

Swan 20-05-2022 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michael21 (Post 11167858)
Maybe no one calling or texting you

Sorry but that was an opening goal :cheer2:

Charlotte got a hold of me on whatsapp to let me know it was going straight to voicemail.

michael21 20-05-2022 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 11167873)
Charlotte got a hold of me on whatsapp to let me know it was going straight to voicemail.

Charlotte a very poplar name :fist:

michael21 20-05-2022 05:56 PM

Anyway have you try holding the 1 and the 9 down for 30sec then trun of your phone and then back on and that should fix it

LeatherTrumpet 20-05-2022 06:40 PM

get a new phone

£30 for a 7 or £80 for an 8 on ebay

ThomasC 20-05-2022 07:03 PM

Stick it in the microwave for 1 minute.

It will reactive the calling signal. Something to do with magnowaves or so I've heard.

Failing that give O2 a ring or buy a new phone

Kate! 20-05-2022 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThomasC (Post 11167942)
Stick it in the microwave for 1 minute.

It will reactive the calling signal. Something to do with magnowaves or so I've heard.

Failing that give O2 a ring or buy a new phone

Jesus!! PLEASE tell me you're only joking about the microwave. :joker:

Zizu 20-05-2022 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 11167820)

It’s not gone onto Airplane mode by mistake ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Swan 20-05-2022 10:46 PM

Thanks for the suggestions and help guys. Anyway, i've not been outside today, i went out for a walk earlier and after 2 mins of being outside my phone bombarded me with texts and missed call alerts.

No idea what happened, i didn't change anything, i went outside and it started to work again. Very strange. My little iphone 5s lives to fight another day :laugh:

rusticgal 20-05-2022 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 11168027)
Thanks for the suggestions and help guys. Anyway, i've not been outside today, i went out for a walk earlier and after 2 mins of being outside my phone bombarded me with texts and missed call alerts.

No idea what happened, i didn't change anything, i went outside and it started to work again. Very strange. My little iphone 5s lives to fight another day :laugh:

Great news….sorry but these things are beyond me :laugh:

Swan 21-05-2022 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusticgal (Post 11168030)
Great news….sorry but these things are beyond me :laugh:

Thanks. Yeah i'm not great whatsoever, alright on PC's and Consoles, terrible with Phones :joker:

Toy Soldier 21-05-2022 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 11168027)

Honestly I'd bin it anyway and get something newer... I'm not one for "the newest latest phone every time one comes out!" but iPhone 5 is pretty ancient at this point... you're going to run into more issues. Even an iPhone 7 would be a decent upgrade and you could pick one up for < £100.

If you're set in iPhones I'd honestly say treat yourself at least a little and get maybe an iPhone XS, can pick one of those up for about £180 2nd hand if you have a look around and it'll still be kicking in 5 years so long as you take care of it.

Toy Soldier 21-05-2022 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 11167935)
get a new phone

£30 for a 7 or £80 for an 8 on ebay

My arse can you gat a 7 for £30 on eBay :joker:. Maybe if it's already broken. Probably £85 for a 7, £110 for an 8 (working and not cracked screen) would be my guess

Swan 21-05-2022 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 11168145)
Honestly I'd bin it anyway and get something newer... I'm not one for "the newest latest phone every time one comes out!" but iPhone 5 is pretty ancient at this point... you're going to run into more issues. Even an iPhone 7 would be a decent upgrade and you could pick one up for < £100.

If you're set in iPhones I'd honestly say treat yourself at least a little and get maybe an iPhone XS, can pick one of those up for about £180 2nd hand if you have a look around and it'll still be kicking in 5 years so long as you take care of it.

Yeah im probably gonna get an 2nd hand 8 or something. I was thinking CEX maybe because of the 2 year warranty. But im sure im paying top whack.