ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   TV Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Stranger things 4 the first 8 mins (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=380951)

LeatherTrumpet 23-05-2022 07:15 PM

Stranger things 4 the first 8 mins

:shocked:

Toy Soldier 24-05-2022 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 11168925)
:shocked:

Spoiler:

Teaser makes it look like 11 killed everyone, but I reckon a gateway actually opened and something (or multiple somethings) came through and killed everyone, then when they went for 11 she went Super Saiyan and ****ed them up/sent them back to the upside down. Hence the "but you're the only one who can stop this" or similar comment from the other doc in the S4 trailer when he's talking to her and she says she doesn't have her abilities any more.

Niamh. 24-05-2022 11:05 AM

Not going to watch that, I'm waiting till it comes out

Swan 24-05-2022 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 11169035)
Not going to watch that, I'm waiting till it comes out

Yeah same.

I can't think of a better TV show in the last 20 years tbh, it's my favourite by miles. Also how discovered Synthwave music, which i've been addicted to for 5 years now.

Cherie 24-05-2022 02:26 PM

Reminds me I never watched series 2

Niamh. 24-05-2022 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 11169098)
Yeah same.

I can't think of a better TV show in the last 20 years tbh, it's my favourite by miles. Also how discovered Synthwave music, which i've been addicted to for 5 years now.

I love the whole nostalgia of it, same with the IT remake. the 80's were a brilliant time for kids/teen TV and films

Swan 24-05-2022 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 11169101)
I love the whole nostalgia of it, same with the IT remake. the 80's were a brilliant time for kids/teen TV and films

Yep, that's a huge draw. I was a 90's kid, but i was heavily influenced by 80's music, tv and films. I still am now.

Niamh. 24-05-2022 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 11169103)
Yep, that's a huge draw. I was a 90's kid, but i was heavily influenced by 80's music, tv and films. I still am now.

I was an 80's kid/90's teen

Toy Soldier 24-05-2022 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 11169100)
Reminds me I never watched series 2

Or 3 presumably? It's S4 that's coming out.

I'm baffled if you managed to watch S1 and S3 but just randomly skipped S2 :joker:

Niamh. 24-05-2022 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 11169106)
Or 3 presumably? It's S4 that's coming out.

I'm baffled if you managed to watch S1 and S3 but just randomly skipped S2 :joker:

maybe she just watched S1 and never watched anymore after?

Swan 24-05-2022 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 11169105)

I was born in 87. Me and one of my gaming friends (she's 37) were saying how lucky we were to have grown up with the best of both, physical media, catalogues, going to the video shop every friday being aloud ONE film to rent, and maybe a game, and that would have to last you all weekend. Or buying a CD album and discovering songs, not being able to try before you buy, hoping there were some real gems in the album etc. And also now where everything is there the second you want it.

Like you say, Stranger Things really taps into that nostalgia.

Toy Soldier 24-05-2022 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 11169103)

I was only 5 in 1990 but honestly most of the stuff from my childhood is still 80's... the "big kids movies" (and a lot of cartoons etc.) in the early 90's were mainly still 80's stuff. Kids were still obsessed with things like Karate Kid, Back To The Future etc. in the early 90's... I suspect maybe because most people just had the basic 4-TV-channels back then and a lot of the movies that were shown regularly would have been made in the 80's, there was a MUCH longer cinema - video - TV cycle back then, I doubt they showed many movies that were less than 5 years old on the telly.

Not going to lie though, the 90's had some epic stuff too, very different vibe of course.

Niamh. 24-05-2022 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 11169111)
I was born in 87. Me and one of my gaming friends (she's 37) were saying how lucky we were to have grown up with the best of both, physical media, catalogues, going to the video shop every friday being aloud ONE film to rent, and maybe a game, and that would have to last you all weekend. Or buying a CD album and discovering songs, not being able to try before you buy, hoping there were some real gems in the album etc. And also now where everything is there the second you want it.

Ahh same age as my baby brother then :love:

Yes, I absolutely agree with you, I'm also so grateful for the time I was born into. Not having everything at your finger tips instantly makes the world more........mysterious and fun imo :laugh:

Toy Soldier 24-05-2022 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 11169111)

We're a definite bridging generation, it's an odd place to be I think. Remembering renting videos from Blockbuster and recording songs off the radio, but ALSO the birth of MP3 downloads, the internet in general, etc.

Gaming is a good example too; within the span of what I'd consider my childhood I played games like this:

https://amstrad.es/lib/exe/fetch.php...ble_4cpc_3.jpg

Which I rented on cassette tape from the library, right through to this;

https://xtremeretro.com/wp-content/u...reme-Retro.png

Which came out when I was 20.

It's been 17 years since the latter and really, games haven't changed all that much in that time at all. We defintiely grew up during a 20 year span (mid-80's - early 2000's) that encompassed an absolutely massive shift that you don't really see in any other similar short time span. Certainly not in the last 20 years :shrug:. The huge leaps forwards in tech, entertainment, the internet, smartphones etc.

Oliver_W 24-05-2022 02:53 PM

I'm slightly younger than y'all fogeys, but I identify more with your memories, and in fact I mostly watch and listen to physical media :joker:

Niamh. 24-05-2022 03:01 PM

I was born in 1978 so I'm on the older spectrum of you lots memories, I do remember getting a computer with internet though probably in the late 90's(maybe very early 00's?) You had to share the internet with the phone line and it was that awful dial up and it took forever to move pages etc, it was more frustrating trying to use the internet back then than anything else, I can't even remember when i started using the internet properly like more similar to how it is today :think:

Oliver_W 24-05-2022 03:08 PM

Myself nor my family are particularly techy, we had the "phone or internet" setup for an indecently long time, and none of us cared :joker:

Niamh. 24-05-2022 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 11169138)
Myself nor my family are particularly techy, we had the "phone or internet" setup for an indecently long time, and none of us cared :joker:

I did hold out for agggges before getting a smart phone alright, i was very anti that :laugh: I had this sexy little number for far longer than i needed to. (it's still at home in a drawer :p )

LeatherTrumpet 24-05-2022 03:26 PM

This was my first console

it was like space-age had finally arrived :amazed:

michael21 24-05-2022 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 11169105)

So your life is like a movie set in the future with all the changes

michael21 24-05-2022 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 11169150)
This was my first console

it was like space-age had finally arrived :amazed:

That like one of the games on this site :laugh:

Niamh. 24-05-2022 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michael21 (Post 11169152)
So your life is like a movie set in the future with all the changes

me on my lunch break

https://media3.giphy.com/media/ixJI8...foRgac/200.gif

michael21 24-05-2022 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 11169154)

That cool 😎

That a classic movie I seen it :laugh:

Toy Soldier 24-05-2022 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 11169129)
I was born in 1978 so I'm on the older spectrum of you lots memories, I do remember getting a computer with internet though probably in the late 90's(maybe very early 00's?) You had to share the internet with the phone line and it was that awful dial up and it took forever to move pages etc, it was more frustrating trying to use the internet back then than anything else, I can't even remember when i started using the internet properly like more similar to how it is today :think:

We were early internet adopters; I joined my first vBulletin forum in 1999 :joker: (believe it or not, TiBB is in fact my FOURTH long term forum home :omgno: )

But yeah, in the early days not only did it use the phone line, but there were no monthly unlimited options so it cost 1p/minute in the evening and something shocking like 5p/minute during the day. I remember when we first got "unlimited internet" (it was in fact only free from 6pm - 6am, so I used to wait with baited breath until after dinner to get online and catch up with forum drama :laugh: )...

...and eventually my mum got so sick of people telling her they'd tried to call and the line was busy all night that they got a 2nd phone line put in just for the internet :joker:.

SO much nostalgia from this sound:

Swan 24-05-2022 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 11169154)

Niamh on her lunch break in style, breaking many men's hearts along the way with her awesomeness :smug: