ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chat and Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Tom Hanks gets very angry at a fan who knocks his wife (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=381306)

arista 16-06-2022 02:24 PM

Tom Hanks gets very angry at a fan who knocks his wife

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/06...5376547866.jpg
[Scary: The actor, 65, was quick to
defend Rita Wilson, 65, from the crowds
after overenthusiastic fans mobbed
the couple outside a restaurant in Midtown ]

Video on this link
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ocks-over.html

I blame the Big Body Guard

LeatherTrumpet 16-06-2022 02:28 PM

Bit of an over reaction but people who hound stars like that are idiots

arista 16-06-2022 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 11177817)
Bit of an over reaction but people who hound stars like that are idiots

No,

he has a right to protect his wife

[a sheepish fan shouted out 'sorry about that,
Tom' as the couple sped off]

Swan 16-06-2022 02:39 PM

The thread title is so media baity esque - "black" why does that even matter? Just like the press and media trying to separate everything and everybody through race. The persons race means absolutely nothing in this case.

arista 16-06-2022 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 11177819)
The thread title is so media baity esque - "black" why does that even matter? Just like the press and media trying to separate everything and everybody through race. The persons race means absolutely nothing in this case.

But it was not a White Fan

It was a Black Fan
he got angry with.

GoldHeart 16-06-2022 02:43 PM

Quote:

So silly :rolleyes: , plus I watched the video ..and the title is so misleading , Hanks was actually yelling at more than one fan including a white guy . I agree ..no idea why race is being brought into it.

Tom hanks was defending & protecting his wife understandably, as they were swarming around & getting too close ...that she dropped an item by looks of it.

LeatherTrumpet 16-06-2022 02:46 PM

he was not defending his wife

someone accidentally bumped into her a little as she was stopping

it wasnt "aggressive" it was the opposite

and he lost the plot way too much

Mystic Mock 16-06-2022 02:48 PM

Quote:

Thank god it's not just me getting confused about the title of the article.

It's so annoying nowadays how everyone is always separated by race, sex or sexuality, rather than just being a person.

GoldHeart 16-06-2022 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 11177823)
Thank god it's not just me getting confused about the title of the article.

It's so annoying nowadays how everyone is always separated by race, sex or sexuality, rather than just being a person.

The thing is.. he was telling off the 'fans' in general ,it wasn't just 1 guy :rolleyes: . Title is misleading.

Toy Soldier 16-06-2022 02:56 PM

To be fair,

1) I don't think he fully saw what happened so he was just reacting in the moment.

2) If you take a look, it wasn't even the fault of the black guy, it was the guy in the blue top and white/grey camo hat behind him, who wasn't looking where he was going (trying to take a selfie of himself and Tom)... walked into the back of the other guy who then stumbled forward into her. You even hear him say in the very last second of the video, "someone pushed me".

None of them were aggressive though they were all apologetic :shrug:.

GoldHeart 16-06-2022 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 11177822)

People were getting way too close ,you can see it however you want. But some fans don't seem to understand what personal space is.

Hanks did get a little angry ,but I still think he was being protective.

arista 16-06-2022 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 11177822)

No, Give the lady some space.

It does not matter if it was not aggressive

LeatherTrumpet 16-06-2022 03:00 PM

and why has that clown in the cap got sunglasses on at night?

Toy Soldier 16-06-2022 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 11177827)
No, Give the lady some space.

It does not matter if it was not aggressive

I somewhat agree that it's understandable that he was annoyed (especially as they're a bit older now and that should be taken into account) BUT

The Daily Mail headline specifically says "aggressive fan" which simply isn't true. Over-enthusiastic sure, rude even in not giving them space, but none of the fans were aggressive at all.

Niamh. 16-06-2022 03:10 PM

Edited the thread title, it's pretty baity and unnecessary Arista

MTVN 16-06-2022 03:22 PM

Pretty horrendous to not be able to walk 50 yards from a restaurant to your car without a dozen gormless morons surrounding you with their phones

Think Hanks reaction was totally understandable and it did the trick tbf, left them all standing there like naughty schoolchildren

arista 16-06-2022 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 11177833)
Edited the thread title, it's pretty baity and unnecessary Arista

OK fair play

arista 16-06-2022 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTVN (Post 11177840)
Pretty horrendous to not be able to walk 50 yards from a restaurant to your car without a dozen gormless morons surrounding you with their phones

Think Hanks reaction was totally understandable and it did the trick tbf, left them all standing there like naughty schoolchildren

Very True
they should have left space around his wife

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/06...5376149519.jpg