ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Strictly Come Dancing (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Strictly Tibb Series 9: Week 3 Dance Off (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=381555)

Strictly Jake 04-07-2022 11:43 AM

Strictly Tibb Series 9: Week 3 Dance Off

Week 3 landed two couples in danger but which one do you want to save

Jake and Aliona with a Jive to Come on Eileen

Liam and Nadiya with a Viennese Waltz to Kiss from a rose

Kate! 04-07-2022 11:45 AM

I am saving Liam. I gave both songs well deserved tens but the performance of the night that really tugged at my heartstrings was his. Good luck both. Xx

Cherie 04-07-2022 11:47 AM

Saving Jake as I was going to use Come on Eileen but decided against it but it is a fave of mine

parmnion 04-07-2022 11:49 AM

Saving jake for following the brief set out by the judges after Annie's choice.

ThomasC 04-07-2022 12:12 PM

I save Liam

Although he didn't follow the brief properly, it is a much better song.

Come On Eileen is way overrated, overused and just quite annoying.

Vanessa 04-07-2022 12:23 PM

I thought the first song was a bit slow for a jive. But it does pick up.
The second song was my favourite and I gave it a 10.
Tough choice. I'll have a think and then I will vote.

Nicky91 04-07-2022 12:38 PM

am saving Liam

and he did follow the brief

Rose is a name, duh

i also think kiss from a rose suits a viennese waltz better than a jive with come on eileen where come on eileen is more quickstep as we saw with Mike & Katya's quickstep ;)

kiss from a rose fits rumba and viennese waltz well i think

Strictly Jake 04-07-2022 12:41 PM

I'm still wondering what I was thinking choosing come on Eileen for a Jive. I love the song it's on at every party and gets people jumping up and down to it. But yeah it doesn't suit a Jive, I should have took more time to make my choice.

I think Liam's song does suit a Viennese waltz however I'm sure it's also been used for a Viennese waltz on strictly to prove that. The rose in question in the song is a flower not a name

So it's choose me who's song didn't match the dance

Or

Choose Liam who's song didn't match the theme

I guess it comes down to what's more important to you, a song matching the dance or a song matching the theme

Strictly Jake 04-07-2022 12:52 PM

I've decided to let Liam carry on in this. I'd have liked to get further that last series but it's easier to host when I don't need to choose songs too

parmnion 04-07-2022 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 11185163)
am saving Liam

Rose is a name, duh

i also think kiss from a rose suits a viennese waltz better than a jive with come on eileen where come on eileen is more quickstep as we saw with Mike & Katya's quickstep ;)

Yes I was going to pick that song for my rumba, but then the brief was explained to us all so I changed it.

Vanessa 04-07-2022 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strictly Jake (Post 11185166)
I'm still wondering what I was thinking choosing come on Eileen for a Jive. I love the song it's on at every party and gets people jumping up and down to it. But yeah it doesn't suit a Jive, I should have took more time to make my choice.

I think Liam's song does suit a Viennese waltz however I'm sure it's also been used for a Viennese waltz on strictly to prove that. The rose in question in the song is a flower not a name

So it's choose me who's song didn't match the dance

Or

Choose Liam who's song didn't match the theme

I guess it comes down to what's more important to you, a song matching the dance or a song matching the theme

It was a bit slow for a jive.

Vanessa 04-07-2022 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 11185163)
am saving Liam

Rose is a name, duh

I agree. Rose is a woman's name. So for me it was a valid entry.