ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Are most people (somewhat) bisexual? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=381710)

Redway 18-07-2022 02:53 PM

Are most people (somewhat) bisexual?

It goes without saying that males of old (at least) regularly had sex. with other men (sometimes teenaged boys, which by today’s standards is very questionable indeed but that’s not really the point) and there’s a plethora of research that’s kind of been conducted since then linking those ancient African/Greek/Roman practices with modern sexuality and how people (males and females alike) are more fluid sexuality-wise in general than is usually admitted in the general public. Personally I have my reservations but I do feel like more people than we tend to think of are indeed sexually-fluid (most people obviously have a stronger affinity for one gender over the other, usually the opposite, but one thing I’ve learnt over the past few years is that nothing’s ever really 100% black-and-white). Do you think sexuality as we see it today is too rigid or are the vast majority of people truly heterosexual after all?

Liam- 18-07-2022 02:53 PM

No

Niamh. 18-07-2022 03:01 PM

What you describe in your OP is men in power taking advantage of boys, that's not sexual fluidity, it's sexual abuse, no different from sexual abuse of children and young teenagers within the Catholic Church for example.

Cherie 18-07-2022 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 11191909)
What you describe in your OP is men in power taking advantage of boys, that's not sexual fluidity, it's sexual abuse, no different from sexual abuse of children and young teenagers within the Catholic Church for example.

exactly

UserSince2005 18-07-2022 03:25 PM

No, people know their sexuality for certain once they have experienced me.

Niamh. 18-07-2022 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserSince2005 (Post 11191919)
No, people know they sexuality for certain once they have experienced me.

Lesbian?

UserSince2005 18-07-2022 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 11191921)
Lesbian?

:hehe: don't fool yourself

Niamh. 18-07-2022 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserSince2005 (Post 11191923)
:hehe: don't fool yourself

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/49/34...bc9c1d7647.gif

GoldHeart 18-07-2022 03:48 PM

I think there's more openess in sexuality,but someone who fooled around in their younger years might still class themselves as straight today & vice versa.

As for old Roman & Greek cultures, they just all seemed horny . Especially in Roman times with all the orgies . It seemed anything went back then ,no boundaries.

Redway 18-07-2022 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 11191909)

That was just a sordid example I just had to use for the most contextual background. I definitely don’t come anywhere near close to condoning that kind of foolishness per se but when you think about it it does kind of hone home how free people of ancient times kind of appeared to be when it came to sex. (for good and bad). If you know what I mean.

Redway 18-07-2022 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 11191934)
I think there's more openess in sexuality,but someone who fooled around in their younger years might still class themselves as straight today & vice versa.

As for old Roman & Greek cultures, they just all seemed horny . Especially in Roman times with all the orgies . It seemed anything went back then ,no boundaries.

But the thing is I don’t think any lad/man would experiment with another male (even if it was just a teenage/college thing) if there wasn’t some sort of inherent attraction. They might repress it as the years go on and end up identifying as exclusively-heterosexual but I just feel like if you actually bum/get bummed by another guy there’s more to your sexuality. Blowjobs I don’t really count like that because I know it’s just a common thing for lads to want to suck each other off out of curiosity more than anything else and that doesn’t tend to go anywhere.

Cherie 18-07-2022 04:06 PM

I can't think of anything worse than getting it on with a woman :yuk:

Niamh. 18-07-2022 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redway (Post 11191946)
That was just a sordid example I just had to use for the most contextual background. I definitely don’t come anywhere near close to condoning that kind of foolishness per se but when you think about it it does kind of hone home how free people of ancient times kind of appeared to be when it came to sex. (for good and bad). If you know what I mean.

Well yeah but they were "free" to do a lot of things, like rape, murder, colonizing, torture...... :laugh:

Liam- 18-07-2022 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 11191952)

Snap :hehe:

Redway 18-07-2022 04:10 PM

Imagine how this thread would pan out if good-ol. lostalex was here.

LeatherTrumpet 18-07-2022 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 11191952)

especially the ones with a penis

:shocked:

Zizu 18-07-2022 04:23 PM

Quote:

Lesbian?

Fabulously, witty and funny response !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thesheriff443 18-07-2022 05:10 PM

I think drink can lower peoples inhibitions

For me it’s a no

Cherie 19-07-2022 07:39 AM

Quote:

Lesbian?

:joker:

Redway 19-07-2022 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesheriff443 (Post 11192000)

For me it’s a no

True. Anyone can turn bi. after one-too-many tequila shots at the bar. At least for a minute.

ThomasC 19-07-2022 11:21 AM

Good topic.

To answer your title - no

However, gay for pay, horniness, experimentation. I think men are more open to it than women even if they deny it.

Obviously some men would just not go there at all, but there will be a lot that will. Some will think that as long as they're not receiving anal then they're still straight or if they're not blowing they're still straight.

I just say, do what you want and forget the label.

I use a particular app a lot to know that a lot of 'straight' men look for gay sex.

ThomasC 19-07-2022 11:23 AM

There's something hot about ****ing a straight bloke too, like massively hot. Lol

ThomasC 19-07-2022 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesheriff443 (Post 11192000)

For me it’s a no

:nono:don't tell lies

You're always flirting with me you little minx

ThomasC 19-07-2022 11:26 AM

I turned Jordan gay.

True story.

He's now my beautiful friend. We'd probably be fwb if we met in real life.

Oliver_W 19-07-2022 12:38 PM

Nah, the overwhelming majority of people are straight.

Having a (wo/)man crush or experimenting doesn't change one's sexuality as a whole.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redway (Post 11191946)

I get what you're saying, but viewing those acts through a modern lens doesn't really work. The men raping the boys wasn't what we'd perceive as a homosexual act, the men (in most cases) weren't attracted to other males in general or the boys they were raping; as Niamh said it was an act of asserting power more than anything reciprocal or "romantic".

If anything it was probably closer to "prison gay", with the culture's social seclusion of women and delayed marriages.