ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Big Brother 2023 - ITV2 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=741)
-   -   What will differentiate ITV's Big Brother to C4 and C5? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=381901)

JoshBB 02-08-2022 10:09 PM

What will differentiate ITV's Big Brother to C4 and C5?

So excited it's coming back!! My opinion is that they'll want to appeal to long-time fans of the show and they've already promised housemates from all walks of life. But then they've also said they want to modernise the show to appeal to a younger generation -- which I read as potential Love Islandification.

My inkling is that it will sit somewhere between the authenticity of many Channel 4 series with the high-drama and production/manipulation of Channel 5. I also read that one of the co-producers of BB7 is involved, which is reassuring!

What do other people think? Do we have any more evidence that might help us predict this?

Denver 02-08-2022 10:36 PM

Housemates should be

A Tory
A refugee
A Bin Man
A Rail Worker
60 year Old Mary who works tills on a Sunday morning at Telford
A Straight Drag Queen
An Old Gay
Burger King Worker
Drug Dealer
A single mum to 20 kids on Benifits
A amateur player of a random sport nobody follows.

Absolutely no Londerners, Mancunian, Essex or Scottish folk as we don't want to be bored to death with their dull personality

UserSince2005 02-08-2022 10:50 PM

More PG I’d imagine. I’ve never really watch love island but they don’t confirm if the housemates are ****ing or not right?

parmnion 03-08-2022 12:13 AM

The name...

LaLaLand 03-08-2022 01:34 AM

I imagine they're really going to go after the OG type housemates going by the reaction and what I've seen the past few days - which would set them apart from C5 anyway seeing as the vast majority of those housemates were influencers/models/"Z list" in one way or another looking back, scouted through talent agencies and what not.

LaLaLand 03-08-2022 01:39 AM

I def wanna see the chickens, self-sufficiency elements and mangle back like.

BBDodge 03-08-2022 08:38 AM

The chickens and vegetables might outshine the housemates.

Nicky91 03-08-2022 08:41 AM

ukrainian refugee on the line up who will likely end up winning with millions of sympathy votes

:bored:

BigAsher 03-08-2022 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver (Post 11197658)
Housemates should be

A Tory
A refugee
A Bin Man
A Rail Worker
60 year Old Mary who works tills on a Sunday morning at Telford
A Straight Drag Queen
An Old Gay
Burger King Worker
Drug Dealer
A single mum to 20 kids on Benifits
A amateur player of a random sport nobody follows.

Absolutely no Londerners, Mancunian, Essex or Scottish folk as we don't want to be bored to death with their dull personality

You can't really say no this, no that as that doesn't appeal to the thing we all want (housemates from all walks of life.) If we don't want them, we can vote them out then.

UserSince2005 03-08-2022 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 11197771)
ukrainian refugee on the line up who will likely end up winning with millions of sympathy votes

:bored:

Yes please. Bring in the hot Ukrainian girls willing to **** on tv

LeatherTrumpet 03-08-2022 11:49 AM

no one under 30

Liam- 03-08-2022 01:18 PM

It’s only a small production thing, but it’s annoyed me ever since they started doing it, they need to stop playing music when people are evicted, I want to hear the boos

Nicky91 03-08-2022 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 11197869)
no one under 30

need to be people from all sorts of ages though

couple in 20's

few in 30's

1 or 2 in 40's

few in 50's

and a few eldest of series in early or mid 60's (and i would love if these house eldest would get a very major role at launch show, in terms of making teams and yes i would go for teams, regarding immunity challenges, prize pot challenges - team who does best there getting a chance for a extra luxury item) and teams would also add to the overall excitement factor of the series how fun it is to watch each daily highlights episode

chris.g 03-08-2022 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liam- (Post 11197913)
It’s only a small production thing, but it’s annoyed me ever since they started doing it, they need to stop playing music when people are evicted, I want to hear the boos

Agreed!

GoldHeart 03-08-2022 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liam- (Post 11197913)

And the presenter always use to whisper in their ear "don't worry it's all panto " :rolleyes: . When we all know some housemates were just hated .

BigSister 03-08-2022 07:00 PM

I just want a good mixture of housemates not just instragram influncers.
being on for just 6 weeks will help.
bb7 was a good cast so thats good if an ex producer of bb7 is involved
Also no messing around with the nominations 2 with most up and thats it