ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   First time on a plane since the Pandemic started (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=382536)

Niamh. 23-09-2022 08:59 AM

First time on a plane since the Pandemic started

I'll be heading to Liverpool via Manchester airport next month to celebrate a friends Birthday for the weekend. First time flying since we went to Italy summer 2019. I think maybe it's the longest stretch without flying anywhere I've had in my adult life. Anyone else not flown since the Pandemic? Any plans to in the future, if so to where?

LeatherTrumpet 23-09-2022 09:00 AM

I think the last time I was on a plane was 2006

Niamh. 23-09-2022 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 11213194)
I think the last time I was on a plane was 2006

Really? You don't like to travel then LT? You're missing out

Cherie 23-09-2022 09:03 AM

Oh gosh Neem welcome back :laugh: I have just come back from Spain 10th flight this year, making up for lost time

LeatherTrumpet 23-09-2022 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 11213196)
Really? You don't like to travel then LT? You're missing out

I have travelled enough in my life and if i want to see places I use google maps street view. THis morning I had a good tour around Cape Breton Island as it is about to take a direct hit from Hurricane Fiona so i was having a look at its structures and coast.

MIddle girl LT has sent me a few vids of Aiya Nappa today too where she is at mo. :spin:

Nicky91 23-09-2022 09:07 AM

last time i was on a plane was 2007 i think :laugh:

best cabin crew are from KLM here, and KLM best quality plane here

Transavia was crap, sooooo small (but thankfully that one was short flight to corfu, greece)

worst cabin crew ever was from Northwest airlines, bunch of grumpy, arrogant unsympathetic staff there

the flight attendants from KLM are so nice :love: we even gave some tabloid magazines to them after landing and before getting out of the plane to the terminal :love:

Niamh. 23-09-2022 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 11213203)
Oh gosh Neem welcome back :laugh: I have just come back from Spain 10th flight this year, making up for lost time

Oh proper jet setter Cherie

Yeah, I'm feeling a bit weird about it tbh, excited though :hee:

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 11213206)
I have travelled enough in my life and if i want to see places I use google maps street view. THis morning I had a good tour around Cape Breton Island as it is about to take a direct hit from Hurricane Fiona so i was having a look at its structures and coast.

MIddle girl LT has sent me a few vids of Aiya Nappa today too where she is at mo. :spin:

:laugh2:

Cherie 23-09-2022 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 11213211)
Oh proper jet setter Cherie

Yeah, I'm feeling a bit weird about it tbh, excited though :hee:

:laugh2:

tbh once you get to the airport you will slot back in like you have never been away :laugh:

thesheriff443 23-09-2022 09:44 AM

I’ve not been on a plane since 2014

Niamh. 23-09-2022 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 11213221)
tbh once you get to the airport you will slot back in like you have never been away :laugh:

Yes I'm looking forward to it actually :love:

LeatherTrumpet 23-09-2022 10:04 AM

you wont get me up in no iron bird

deathtraps

https://c.tenor.com/aqdBPPeNcBsAAAAM...sons-angry.gif

bitontheslide 23-09-2022 11:19 AM

i haven't been on a plane in about 5 years. At one point i was plane commuting for a year, and after that i was regularly flying 13 hour trips, my last flight was to LA I think, so i've pretty much had enough of it at least for now :laugh:

Vanessa 23-09-2022 04:31 PM

I went to Italy in August for one month. Amazing holiday.

Zizu 23-09-2022 04:40 PM

We are spending Christmas and the New Year in Florida - just hope the customs and all the bag handlers are all back to normal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

_Seth 24-09-2022 08:05 AM

Last time I flew was to Rome in 2017. I have a trip booked for Madeira for this December where I'm staying with a friend, but it'll be the first time flying in my own and I'm low key bricking the flight process. I just have this irrational anxiety something will go wrong when it comes to trains being in time to get to Gatwick, them weighing my luggage, checking in or going through security...

Zizu 24-09-2022 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zizu (Post 11213302)
We are spending Christmas and the New Year in Florida - just hope the customs and all the bag handlers are all back to normal

…. and Covid19 isn’t running amok again

Zizu 24-09-2022 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Seth (Post 11213381)
Last time I flew was to Rome in 2017. I have a trip booked for Madeira for this December where I'm staying with a friend, but it'll be the first time flying in my own and I'm low key bricking the flight process. I just have this irrational anxiety something will go wrong when it comes to trains being in time to get to Gatwick, them weighing my luggage, checking in or going through security...

Yeah .. ..have periods of thinking just like that !!

Thankfully I’m in a very good place at the moment and I currently not worrying about anything