ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   John Cleese to start a show on GBnewsHD (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=382746)

arista 10-10-2022 10:01 AM

John Cleese to start a show on GBnewsHD

[John Cleese is set to get a show on GB News,
alongside Andrew Doyle.
On the Today Programme he claimed he
“didn’t know” who GB News were before
being approached.
This comes despite the fact the
arch-Remainer had previously referred to it
as the “late unlamented GB News”
and dubbed them “KGB News”,
referring to their funding.
To be fair to John,
he’s not as young as he used to be.

John is an opponent of wokeism and
says the move was made possible by
their pro-free speech platform.

When he was asked about joining
the BBC, he replied “not on your nelly”,
predicting he would be cancelled within five minutes.]

Great News
Wise Comedy Legend.

https://order-order.com/2022/10/10/j...oins-kgb-news/

This will be a Show
ideal for Slim to Watch

Gusto Brunt 10-10-2022 10:10 AM

Just looked up his age.

He's 83 in a couple of weeks.

arista 10-10-2022 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gusto Brunt (Post 11217474)
Just looked up his age.

He's 83 in a couple of weeks.

More Knowledge than our Slim.

Gusto Brunt 10-10-2022 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 11217475)

I think I'd be well retired by 83. If I were alive of course.:laugh:

You got to hand it to the old guard.

They think 'retirement' is a rude word.:laugh:

Oliver_W 10-10-2022 10:16 AM

Could be cool.

Most of his views are fairly milquetoast, standard Liberal Remainer. I don't know where people get the idea he's a right-winger from? Being against censorship and "cancel culture" should be the norm tbh, and none of his views are cancellable.

But, I guess because he wrote a character (who in the show was meant to be a relic) using slurs about forty years ago and gets annoyed when that part is (sometimes) left out of reruns, he must be the devil.

Oliver_W 10-10-2022 10:17 AM

Quote:

He's lived about 4 decades longer, he's more knowledgeable than all of us, probably combined!

The Slim Reaper 10-10-2022 10:48 AM

Quote:

He's become everything that young John Cleese used to mock and make surrealist sketches about.

bitontheslide 10-10-2022 10:53 AM

i met Cleese once and he is one of the most unpleasant people i have ever met :laugh:

arista 10-10-2022 12:18 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fes60tlW...g&name=900x900

The Slim Reaper 10-10-2022 12:25 PM

Is that the same channel that suspended/fired a dude for taking the knee. That's a hell of a free speech channel.

Swan 10-10-2022 12:30 PM

Is this the channel Piers Morgan is on? I tried to watch that interview with him and this Andrew Tate on youtube yesterday, it was impossible because Piers just kept interrupting.

I never knew who this Andrew Tate guy was, i just remembered him as the bloke who got thrown out of BB years ago, which i'd long since forgotten. Ever since he got banned from these social media platforms he's all over youtube. He just struck me as someone who tries way too hard to be alpha. From what i see of the interview i found it all quite uninteresting.

The Slim Reaper 10-10-2022 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 11217507)
Is this the channel Piers Morgan is on? I tried to watch that interview with him and this Andrew Tate on youtube yesterday, it was impossible because Piers just kept interrupting.

I never knew who this Andrew Tate guy was, i just remembered him as the bloke who got thrown out of BB years ago, which i'd long since forgotten. Ever since he got banned from these social media platforms he's all over youtube. He just struck me as someone who tries way too hard to be alpha. From what i see of the interview i found it all quite uninteresting.

That's talk tv, I think.

Gusto Brunt 10-10-2022 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 11217484)
i met Cleese once and he is one of the most unpleasant people i have ever met :laugh:

I've seen him interviewed a few times and he's a bit embarrassing because you don't know if he's going to be rude, funny or plain embarrassingly out of touch with reality which I've seen come over as sometimes.

Swan 10-10-2022 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 11217508)
That's talk tv, I think.

Ah fair enough, is that an actual channel on TV, or online? I don't watch any of these rolling news channels anymore. Just see the odd interview on youtube, or videos that are posted on here.

Oliver_W 10-10-2022 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 11217484)

Ooo what happened?

bitontheslide 10-10-2022 12:36 PM

I thought that Andrew Tate interview was very odd. The guy seems to me like a cartoon character. He puts on this really aggressive voice that is completely unnatural and then says **** to be controversial and people lap it up

arista 10-10-2022 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 11217505)
Is that the same channel that suspended/fired a dude for taking the knee. That's a hell of a free speech channel.

He was no good
he went onto work in Downing Street
and failed to help Johnson.

Oliver_W 10-10-2022 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gusto Brunt (Post 11217509)
I've seen him interviewed a few times and he's a bit embarrassing because you don't know if he's going to be rude, funny or plain embarrassingly out of touch with reality which I've seen come over as sometimes.

His best interview, where he was funny and personable, was with Allan Carr. They had a mini food fight :laugh:

arista 10-10-2022 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 11217513)
Ooo what happened?

Could have had a bad Day

His Ex-Wives Took all his money

Swan 10-10-2022 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 11217514)
I thought that Andrew Tate interview was very odd. The guy seems to me like a cartoon character. He puts on this really aggressive voice that is completely unnatural and then says **** to be controversial and people lap it up

He seems to be the hot topic on youtube and all these interview kind of shows/podcasts atm.

I watched maybe 25 mins of that interview with him and Piers. Piers was interrupting every 6 seconds, he was trying to catch Tate out. However, you're right, Tate doesn't really come across as interesting at all either. My slight fascination with it all has been satisfied now.

I have to admit i do find Jordan Peterson much more interesting. He's like a 50/50. He makes perfect sense at times, and what he says is logical and helpful. Other times i zone out, i admire his passion, i don't think he's a bad person, but it's that passion and emotion that lets him down at times.

Oliver_W 10-10-2022 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 11217517)
Could have had a bad Day

His Ex-Wives Took all his money

One of his ex wives was stealing about a million a year at one point! I think that ended fairly recently, but it's ridiculous that a spouse (with whom he didn't have kids) can just take his money because their relationship fell apart...

bitontheslide 10-10-2022 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 11217513)
Ooo what happened?

funnily enough, we were in the same hotel in torquey :laugh: and he was just sour with everyone including the staff

Oliver_W 10-10-2022 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 11217530)
funnily enough, we were in the same hotel in torquey :laugh: and he was just sour with everyone including the staff

Oh nice! Was it Gleneagles? Aka the hotel Fawlty Towers was based on?

bitontheslide 10-10-2022 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 11217534)
Oh nice! Was it Gleneagles? Aka the hotel Fawlty Towers was based on?

no, it was a large hotel

The Slim Reaper 10-10-2022 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 11217515)
He was no good
he went onto work in Downing Street
and failed to help Johnson.

They cancelled him because they didn't agree with how he used his free speech.

Why aren't you honest about it not being a free speech issue at all, but it's only the speech that you agree with, is the only version you see as legitimate. No one calls for more people to shut up or be cancelled than you do.

You disagreed with Penny the other day, so called for her to be sacked.