ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chat and Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   I will Never Understand Men (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=382756)

GoldHeart 11-10-2022 03:51 PM

I will Never Understand Men

I know both men & women do this.
But I will never understand why a bloke will be talking to you every day, and then out the blue disappear. Weirdly he's still around but isn't speaking :suspect::conf: .

It's going on for 4 days now with nothing ,I know he had personal stuff to sort out or so he reckoned. But if that's the case why was he still around & online?? , makes no sense.

Niamh. 11-10-2022 03:58 PM

Someone you were seeing?

Cherie 11-10-2022 04:00 PM

People can be more than strange, but ghosting is probably one of the worst things that can happen to someone

Swan 11-10-2022 04:01 PM

If it was someone you're seeing, it's likely to be 3 reasons.

1.He's not interested anymore and either doesn;t have the balls to tell you, or he doesn't wanna hurt you.

2.He might want to see how much you like him, and hoping you chase him (men do this a lot, it's silly)

3.He might just generally be down and want his space.

Mystic Mock 11-10-2022 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 11217776)
People can be more than strange, but ghosting is probably one of the worst things that can happen to someone

I always remember that Youtuber that ghosted her dying fan, absolutely awful that was.

With the particular situation that GoldHeart is in, does he suffer with bad mental health?

GoldHeart 11-10-2022 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 11217775)
Someone you were seeing?

Sort of ..but not really ,it was more a friends having drinks type thing. But we seemed to get on . He use to contact me everyday.

He did say last week he was busy with stuff & personal issues,but if that's the case ... then why still go online. I'm not entirely convinced.

Cherie 11-10-2022 04:11 PM

Can you contact him online GH? If so I would just drop him a message asking him if he has sorted himself out and if he is up a meet...at least you will know where you stand then if the doesn't respond

Niamh. 11-10-2022 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 11217785)
Sort of ..but not really ,it was more a friends having drinks type thing. But we seemed to get on . He use to contact me everyday.

He did say last week he was busy with stuff & personal issues,but if that's the case ... then why still go online. I'm not entirely convinced.

I don't miss that dating scene/trying to figure that stuff out! Usually your intuition will be right though in these situations

GoldHeart 11-10-2022 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 11217777)

1.He's not interested anymore and either doesn;t have the balls to tell you, or he doesn't wanna hurt you.

2.He might want to see how much you like him, and hoping you chase him (men do this a lot, it's silly)

If it's number 2 . Then he can forget it , I was tempted ..but I'm not making a fool of myself .

I hope it's 3. But he's still going online, and of he was genuinely going through stuff & busy , surely he wouldn't have time to go online. Or maybe I'm being too harsh ..but I have a feeling he's got bored & is talking to other people instead :rolleyes: .

If he has time to go online ..then it takes 2 minutes to send me a quick message explaining :shrug: ... surely.

I don't really want to put too much personal stuff on here ,but I think he's influenced by relatives around him. But I told him at the time that he's an adult who can make his own choices surely :shrug:.

The Slim Reaper 11-10-2022 04:14 PM

Arista does that to everyone at some point, GH. He's too much of a player to be tied down, unfortunately.

hijaxers 11-10-2022 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 11217777)

Or
4. He's met someone else.

GoldHeart 11-10-2022 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 11217789)
Arista does that to everyone at some point, GH. He's too much of a player to be tied down, unfortunately.

LOL

GoldHeart 11-10-2022 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 11217782)
I always remember that Youtuber that ghosted her dying fan, absolutely awful that was.

With the particular situation that GoldHeart is in, does he suffer with bad mental health?

Re: mental health ..I really don't want to speculate tbh , he sort of joked about the spectrum. But I think that's to be taken with a grain of salt.

parmnion 11-10-2022 04:20 PM

How do you know hes been online?

Niamh. 11-10-2022 04:21 PM

The bottom line is, if he is interested, he will contact you, I wouldn't chase him

Mystic Mock 11-10-2022 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 11217794)
Re: mental health ..I really don't want to speculate tbh , he sort of joked about the spectrum. But I think that's to be taken with a grain of salt.

Hopefully you're correct.

GoldHeart 11-10-2022 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hijaxers (Post 11217791)
Or
4. He's met someone else.

This is what I think , or he's enjoying talking to other people. But if that's the case why not just tell me.

We actually we're supposed to meet up again,he cancelled originally due to his personal stuff & busy stuff.

But He seemed happy to reschedule ... strangely today probably would have been the day we met up again. But he hasn't been in contact for 4 days.

GoldHeart 11-10-2022 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 11217795)
How do you know hes been online?

Because he still uses a dating site,and I think he still checks his .com email inbox,he also easily gives out his mobile number aswell.

Cherie 11-10-2022 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 11217799)
This is what I think , or he's enjoying talking to other people. But if that's the case why not just tell me.

We actually we're supposed to meet up again,he cancelled originally due to his personal stuff & busy stuff.

But He seemed happy to reschedule ... strangely today probably would have been the day we met up again. But he hasn't been in contact for 4 days.

oh, so you were supposed to meet, he cancelled and then went off grid, I would say delete his profile in that case

GoldHeart 11-10-2022 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 11217786)
Can you contact him online GH? If so I would just drop him a message asking him if he has sorted himself out and if he is up a meet...at least you will know where you stand then if the doesn't respond

I have several ways to contact him Cherie, but I really don't want to be that girl who runs after a guy saying "ohh where are you" ," what happened " etc :rolleyes: .

I know I keep ranting, but it just feels hypocritical of him as he himself told me.... he got ghosted by a girl he was going to meet before me :facepalm: .

hijaxers 11-10-2022 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 11217799)

He honestly seems like a waste of time ~ probably done this to others sadly.

GoldHeart 11-10-2022 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hijaxers (Post 11217807)
He honestly seems like a waste of time ~ probably done this to others sadly.

I know this sounds a bit like pot kettle black as I'm sharing on here ,but from what he told me after our first meet up ... He basically over shared at home about stuff . And he was told not to meet me again, he made out he wasn't paying attention to that...but I don't know.

I think he gets swayed easily , he told me he thought I was pretty & a nice person ..but he knew we had different interests, I agreed with him but I told him he's an adult who can make his own decisions,and we got on as friends. But what's weird is he still kept contacting me, until 4 days ago.

LeatherTrumpet 11-10-2022 04:53 PM

They have got a better offer

Cherie 11-10-2022 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 11217809)
I know this sounds a bit like pot kettle black as I'm sharing on here ,but from what he told me after our first meet up ... He basically over shared at home about stuff . And he was told not to meet me again, he made out he wasn't paying attention to that...but I don't know.

I think he gets swayed easily , he told me he thought I was pretty & a nice person ..but he knew we had different interests, I agreed with him but I told him he's an adult who can make his own decisions,and we got on as friends. But what's weird is he still kept contacting me, until 4 days ago.

Was it cultural? The family telling him not to see you again

Tbh if he is overly influenced by his family it is probably for the best

GoldHeart 11-10-2022 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 11217825)
Was it cultural? The family telling him not to see you again

No , but his mother is critical. I think she's got high unrealistic expectations for him re: the perfect woman. He told me she acts like Hyacinth Bucket.