ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   TV Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The Last of Us HBO series to debut January 15, 2023 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=383010)

Nicky91 03-11-2022 08:24 AM

The Last of Us HBO series to debut January 15, 2023

https://hbowatch.com/the-last-of-us-...nuary-15-2023/

starring Pedro Pascal as Joel, Bella Ramsay as Ellie

also starring Gabriel Luna as Tommy, Anna Torv as Tess, Merle Dandridge as Marlene

Nick Offerman as Bill

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_of_Us_(TV_series)

very much looking forward to this

Mystic Mock 11-11-2022 02:12 AM

Hopefully it's better than a certain other HBO Show that I've watched recently.

Zizu 11-11-2022 07:20 AM

The Last of Us HBO series to debut January 15, 2023

Great … yet another ‘feel good‘ series … NOT !!

Great timing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nicky91 11-11-2022 07:24 AM

i got high expectations for this, mainly because i know the game through and through

and something already teased

Spoiler:

they are having couple of changes from the game, no Pittsburgh but some other city Kansas City with Henry & Sam

and also a original character named Perry whom is played by the one who is the voice of Tommy in the game, Jeffrey Pierce, same goes for Florence & Marlon a married couple, also original characters, as well as Kathleen another original character, leader of revolutionary movement in Kansas City

a bigger role for the character Maria apparently than in the game

Mystic Mock 11-11-2022 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zizu (Post 11227507)
Great … yet another ‘feel good‘ series … NOT !!

Great timing

Feel good series was so 2015.

But seriously I agree with you, most TV Shows nowadays are so glum, especially if they're American made.

arista 15-01-2023 01:55 AM

New : SkyAtlanticHD : The Last Of Us, Monday 9PM

Lost in Darkness,
After a Pandemic destroys civilization,
a survivor takes charge of a 14 year old girl
who may be humanity's last hope.

First Showing 2AM
Monday early

Then 9PM

90mins first episode

Episode 1 of 9

https://wp.inews.co.uk/wp-content/up...size=640%2C360

Mystic Mock 15-01-2023 03:50 AM

I wonder how much they'll butcher the Video Game.

It is Hollywood after all.

arista 16-01-2023 04:16 PM

Before the Credits start
that go to TV studio in USA
back in 1968.

Episode 1

10 Outta 10 Thriller

I recorded the 2AM broadcast

Nicky91 17-01-2023 07:10 AM

episode 1

OMG this is amazing :clap1: :clap1: :clap1: :clap1:

Spoiler:

some scenes perfect similarities to the video game, quite a lot of new scene content too, Pedro as for ep1 is a perfect casting for Joel, Gabriel so far what i've seen from him as Tommy, also a very good casting, he played his first scenes perfectly well

the Tess actress looks older than in the video game but somehow i don't quite dislike that, she and Joel fit better together here in this series than they already did in the video game

also nice we have extra dialogue for some of the FEDRA soldiers in Boston QZ compared to the game

cannot wait for next weeks episode 2 :D

Nicky91 17-01-2023 07:17 AM

9.6 rating on imdb, for this first episode

whew the flavour :flutter: house of the dragon could nevah

LeatherTrumpet 17-01-2023 08:03 AM

IMBD 9.5 :shocked:

Nicky91 17-01-2023 08:14 AM

97% on rotten tomatoes :)

arista 23-01-2023 02:23 AM

Episode 2

2AM Showing

10 Outta 10

Before the Credits Start
we are far away in another nation
in 2003

Soldier Boy 23-01-2023 10:16 AM

I wonder if they're going to diverge from the plotline of TLOU2? Fans will lose their **** if it goers the same way :laugh:. Although, there's a fairly large time jump (5+ years I think) between the two games, so in theory they could have several seasons of "their own thing" between the end of TLOU1 and beginning of TLOU2 and still eventually "go there".

For those who already know the plot of TLOU2 or don't care about potential major spoilers:
Spoiler:

Joel gets his brains bashed in by the daughter of someone he killed in the first game, within the first hour or so of the 2nd game :joker: ... can you imagine the reaction of new TV show fans who haven't played the games? Daddy Joel! It would be like the Negan/Glenn scene all over again.

A lot of people hate on the game purely because of that. And because ...half way through the game they switch perspectives and you spend a huge chunk of time playing as his killer (Abby). I personally think she's a great character and the plotline is a good commentary on there being no real "good guys or bad guys" only different perspectives, and on the ultimate futility of cycles of revenge, but boy oh boy did some people hate the fact that Joel died (and Abby for killing him... and the voice actress who played Abby because people are stupid and misogynistic).

If a muscular lady in her early 20's shows up with a golf club in the HBO ... :laugh: ...there's going to be fireworks.

In fact... thinking about it... the "basement scene" is far MORE brutal than the infamous Negan baseball bat scene.

Niamh. 24-01-2023 09:04 AM

I don't know the plot really but I know certain things because my son played it and liked to talk about it :laugh:

I know in the game Eddie Vedders song Future Days featured, Luke learned to play it on the guitar and all but he's said it won't be in the TV Show because they changed the time line in the show to 2003 instead of 2013 like the game so the song wouldn't have been released yet which is a bit disappointing

Anyway, I'm enjoying the show so far, the 2nd episode was really good, the fungus Zombies are gruesome

Cherie 24-01-2023 09:45 AM

Its too similar to the Walking Dead for my liking will stick with another ep though

Niamh. 24-01-2023 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 11253765)
Its too similar to the Walking Dead for my liking will stick with another ep though

Do you think it's similar? I don't really other than that it's about Zombies. Even the Zombies though are a lot different to the walking dead Zombies with the fungus element (which adds an extra layer of grossness plus the way they can call each other under the ground etc) The civilization is pretty different too plus the fact that Ellie is immune

arista 24-01-2023 10:17 AM

I do not.

It is as future Virus
Tracked way back

Not the Walking Dead

Also a Young Girl
that has the secret to survive

Niamh. 24-01-2023 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 11253768)
I do not.

It is as future Virus
Tracked way back

Not the Walking Dead

Also a Young Girl
that has the secret to survive

Yeah agree, I think it's a really fresh spin on a genre that can get very samey actually

Cherie 24-01-2023 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 11253767)
Do you think it's similar? I don't really other than that it's about Zombies. Even the Zombies though are a lot different to the walking dead Zombies with the fungus element (which adds an extra layer of grossness plus the way they can call each other under the ground etc) The civilization is pretty different too plus the fact that Ellie is immune

Yeah I suppose the storyline is different but the filler is the same, bitten by horrendous looking things and fighting them off :laugh:

Niamh. 24-01-2023 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 11253776)
Yeah I suppose the storyline is different but the filler is the same, bitten by horrendous looking things and fighting them off :laugh:

Well yeah but it is a Zombie show, that's like saying all Vampire shows/films are the same because the Vampires suck blood in all of them :smug:

Zizu 24-01-2023 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 11253779)
Well yeah but it is a Zombie show, that's like saying all Vampire shows/films are the same because the Vampires suck blood in all of them :smug:

True Blood was a fabulous series and I enjoyed the Twilight saga .. lost interest in the Vampire Diaries though

Niamh. 24-01-2023 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zizu (Post 11253809)
True Blood was a fabulous series and I enjoyed the Twilight saga .. lost interest in the Vampire Diaries though

True Blood was excellent alright, my favourite of the Vampire TV shows. I lost interest in Vampire Diaries after a few seasons as well. The Twilight Saga got more awful with each installment I thought

Zizu 24-01-2023 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 11253810)
True Blood was excellent alright, my favourite of the Vampire TV shows. I lost interest in Vampire Diaries after a few seasons as well. The Twilight Saga got more awful with each installment I thought

I loved the first Twilight then last summer I watched the whole saga over 5 nights and just got carried along

Nicky91 24-01-2023 04:22 PM

nothing similar to the walking dead at all

also these clickers are way creepier than walkers :worry:

i struggled big time with those in the game, they are blind but their hearing is extra extra good

and then you also have bigger ones
Spoiler:

Bloaters, which spit fungus spores from its mouth :yuk:

also the cycle of the infected begins with a simple ''runner'' then ''clicker'' and those who get really old ''bloater''

Pedro is a great choice for Joel, wow :clap1: