ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Twitter on the verge of collapse? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=383171)

Denver 18-11-2022 08:49 AM

Twitter on the verge of collapse?

It's been said that thousands of staff have either quit or been sacked with more expected to quit, the workforce is now below 1000 a lot less then what it was.

It looks like Musk either doesn't have a clue or he waisted money to destroy it

Cherie 18-11-2022 08:51 AM

Cause for celebration indeed :dance:

Zizu 18-11-2022 09:04 AM

I thought it was bursting with overpaid , unproductive staff so he’s simply been culling to get the app to be profitable again !?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LeatherTrumpet 18-11-2022 09:08 AM

Elon Musk has locked Twitter staff out of offices until next week as hundreds of employees reportedly resigned after being given an ultimatum by the billionaire.

The closure until Monday was revealed in an email to staff and no reason was given.

Hundreds of employees have quit the company after Mr Musk told staff they "need to be extremely hardcore" or leave the company, according to The Verge.

The social network’s self-styled "Chief Twit" had already laid off half of the company's workforce after taking over, before having to ask some of them to return in order to build the platform he envisaged.

Mr Musk softened his earlier edict against working remotely, writing in an email on Thursday: "All that is required for approval is that your manager takes responsibility for ensuring that you are making an excellent contribution."

The email to staff announcing the closure said: "Hi, Effective immediately, we are temporarily closing our office buildings and all badge access will be suspended. Offices will reopen on Monday, November 21st.

"Thank you for your flexibility. Please continue to comply with company policy by refraining from discussing confidential company information on social media, with the press or elsewhere.

"We look forward to working with you on Twitter’s exciting future."

Sophie Lund-Yates, lead equity analyst at Hargreaves Lansdown, said the office shutdown "suggests further lay offs are coming".

She added: "For those members of staff that did vote with their feet on the new demands, it proves as a stark reminder to employers of how society has changed.

"Flexibility and working from home are now must, not nice, to-haves."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...hundreds-quit/

MTVN 18-11-2022 09:23 AM

He will sort it out even if he needs to rebuild it again from the bottom up. Twitter still has an important niche in the market that it won't just disappear

bitontheslide 18-11-2022 09:26 AM

it's what happens when arrogant narcissist gets control of something. 3 weeks to destroy a company is pretty good going :laugh:

As an added bonus, i believe he is no longer the worlds richest person and he could easily lose tesla and space x on the back of this ... Well done Elon :laugh:

Gusto Brunt 18-11-2022 10:52 AM

Maybe Musk bought it so Twitter is killed off.

Gawd knows what is going through his mind.

But everything he's done with it thus far as been destructive.

Oliver_W 18-11-2022 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gusto Brunt (Post 11230272)
Maybe Musk bought it so Twitter is killed off.

Gawd knows what is going through his mind.

He wants his recently born son to grow up in a better world?

Just let Twitter die, and then do the same to TikTok :dance: brain rotting garbage.

Gusto Brunt 18-11-2022 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 11230274)

Just let Twitter die, and then do the same to TikTok :dance: brain rotting garbage.

You could be right.

GoldHeart 18-11-2022 01:19 PM

Quote:

It really is no great loss ,but maybe that's because I hate those 2 platforms and never use them .

James 18-11-2022 01:26 PM

Maybe I should shamelessly plug this forum a bit on the TiBB Twitter account - https://twitter.com/TiBBbigbrother

:shrug:

Zizu 18-11-2022 01:40 PM

Twitter on the verge of collapse?

Quote:

TikTok is customisable …

You can have it so you never see another dance clip and just see whatever topic or subject you are interested in

You appear to have an interest in politics, current affairs and maybe superhero movies

You could just see clips related to same

MTVN 18-11-2022 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zizu (Post 11230317)
TikTok is customisable …

You can have it so you never see another dance clip and just see whatever topic or subject you are interested in

You appear to have an interest in politics, current affairs and maybe superhero movies

You could just see clips related to same

Scares me a little though how well the algorithm knows me

LeatherTrumpet 18-11-2022 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTVN (Post 11230336)
Scares me a little though how well the algorithm knows me

Soldier Boy 18-11-2022 03:56 PM

Quote:

Not me buying TiBB, firing James and Niamh and watching it eat itself from within like a parasite-riddled caterpillar...

MTVN 18-11-2022 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 11230343)

:joker:

I think it's because I hit the gym so much

Soldier Boy 18-11-2022 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTVN (Post 11230348)
:joker:

I think it's because I hit the gym so much

On the bench press for 10 hours a day desperately hoping that a lady in sportswear will "accidentally" sit on your face?

MTVN 18-11-2022 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soldier Boy (Post 11230351)
On the bench press for 10 hours a day desperately hoping that a lady in sportswear will "accidentally" sit on your face?

That's totally unrealistic :oh: I can only manage ten minutes on the bench press

MTVN 18-11-2022 04:16 PM

The Slim Reaper 18-11-2022 04:19 PM

I think it's important to remember that twitter was born, lived it's life, then died, without any Everton fan ever celebrating winning a trophy on there :smug:

LeatherTrumpet 18-11-2022 04:20 PM

I swear I looked at one CrossFit lady doing squats and now my feed is like Muscle Beach during ladies week

:worry:

UserSince2005 18-11-2022 04:20 PM

Only trump can save twitter now.

LeatherTrumpet 18-11-2022 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 11230363)
I think it's important to remember that twitter was born, lived it's life, then died, without any Everton fan ever celebrating winning a trophy on there :smug:

I think you could fit the pliocene epoch in there as well

Cherie 18-11-2022 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soldier Boy (Post 11230347)
Not me buying TiBB, firing James and Niamh and watching it eat itself from within like a parasite-riddled caterpillar...

who are you and what have you done with Toy Soldier

bitontheslide 18-11-2022 06:46 PM

Twitter today is awash with people saying goodbye.

The hashtag "RIPTwitter" is trending and lots of the site's users are scrambling to download their data.

They're also sharing alternative places to find them (consumer champion Martin Lewis, who has two million Twitter followers, has set himself up on Mastodon, although he admits he doesn't know how to use it yet).

Twitter's new boss Elon Musk, never one to ignore a trend, tweeted a meme of a gravestone with the Twitter logo on it.

taff have been leaving in their droves - half the workforce was laid off by Mr Musk one week after he completed his purchase of the platform, and many more are choosing to leave since he sent an email demanding "hardcore" working conditions and long hours from his remaining employees.

Quite a few of those departing, according to their Twitter bios, are engineers, developers and coders - the people who work on the guts of what makes Twitter function.