ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   TV Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   When an actor doesn't want to return for the next series or film... (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=383286)

_Seth 30-11-2022 08:48 AM

When an actor doesn't want to return for the next series or film...

Because I really dislike it when a potentially important character is actively written out instead of just recasting the actor for the same role.

Zizu 30-11-2022 09:10 AM

Game of Thrones cast a new guy for the same part when that happened !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Prohttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...2c72dd6090.jpg

Mystic Mock 01-12-2022 01:09 AM

It depends on how important the character is to the Show.

Because imo I don't mind recasting for more minor characters, but would be bothered by a major character being recast.

GoldHeart 01-12-2022 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 11235118)

Because imo I don't mind recasting for more minor characters, but would be bothered by a major character being recast.

What i find funny is when they recast with someone who looks nothing like the original actor :joker: .

Zizu 01-12-2022 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 11235119)
What i find funny is when they recast with someone who looks nothing like the original actor :joker: .

As in the example I posted above

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LeatherTrumpet 01-12-2022 12:30 PM

I mean if they said that AfterLife 4 was being made but it wasnt with Ricky Gervias but Lenny Henry Id be like

er no

Mystic Mock 01-12-2022 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 11235119)

That does make me laugh as well.:joker:

Zizu's example on GOT being an obvious one.

Soldier Boy 06-12-2022 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 11235118)

Agree with that - a minor character, whatever... like I don't care that they replaced The Mountain like 3 times in Game of Thrones. Major characters no, unless there's an in-universe explanation e.g. it's largely fine in a high fantasy or sci-fi series where they can explain it as magic or some sort of body swap.

I'm also OK with it when it's young characters and there's a large time jump e.g. House of the Dragon, or if they did a new Walking Dead set another 10 years forward and there was a new Judith, etc.

Soldier Boy 06-12-2022 02:35 PM

Another exception I'd make is if it's VERY early (like a couple of episodes in) on a new series and it's an important, but not main, character. Most likely if the show lasts several years it'll be that first couple of episodes that stand out as "wrong".

Mystic Mock 06-12-2022 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soldier Boy (Post 11237414)
Agree with that - a minor character, whatever... like I don't care that they replaced The Mountain like 3 times in Game of Thrones. Major characters no, unless there's an in-universe explanation e.g. it's largely fine in a high fantasy or sci-fi series where they can explain it as magic or some sort of body swap.

I'm also OK with it when it's young characters and there's a large time jump e.g. House of the Dragon, or if they did a new Walking Dead set another 10 years forward and there was a new Judith, etc.

I agree with you 100%

Zizu 06-12-2022 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soldier Boy (Post 11237414)

My gripe with House of Dragon was the older replacement actress wasn’t anywhere near as watchable as the younger one

She was brilliant in the series Uptight as well

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...6b5ad12344.png

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...d5bbdbd1f3.png

Soldier Boy 07-12-2022 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zizu (Post 11237583)
My gripe with House of Dragon was the older replacement actress wasn’t anywhere near as watchable as the younger one

I agree-ISH but it actually fits the story and character well IMO. The whole point is that the younger Rhaenyra was bright/enthusiastic/full of mischief and wonder (very watchable) but in the 10 year time jump to the older actors, she's become worn-down and jaded by her life and responsibilities (and sham marriage). Emma works well as a version of Milly who has "lost her spark", and I think will come into her own in S2 (the actual Dance of Dragons).

bitontheslide 07-12-2022 10:49 AM

i'm still fuming that tom baker was replaced as the doctor

Zizu 07-12-2022 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 11237785)
i'm still fuming that tom baker was replaced as the doctor

I watched the first doctor ( in black and white) but when they changed the bloke I couldn’t accept it and stop watching forever .. it’s a ‘spectrum’ thing I think

Oliver_W 07-12-2022 11:45 AM

Todd's replacement on Corrie creeps me out a bit. Nothing on him personally, but in the role it seems like he's a dodgy CGI replacement of the original actor.