ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Five Guys - Is it worth it? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=383369)

Swan 06-12-2022 06:53 PM

Five Guys - Is it worth it?

We just got one in my town, and i was wondering if it's worth the price, it's very expensive!

Anyone else on here had one? A Burger, Fries and drink would cost about £20 :shocked:

Mystic Mock 06-12-2022 06:55 PM

Harry Kane, Jude Bellingham, Bakayo Saka, Jack Grealish & Jordan Henderson?

It's up to you.

But tbh I haven't tried Five Guys, but I do hear that it's meant to be good, if not a bit expensive.

Swan 06-12-2022 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 11237555)
Harry Kane, Jude Bellingham, Bakayo Saka, Jack Grealish & Jordan Henderson?

It's up to you.

But tbh I haven't tried Five Guys, but I do hear that it's meant to be good, if not a bit expensive.

Nice one :joker:

Mystic Mock 06-12-2022 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 11237559)
Nice one :joker:

:dance:

GiRTh 06-12-2022 07:08 PM

They are better than Maccie D and Burger King but not worth the price.

If I'm paying the best part of 10 quid for a burger and chips I'd like to be in a nice pub. I dont expect to pay a tenner for burger and chips in a paper bag.

LeatherTrumpet 06-12-2022 07:11 PM

i remember Josy mentioned them but iv never seen one before

Swan 06-12-2022 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiRTh (Post 11237564)
They are better than Maccie D and Burger King but not worth the price.

If I'm paying the best part of 10 quid for a burger and chips I'd like to be in a nice pub. I dont expect to pay a tenner for burger and chips in a paper bag.

Thanks, yeah the price is really off putting!

Vanessa 06-12-2022 07:42 PM

I don't like their fries.

Dogeatdog 06-12-2022 07:47 PM

Five Guys is one of my favourites. My nearest one is Bluewater tho which is a bit of a trek so I’ll only eat there if I’m going shopping.

I do think that it is quite expensive but I do enjoy the food. I always find that they give you really large portions of fries whenever I order them (even if you ask for a regular portion) so don’t waste even more money ordering a large.

There milkshakes are really good too but again it’s just a bit pricey. I’d say try it :thumbs:

Swan 06-12-2022 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogeatdog (Post 11237585)
Five Guys is one of my favourites. My nearest one is Bluewater tho which is a bit of a trek so I’ll only eat there if I’m going shopping.

I do think that it is quite expensive but I do enjoy the food. I always find that they give you really large portions of fries whenever I order them (even if you ask for a regular portion) so don’t waste even more money ordering a large.

There milkshakes are really good too but again it’s just a bit pricey. I’d say try it :thumbs:

You've sold me on it :laugh:

Yeah im gonna get one tomorrow night. One off treat!

Vanessa 06-12-2022 08:02 PM

Their burgers are good. Haven't tried the milkshakes yet.

Dogeatdog 06-12-2022 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 11237588)
You've sold me on it :laugh:

Yeah im gonna get one tomorrow night. One off treat!

Go for it and see what you think :thumbs:

I normally get the Bacon Burger (you can add as many toppings/ sauce as you want), the Cajun Fries (much better than normal ones but get a regular portion) and a choc milkshake with cream. If you don’t fancy a milkshake get a refillable drink since they have loads of different flavours of Coca Cola/ Fanta/ Dr P etc.

Vanessa 06-12-2022 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogeatdog (Post 11237591)
Go for it and see what you think :thumbs:

I normally get the Bacon Burger (you can add as many toppings/ sauce as you want), the Cajun Fries (much better than normal ones but get a regular portion) and a choc milkshake with cream. If you don’t fancy a milkshake get a refillable drink since they have loads of different flavours of Coca Cola/ Fanta/ Dr P etc.

I need to try these fries.

GoldHeart 06-12-2022 08:10 PM

Isn't it just another McDonald's??! ,and I'm not a fan of McDonald's either .

Dogeatdog 06-12-2022 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa (Post 11237590)
Their burgers are good. Haven't tried the milkshakes yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa (Post 11237593)
I need to try these fries.

You should try both especially the milkshakes, the Choc or the Salted Caramel are my faves.

The Cajun fries are much nicer than the normal ones but the portion sizes are quite big. Sometimes I’ve ordered the little fries (which is the smallest portion) and even that was enough for me.

MTVN 06-12-2022 08:13 PM

The price tag has always put me off tbh so I've never tried it

I'm not massively into burgers generally really, I think the burger has a pretty low ceiling in terms of how good it can be and mostly there's not a huge difference between a really expensive one and your standard one

Dogeatdog 06-12-2022 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 11237595)
Isn't just another McDonald's,and I'm not a fan of McDonald's either .

You cannot put Maccies and Five Guys in the same bracket as each other. I feel like I should report this comment. :laugh:

GoldHeart 06-12-2022 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogeatdog (Post 11237598)
You cannot put Maccies and Five Guys in the same bracket as each other. I feel like I should report this comment. :laugh:

But it's literally the same fast food ,but apparently more expensive ...by sounds of it :shrug: .

Dogeatdog 06-12-2022 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 11237603)
But it's literally the same fast food ,but apparently more expensive ...by sounds of it :shrug: .

Five Guys is all fresh, McDonald’s isn’t.

Redway 06-12-2022 08:57 PM

Cajun fries are amazing (ditto for the range and quality of ’shakes they have there). That’s all I’ll say.

Vanessa 06-12-2022 09:27 PM

I'll try it next time I go to central London. There's one in Piccadilly Circus.

Swan 06-12-2022 09:52 PM

Yeah im gonna get one, i off tomorrow so will probably drive up there to get one (the reviews on Just Eat keep saying it's arriving cold).

Thinking im gonna get the Cheeseburger with lots of extras, Cajun Fries, and a Salted Caramel Shake!

bitontheslide 07-12-2022 12:47 AM

if you were talking about steak rather than a burger, people would be very happy to pay for a good steak. I've been to a speciality Ramsey steak restaurant where the steak covered an enormous range of prices and the top of the range was sublime.

As a burger can basically be a ground up steak then the same variation in prices can apply. In many cases, you do actually get what you pay for

Soldier Boy 10-12-2022 09:34 AM

Are the burgers good - yes
Are they worth the money - not really/depends.

I'd say it's worth trying especially if it's just you. The fries are massive, worth remembering that, a large is like a bucket.

Take your own drink if you don't want to pay £5 for a generic draft drink :shrug:.

Worth it to try it out and it's not that expensive for a young buck like yourself just buying one burger.

Was it worth £75 for a family of 4 when we could have gone to an actual restaurant? .... ... ..... no :joker:. As a one off for "the experience" it was fun, I wouldn't go again.

Though I did get lured into trying "Smash Burger" - possibly even more expensive, the burgers are just the exact same as Five Guys, and the "loaded fries" that were around £9 were absolute trash :oh:. Like genuinely insulting! Again took the whole fam so that was £80 down the drain. Could have had the same from McDonalds for under £20 :laugh:.

MTVN 10-12-2022 09:41 AM

What's with the smash burger craze, I've always thought to judge a good burger by how thick and juicy the meat is, now everyone wants to crush them down into frisbees