ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Big Brother 2023 - ITV2 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=741)
-   -   Live feeds possible? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=383397)

BigAsher 08-12-2022 02:45 PM

Live feeds possible?

A quite cryptic tweet from the @BBUK twitter

Vanessa 08-12-2022 02:48 PM

I hope so. I miss it.

Strictly Jake 08-12-2022 03:19 PM

Well Alice Beer was talking about itvx on this morning, I wasn't paying much attention, but I'm sure she said it will be available for live content, the love island final being an example, it makes me think live feed could be possible on this channel

Mystic Mock 08-12-2022 04:09 PM

I'm not sure tbh.

I hope that it returns, but I suspect that ITV might fight the audience like Ch5 did.

GoldHeart 08-12-2022 09:30 PM

BB will still find a way to ruin it ,I bet if any housemate gets removed....we won't get shown anything :notimpressed: .

bbuk_fans 09-12-2022 09:00 AM

I'm not too sure if there's any deeper meaning to the tweet, other than ITVX launched officially yesterday and pretty much all the ITV show accounts were tweeting ITVX.

ITVX runs a live stream of all the ITV TV Channels, like the ITV Hub did, which is what was referenced by Alice Beer on this morning.

What ITVX also does which ITV Hub didn't is run exclusive online live streams (essentially online tv channels) which will change on season, popularity of shows etc. For example, there's one for Love Island which shows episodes of Love Island all day, another for Hells kitchen etc.

So I think its safe to say ITV has the tech in place to run a live stream, but I think the big question is the legals and how much it costs to produce a 24/7 stream. ITV seem to be going all in on this and as much as I'd like to see 24/7 live stream back, I'm not sure with a 2023 tv audience that will be considerably smaller than the 2000 audience, the audience figures will be high enough to justify the cost of running it.

I think there will be some exclusive ITVX content for Big Brother, perhaps the side show

arista 09-12-2022 10:04 AM

If ITVX did Live Feed
would they not force you to join
the Premium ITVX pay each month?

Nicky91 09-12-2022 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 11238527)
BB will still find a way to ruin it ,I bet if any housemate gets removed....we won't get shown anything :notimpressed: .

Streamlocks obviously, every live feed has streamlocks

LeatherTrumpet 09-12-2022 04:16 PM

the world has moved on from livefeeds being a thing

BBDodge 09-12-2022 08:48 PM

There's always live feed being produced but for it to be broadcast someone has, within the 15 minute delay, to decide what needs muting or cutting away from. Not just rude stuff but anything relating to people outside the house who have no way of replying to anything controversial being said about them.

That would be the costs that C4 no longer felt worth the effort and which C5 never bothered with at all.

Nicky91 24-12-2022 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBDodge (Post 11238834)
There's always live feed being produced but for it to be broadcast someone has, within the 15 minute delay, to decide what needs muting or cutting away from. Not just rude stuff but anything relating to people outside the house who have no way of replying to anything controversial being said about them.

That would be the costs that C4 no longer felt worth the effort and which C5 never bothered with at all.

also any spoilers, to keep tv episodes interesting

Kargo 28-01-2023 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 11238734)
the world has moved on from livefeeds being a thing

As much as I'd love a live feed, this is sadly very true. I just can't see ITV putting in extra resources to run such a thing which lets be honest, only hardcore fans would appreciate. Love Island has been a success without one and shows like The Traitors have proven that a good edited show works well enough.

*mazedsalv** 31-01-2023 10:01 AM

The reason why i think they won't is because Love Island doesn't have a feed. I imagine a LI feed (when it's not all Samey like the main show). The Saturday Unseen bits proves that there is appetite, and ITV never gave it to them. The Saturday show which isn't all about "pulling people for a chat" is more interesting, and would be more of that in a feed.

IMO, if BB gets a feed, LI would have to get one. They wouldn't want to do that.

I think the probability of BB getting a feed is around 5%