ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chat and Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Would you blame the dog - (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=385769)

Swan 06-06-2023 06:58 PM

Would you blame the dog -

If this guy got his throat ripped out?

Im not sure i would. Im a dog lover, and yes the guy probably has a good relationship and trust with the dog, but come on man. If he was attacked there he'd only have himself to blame imo.

parmnion 06-06-2023 08:17 PM

Cute video.

bitontheslide 06-06-2023 09:13 PM

he was lucky not to get his head bitten off A rotty's bite strength is insane

thesheriff443 06-06-2023 09:51 PM

There are a few of these videos

arista 07-06-2023 06:18 AM

Yes,
dog nails must be cut
that dog may have been,
a baby with that fella.

Appears to be a nice respect.
Which is needed
with that killer dog.

Livia 10-06-2023 09:50 AM

If the dog was walked regularly he wouldn't need his nails clipped. I say.... let the dog eat him.

MTVN 10-06-2023 10:56 AM

Horrible creatures

Redway 10-06-2023 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTVN (Post 11299573)
Horrible creatures

Not a fan of dogs, are you?

Swan 10-06-2023 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTVN (Post 11299573)
Horrible creatures

Always find a person who hates dogs suspect. Unless they have childhood trauma from a bite or something, then i understand. But other than that not liking dogs is just plain weird imo.

bitontheslide 10-06-2023 12:49 PM

i don't think there is anything wrong disliking an angry, growling dog :laugh:

Redway 10-06-2023 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 11299587)
Always find a person who hates dogs suspect. Unless they have childhood trauma from a bite or something, then i understand. But other than that not liking dogs is just plain weird imo.

Finding people who don’t like the same things as you weird is even weirder. To some people dogs are furry bundles of assertive joy. Other people find them and their loudness a bit much and prefer cats or goldfish. There are 7 billion people in the world. Natural human differences shouldn’t be pathologised just because you personally have such a great affectation for one particular kind of animal.

Redway 10-06-2023 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 11299588)
i don't think there is anything wrong disliking an angry, growling dog :laugh:

I was reading a post on Reddit the other day about some guy (who was likely a troll, I’ll admit) asking if it was okay to let his dog take a dump on other people’s front-lawns so long as he cleans it up after. I’m not saying all or even the vast-majority of dog owners are like that but there’s a difference between having a normal attachment to your pet and letting it run wild in other people’s space and assuming that anyone who doesn’t like it must have a problem.

Swan 10-06-2023 12:53 PM

There are no "horrible" dogs, just horrible owners. It's not the same as hating a tv show, or sport. A dogs love and loyalty is 2nd to none.

Swan 10-06-2023 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redway (Post 11299589)
Finding people who don’t like the same things as you weird is even weirder. To some people dogs are furry bundles of assertive joy. Other people find them and their loudness a bit much and prefer cats or goldfish. There are 7 billion people in the world. Natural human differences shouldn’t be pathologised just because you personally have such a great affectation for one particular kind of animal.

How is it weird to find something weird though? I think Furries are weird, is that weird?

Redway 10-06-2023 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 11299592)
There are no "horrible" dogs, just horrible owners. It's the same as hating a tv show, or sport. A dogs love and loyalty is 2nd to none.

In your opinion. It ends there.

Redway 10-06-2023 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 11299593)
How is it weird to find something weird though? I think Furries are weird, is that weird?

Some people like seafood, ginger beer and mushrooms (me being a prime example), others don’t. Some people like boiled eggs, others (like me) don’t. Some people prefer a cat’s loyalty and overall presence. Some people prefer dogs. Others prefer goldfish or hamsters. Humans are full of diversity and unique preferences and personalities and that’s something that should be encouraged, not pathologised or weirded-out. Surely you can understand why some people find dogs annoying.

Swan 10-06-2023 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redway (Post 11299594)
In your opinion. It ends there.

No, not really, If you treat a dog right, hell you don't even really need to treat a dog good (even though i hate that) for it to be loyal to you, and love you. 99.9999% guarantee you, a dog will be loyal to you if you treat them well.

Redway 10-06-2023 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 11299597)
No, not really, If you treat a dog right, hell you don't even really need to treat a dog good (even though i hate that) for it to be loyal to you, and love you. 99.9999% guarantee you, a dog will be loyal to you if you treat them well.

Some people prefer the loyalty of a good spouse or close friends. I don’t know what it is with hardcore dog lovers weirding out everyone who’s not like them. When exactly did it become a crime to prefer other animals and other forms of loyalty?

Swan 10-06-2023 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redway (Post 11299596)
Some people like seafood, ginger beer and mushrooms (me being a prime example), others don’t. Some people like boiled eggs, others (like me) don’t. Some people prefer a cat’s loyalty and overall presence. Some people prefer dogs. Others prefer goldfish or hamsters. Humans are full of diversity and unique preferences and personalities and that’s something that should be encouraged, not pathologised or weirded-out. Surely you can understand why some people find dogs annoying.

It was the "horrible creatures" i was referring to. You're talking about respectful, different opinions, likes and dislikes. Is every dog a horrible creature, iyo?

Swan 10-06-2023 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redway (Post 11299599)
Some people prefer the loyalty of a good spouse or close friends. I don’t know what it is with hardcore dog lovers weirding out everyone who’s not like them.

Not liking a dog is fine, but calling them horrible creatures is weird, imo ofc.

Redway 10-06-2023 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 11299600)
It was the "horrible creatures" i was referring to. You're talking about respectful, different opinions, likes and dislikes. Is every dog a horrible creature, iyo?

Far from it (re. your last sentence) but besides Clifford (for old times’ sake) and Brian Griffin I’m also not the biggest fan of dogs. I’ve only ever owned fish as pets and so that’s what I’ve been used to. Others might have grown up around pet dogs who they trained well enough and developed a love for them and that’s absolutely fine but being suspect about people with different likes and dislikes to you is just ridiculous.

Swan 10-06-2023 01:05 PM

We have been through this before anyway Redway, you seem to think im some animal nut. Of course i love animals, but im not some radical protester about it. You even compared me thinking racism was a lesser crime than animal cruelty. How you compared the two was actually one of the weirdest things i've ever seen on this forum tbh. How are the two in any way connected?!

Calling a dog a horrible creature is a weird stance imo. You can disagree with me, that's fine.

Redway 10-06-2023 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 11299601)
Not liking a dog is fine, but calling them horrible creatures is weird, imo ofc.

No more weird than calling brussel sprouts, tuna or marmite horrible. Some people like them, some people don’t mind them, some people really don’t like them. I can understand all sides. Generally I don’t go out of my way to call people “weird” just for being different to me in some way.

By the way, you did say re. MTVN’s post that even just-plain disliking a dog (not just calling them horrible creatures) is weird so.

Redway 10-06-2023 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 11299605)
We have been through this before anyway Redway, you seem to think im some animal nut. Of course i love animals, but im not some radical protester about it. You even compared me thinking racism was a lesser crime than animal cruelty. How you compared the two was actually one of the weirdest things i've ever seen on this forum tbh. How are the two in any way connected?!

Calling a dog a horrible creature is a weird stance imo. You can disagree with me, that's fine.

I hardly remember that side of the discussion but whatever I did say about racism you must’ve surely taken out of context and went ’round the houses with. That’s fine but life’s going to be difficult for you if you get weirded out by people saying they find dogs a bit horrible. That’s MTVN’s perspective (and I’m guessing he was probably exaggerating a bit anyway).

Swan 10-06-2023 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redway (Post 11299606)
No more weird than calling brussel sprouts, tuna or marmite horrible. Some people like them, some people don’t mind them, some people really don’t like them. I can understand all sides. Generally I don’t go out of my way to call people “weird” just for being different to me in some way.

So, using your own logic here, some people don't like other races, is that not weird? Thing is yes, that's an extreme example, but when you compare not liking brussel sprouts to thinking all dogs are horrible creatures, it weakens your argument.