ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Fellas, how often do you barb? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=385777)

Redway 07-06-2023 01:17 PM

Fellas, how often do you barb?

Some types of hair-texture (which is partly dependent on racial origins and whatnot) need to be trimmed more regularly than others (unless said guy’s sporting an Afro, but even then a certain level of shaping up is seen as a semi-frequent necessity at the least) but now often do you lads/guys personally trim your hair/get a haircut?

bitontheslide 07-06-2023 01:30 PM

i get the shears out every week, it keeps my 1 remaining hair in good order

Niamh. 07-06-2023 01:35 PM

My son Luke goes pretty much every week, he has a Peaky Blinders type do at the moment so needs to keep the sides tight :laugh:

Swan 07-06-2023 01:57 PM

Monthly give or take a week. Though after Christmas and new years i usually wait until mid/late March.

My hair is always kept fairly short, but when working outside in the winter months, even with a woolly hat, some extra hair helps .

parmnion 07-06-2023 02:35 PM

When it looks like a mad womens vagina.

thesheriff443 07-06-2023 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 11298757)
When it looks like a mad womens vagina.

What a cxxxt

LeatherTrumpet 07-06-2023 03:42 PM

Once every 2 months

Dogeatdog 07-06-2023 03:44 PM

I’d say probably every month tbh.

Nicky91 07-06-2023 04:25 PM

every month

my mom does this for me :love:

saying this i just have my hair again short today, ahead of upcoming warm weekend :D

LaLaLand 07-06-2023 07:04 PM

Monthly

Oliver_W 07-06-2023 09:06 PM

I'm a long(ish) hair guy so I don't do it as often as others :laugh:

Redway 07-06-2023 09:50 PM

Oliver the hippie.

Oliver_W 08-06-2023 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redway (Post 11298893)
Oliver the hippie.

Hardly :laugh:

I'm more like a Stranger Thing.

LeatherTrumpet 08-06-2023 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 11298808)
every month

my mom does this for me :love:

saying this i just have my hair again short today, ahead of upcoming warm weekend :D

have you ever been to a barbers?

Redway 08-06-2023 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 11299005)
have you ever been to a barbers?

Doubtful.

bitontheslide 08-06-2023 12:22 PM

i havent been to a hairdresser in 20 years :laugh:

Redway 08-06-2023 01:39 PM

My trims have to wait three to four weeks at the moment but that's just practical current logistics talking (i.e., tight money situation). I prefer going once every two weeks but it's not a necessity for me at the moment (it is but then it isn't) so I just get it done when I get it done.

Redway 24-11-2023 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 11298750)
My son Luke goes pretty much every week, he has a Peaky Blinders type do at the moment so needs to keep the sides tight :laugh:

Was your son one of those who went to barbers who’d take you in through the back-door or come to your house during Covid?

LaLaLand 24-11-2023 02:13 AM

Once a month. I should go every 2/3 weeks the rate my hair grows but I try and leave it as long as possible to save some pennies. :joker:

Mystic Mock 24-11-2023 02:25 AM

I had mine done recently for my Mom's Funeral.

Other than that I actually like having long hair, so it's probably every few months just to stop myself from looking like a Hobo.

Redway 24-11-2023 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 11396201)

Other than that I actually like having long hair, so it's probably every few months just to stop myself from looking like a Hobo.

I’m really sorry to hear that, Mock. Sincere condolences.

Was she ill (if you don’t mind me asking, at least on here)?

Mystic Mock 24-11-2023 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redway (Post 11396207)
I’m really sorry to hear that, Mock. Sincere condolences.

Was she ill (if you don’t mind me asking, at least on here)?

Thanks Redway.:blush:

And it's fine, she had a Heart Attack and a Stroke on top of each other, the Doctors think that the Heart Attack caused the Stroke which unfortunately made it near enough impossible for them to save her.

It's been a couple of months since she passed away, but there's always stuff that happens that reminds of her, so at least I'll always have the memories of her.

To clarify a bit more.

First she had a Heart Attack on Saturday, but we all at the time put it down to food allergies at first as my Mom had a fair few food allergies.

Then she had been feeling sick for a couple of more days, which then my Dad & Brother in particular were really pushing for her to at least see the local GP, which my Mom looking back on it seemed really scared to go, but she did agree to at least see the GP.

Then unfortunately the day that she was going to book an appointment to see the GP she had a Stroke, which me and my Brother woke up and came down the stairs seeing her in that condition, so unfortunately we don't know how long she might've been having a Stroke for before any of us was in direct contact with her.

We then proceeded to call an Ambulance first, then contacted our Dad (who for obvious reasons rushed back home) around this time Mom started to come back around a little bit, but she needed to drink a lot of Water.

Then basically the Ambulance came, told us what was going on, and then early hours in the morning on September 13th, she unfortunately had another Heart Attack in her sleep.

I'm sorry if I've ruined anyone's morning with this information, but I honestly don't think that I'll ever forget those details for the rest of my life, the way it played out was horrific.

The three of us (four if you include our Cat) are starting to find a new routine, but we're all missing her terribly (even the Cat is showing signs of missing her lol) the only thing that's still really ****ed up on my end at the moment is sleep.

Anyway I apologize for derailing the thread, it's good to finally get my feelings off my chest, as I haven't really wanted to discuss it up till now in case I worded things poorly, but I feel like I'm in the right frame of mind to explain things better now.

Redway 24-11-2023 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 11396213)
Thanks Redway.:blush:

And it's fine, she had a Heart Attack and a Stroke on top of each other, the Doctors think that the Heart Attack caused the Stroke which unfortunately made it near enough impossible for them to save her.

It's been a couple of months since she passed away, but there's always stuff that happens that reminds of her, so at least I'll always have the memories of her.

To clarify a bit more.

First she had a Heart Attack on Saturday, but we all at the time put it down to food allergies at first as my Mom had a fair few food allergies.

Then she had been feeling sick for a couple of more days, which then my Dad & Brother in particular were really pushing for her to at least see the local GP, which my Mom looking back on it seemed really scared to go, but she did agree to at least see the GP.

Then unfortunately the day that she was going to book an appointment to see the GP she had a Stroke, which me and my Brother woke up and came down the stairs seeing her in that condition, so unfortunately we don't know how long she might've been having a Stroke for before any of us was in direct contact with her.

We then proceeded to call an Ambulance first, then contacted our Dad (who for obvious reasons rushed back home) around this time Mom started to come back around a little bit, but she needed to drink a lot of Water.

Then basically the Ambulance came, told us what was going on, and then early hours in the morning on September 13th, she unfortunately had another Heart Attack in her sleep.

I'm sorry if I've ruined anyone's morning with this information, but I honestly don't think that I'll ever forget those details for the rest of my life, the way it played out was horrific.

The three of us (four if you include our Cat) are starting to find a new routine, but we're all missing her terribly (even the Cat is showing signs of missing her lol) the only thing that's still really ****ed up on my end at the moment is sleep.

Anyway I apologize for derailing the thread, it's good to finally get my feelings off my chest, as I haven't really wanted to discuss it up till now in case I worded things poorly, but I feel like I'm in the right frame of mind to explain things better now.

Hey, don’t ever apologise. We’re mates and you have the right to open up and let off some steam. Whatever you need to do.

I don’t think there’s anything I can say at the moment that would make it better just know that you have my condolences. That’s really, really rough.

Mystic Mock 24-11-2023 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redway (Post 11396225)
Hey, don’t ever apologise. We’re mates and you have the right to open up and let off some steam. Whatever you need to do.

I don’t think there’s anything I can say at the moment that would make it better just know that you have my condolences. That’s really, really rough.

Thanks Redway, it's truly appreciated.

And don't worry I've been in a similar spot myself on here where I don't know what to say to a member who's grieving about a loved one passing away.

The worst thing during all of it isn't the Funeral for me though, it's the Chapel Of Rest, I get why it's there, but I personally did not like it.

Zizu 24-11-2023 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 11396201)

Awww Mock I’m so sorry to learn this news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro