ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Starbucks, Caffè Nero or Costa? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389466)

Redway 04-12-2023 09:29 AM

Starbucks, Caffè Nero or Costa?

Favourite coffee chain?

Niamh. 04-12-2023 09:31 AM

McDonalds :hee:

Vanessa 04-12-2023 09:32 AM

Caffe Nero.

Niamh. 04-12-2023 09:34 AM

Not toffee lattes though, black coffee from McDonald's

Redway 04-12-2023 09:34 AM

There was a time when I was practically living in Costa. Headphones in, vanilla latte connected and sat at the back for the best part of 3 hours.

Vanessa 04-12-2023 09:35 AM

I usually get decaf. And it's just as good.

Redway 04-12-2023 09:39 AM

Costa > Starbucks > Caffè Nero > McDonald’s, in that order from best to worst, for me (although the worst is still decent).

The toffee latte thing was just a sugary example. If black coffee with your McNuggets or McPancakes is your thing, just as valid as far as this poll goes. The point is that you like McDonalds coffee (if you do).

Niamh. 04-12-2023 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redway (Post 11399622)
Costa > Starbucks > Caffè Nero > McDonald’s, in that order from best to worst, for me (although the worst is still decent).

The toffee latte thing was just a sugary example. If black coffee with your McNuggets or McPancakes is your thing, just as valid as far as this poll goes. The point is that you like McDonalds coffee (if you do).

McMuffins :hee:

Redway 04-12-2023 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 11399623)
McMuffins :hee:

McPancakes >> :hmph:

Niamh. 04-12-2023 09:55 AM

Ugh I'd love a sausage egg McMuffin now and a hash brown

bitontheslide 04-12-2023 10:03 AM

If you are looking for somewhere to fill in some time or get out of the cold/rain they are all pretty similar. I wouldn't make a positive choice to go to any of them

Redway 04-12-2023 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 11399628)
If you are looking for somewhere to fill in some time or get out of the cold/rain they are all pretty similar. I wouldn't make a positive choice to go to any of them

They’re pretty different.

Soldier Boy 04-12-2023 10:19 AM

I'm going purely by the coffee itself and not the ambience, very rare that I'm sitting in. But for the coffee itself, Nero is the best high-street coffee by a considerable margin.

Nero < Starbucks < most independent cafes < McDonalds < Home made instant swill <<< Costa.

Now don't get me wrong; the sausage breakfast roll from Costa is the GOAT... but their coffee is weak, watery, fruity piss. Really just unpleasant. If I absolutely have to get a Costa due to lack of availability... I get it with oat, soy or almond milk because then at least it has some sort of flavour.

Ammi 04-12-2023 10:22 AM

…I rarely drink coffee but for an occasional takeaway, Greggs coffee is not too shabby as Arista would say…

…my OH says that MacDonalds flat white is one of his favourites but I’m not sure they do decaf, so I haven’t had one from there…

Gusto Brunt 04-12-2023 10:29 AM

Sorry but I have a kettle at home. Sugar and coffee, milk.

All the coffee I need is at home. I've never bought a coffee at any of those places. :p

Redway 04-12-2023 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gusto Brunt (Post 11399652)
Sorry but I have a kettle at home. Sugar and coffee, milk.

All the coffee I need is at home. I've never bought a coffee at any of those places. :p

I feel like coffee’s best enjoyed in all its flavours and varieties. The people who have more of a rightful claim to coffee (starting with Ethiopia and including Italy) don’t drink it the boring way at all.

MTVN 04-12-2023 01:55 PM

Nero is my favourite coffee by some way and I like the ambience in their stores. Starbucks is okay but they always feel a bit cold and sterile. Costa is fine. Tbh I do find Greggs coffee no worse really and their breakfast is amazing value compared to the other chains who microwave a cheap bacon bap and charge you like £4 for it

Redway 04-12-2023 02:11 PM

There’s a certain quiet ambience of coffee shops that introverts crave in our loud, noisy world. People-watching or listening to a podcast in solitude after a bit of small talk with your lovely barista or maybe bringing your laptop into Starbucks to get on with a bit of work and just chill is something especially people who like their peace and quiet just mutually understand.

Hashtag the power of coffee shops in a world that just can’t stop talking.

GoldHeart 04-12-2023 05:37 PM

I don't care what anyone says ,Caffe Nero is the best .

Oliver_W 04-12-2023 05:45 PM

None of those, anything at the end of a chain should be on the end of a rope :hmph:

I only go to Independent coffee shops.

James 04-12-2023 05:48 PM

Only have a Costa near me.

I would probably go to Greggs though, and I would get tea, green tea or hot chocolate.

Strictly Jake 04-12-2023 07:50 PM

Don't often go to any coffee shop. But out of all of them I think I've used Costa more. But I'd take my own cup of tea over any of them

Alf 04-12-2023 08:00 PM

Support the independent small business. F these big chains.

Alf 04-12-2023 08:03 PM

These big chains pay their employees more or less minimum wage and work them to the bone by under staffing them. That's because they can get away with it. If they could get away with paying them less, they would. If they could get away with full on slavery, they would.

Redway 05-12-2023 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strictly Jake (Post 11399768)
Don't often go to any coffee shop. But out of all of them I think I've used Costa more. But I'd take my own cup of tea over any of them

Quality home-made brews are indispensable but we’re talking about coffee here.