ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Now way! (Dental treatment) (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46359)

Sod_James 27-09-2007 11:27 AM

Now way! (Dental treatment)

Sorry but some of you might find this thread a litte pointless but i must share my displeasure with somone.

I just got a letter through the post for a bill of dental treatment i just had for the total amount of £200:shocked: :bawling:

Thats so expensive. im no way gonna be able to afford that i only work 12 hours a week. bang out of order if you ask me.

Ruth*Star 27-09-2007 03:14 PM

Ouch, that much, what did you have done for it to cost that much.

Chri$ 27-09-2007 03:20 PM

Its Stuped My Dental Cost is £2500 and If I braker my Brace it costs £79 :O

When my sis has t it as FREE! :(

~Kizwiz~ 27-09-2007 04:18 PM

Unfortunately dental treatment is a pricey thing. Even a small amount of work can add up. I am a firm believer that the government should subsidise dental treatment so it wasnt so expensive.

Lauren 27-09-2007 04:37 PM

I thought all under 18's in full time education got it for free? Correct me if I'm wrong (Which I obviously am, haha).

Edit: ^ Was aimed at Chris' situation, not OPs, should just clarify.

~Kizwiz~ 27-09-2007 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lauren
I thought all under 18's in full time education got it for free? Correct me if I'm wrong (Which I obviously am, haha).

Edit: ^ Was aimed at Chris' situation, not OPs, should just clarify.
Your right in most respects but it is comes under "cosmetic" it doesnt.

I get free treatment atm too as I am preggers but I have a denture, due to a bike accident when I was 11 and thats not covered.

KissyLittleMissy 27-09-2007 09:28 PM

we are only just clinging on to nhs dentists. give it ten more years and it will just be a memory. i think it will be private dental care only in time to come

Sunny_01 28-09-2007 10:48 AM

your dental treatment is only free if you can actually find an NHS dentist to register with.

If you are lucky enough to find one then there are price bands now which actually save you money if you are getting a lot done. The most they can charge now is £189 which is when you need crowns or dentures. My hubby had 6 months worth of extensive dental treatment done and it cost £189 that was for an appointment every week for 6 months and sedation on a number of occasions.

Lauren 28-09-2007 11:13 AM

I have an NHS dentist in Houghton(little tip for you Sunny if you need to find an NHS dentist, haha). But now I'm at Uni (tomorrow, woop!) they have an on-campus dentist and as far as I know - for free.

Sod_James 28-09-2007 01:43 PM

im with an NHS dentist but because i have a job i have to pay NHS dental fees for my brace even though i pay my tax already for the ppl that dont have jobs and sponge of ppl who work for a living.

stacey 28-09-2007 03:38 PM

Mines free at the minute i'm not sure why hehe ive never asked my mum and dad why

bananarama 28-09-2007 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sunny_01
your dental treatment is only free if you can actually find an NHS dentist to register with.

If you are lucky enough to find one then there are price bands now which actually save you money if you are getting a lot done. The most they can charge now is £189 which is when you need crowns or dentures. My hubby had 6 months worth of extensive dental treatment done and it cost £189 that was for an appointment every week for 6 months and sedation on a number of occasions.

That's correct. However a 73 year old women not on benefits that I know had £189 worth of treatment covering front teeth being capped. A few weeks past and she lost the cap from a tooth. Needed a longer pin fitted to said tooth involving two visits and you guess a further £189 had to be paid....

Anyone know if or how long some dental treatments are gauranteed for on the NHS......If gauranteed at all.......