ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Mandy (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47262)

worried 14-10-2007 10:03 PM

Mandy

can anyone help me im worried about my son who is talking on text about something called MANDY he has it in a beige crystal and will get blue next week can anyone tell me if this is drug slang and if so what is it slang for?
any help on this would be great.
worrid

officialleafan 14-10-2007 10:04 PM

Mandy? I've never heard it before as a slang for drugs or anything!

officialleafan 14-10-2007 10:06 PM

I've found it!
"Mandy" is a powder form of the drug ecstacy. Is often preferred to ecstasy pills as MDMA is pure, whilst ecstasy pills are often adulterated. It is a popular drug amongst ravers and people who do not trust the purity of pills, and ecstasy in general has always been associated, often by the police and government, with the underground dance music scene.

I/want/To/Marry/Chanelle 14-10-2007 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by worried
can anyone help me Im worried about my son who is talking on text about something called MANDY he has it in a beige crystal and will get blue next week can anyone tell me if this is drug slang and if so what is it slang for?
any help on this would be great.
worrid
I saw it here: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mandy

Walk into a nightclub and drug-dealers are just there, believe me. There will be girls called Mandy maybe? but Mandy the drug will definitely be there, sorry to say.

officialleafan 14-10-2007 10:12 PM

Mandy is a powder from the drug ecstacy! I've posted it above!

officialleafan 14-10-2007 10:18 PM

Oops, Worried has logged off! I hope he/she is ok with his/her Son!

KKBL 14-10-2007 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by officialleafan
Oops, Worried has logged off! I hope he/she is ok with his/her Son!
me to:sad:

I/want/To/Marry/Chanelle 14-10-2007 10:27 PM

Kids use these slang names for drugs to disguise what they actually mean. After a while people find out so they need to pick another name and so on..

It is rather shameful that this has to occur in pubs and clubs, but sadly it will go on forever.

Also, it is impossible to stop your son or daughter from taking the drug. Whatever you say to them, they shall do the complete opposite. It is just finding your way, the best way you can. Drugs is part of that and drugs is part of life.

officialleafan 14-10-2007 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by I/want/To/Marry/Chanelle
Kids use these slang names for drugs to disguise what they actually mean. After a while people find out so they need to pick another name and so on..

It is rather shameful that this has to occur in pubs and clubs, but sadly it will go on forever.

Also, it is impossible to stop your son or daughter from taking the drug. Whatever you say to them, they shall do the complete opposite. It is just finding your way, the best way you can. Drugs is part of that and drugs is part of life.

I agree. It's ashame that it leads to drugs at times. You hear stories of Celebs being killed for this reason!

I/want/To/Marry/Chanelle 14-10-2007 10:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally posted by I/want/To/Marry/Chanelle

I agree. It's ashame that it leads to drugs at times. You hear stories of Celebs being killed for this reason!
and just as we give useful advise, Boy George is on cocaine again:rolleyes: don't think he ever left drugs IMO

officialleafan 14-10-2007 10:42 PM

Boy George! :bored:
Some people can't handle fame!

I/want/To/Marry/Chanelle 14-10-2007 10:54 PM

Quote:

Boy George! :bored:
Some people can't handle fame!
I couldn't agree more:rolleyes: He is no example for any of us. Snorting coke while staying out of jail.

Sticks 15-10-2007 07:00 AM

So not the record by Barry Manilow then :shocked:

I/want/To/Marry/Chanelle 15-10-2007 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sticks
So not the record by Barry Manilow then :shocked:
If the OP was talking about Barry, then it was in poor taste musically and ethically.:laugh:

worried 19-10-2007 06:37 PM

:thumbs:thanks everyone for all your help hasn't eased my mind but at least i now know.
your right that i wont be able to stop him and i know that trying would only make him want to do it more just have hope he " grows out of it" and that it wont consume him.:puzzled:

supernoodles! 21-10-2007 09:42 PM

does no one find it a bit odd that some random person would choose to come on tibb to find advice on wether or not there son is takin drugs?

Billy 21-10-2007 09:43 PM

(8) Oh Mandyyy (8)