ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chat and Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   How did you get into... (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47721)

\PJ/ 23-10-2007 11:40 PM

How did you get into...

How did you get into Computers and did you learn yourself i went on a 3 year course which i finished yesterday I'm so proud of myself i started when i was 14 i have learnt so much how about you lot.Comments please:thumbs:

Retroman 23-10-2007 11:41 PM

Into computers as in started using them? Or is this topic just for people who are really INTO computers? Or both?

Matt 23-10-2007 11:42 PM

Most of my knowledge is self-taught. I have been using computers for quite a while now... IT in school and all.

\PJ/ 23-10-2007 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Retroman
Into computers as in started using them? Or is this topic just for people who are really INTO computers? Or both?
Just genral use aswell you dont have to be bill gates.LOL

Red Moon 23-10-2007 11:45 PM

I use to design and build my own computers from integrated circuits. Then I would write a operating system to get them to do what I wanted them to do.

Is that the sort of getting into computers we are talking about?

Matt 23-10-2007 11:47 PM

I find myself quite knowledgeable for a 14 year old... I am fluent in the HTML and CSS web standards, and I'm a dab hand at Photoshop if I do say so myself :laugh:

Never built a PC myself... would like to try one day though

\PJ/ 23-10-2007 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Red Moon
I use to design and build my own computers from integrated circuits. Then I would write a operating system to get them to do what I wanted them to do.

Yes thats what i am learnig when i got to colledge next year.and any talk about computers.

\PJ/ 23-10-2007 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Matt
I find myself quite knowledgeable for a 14 year old... I am fluent in the HTML and CSS web standards, and I'm a dab hand at Photoshop if I do say so myself :laugh:
You should be proud of yourself that website of yours if FAB.:thumbs:

\PJ/ 23-10-2007 11:49 PM

Red moon how much time do you spend on the pc if you don't mind me asking.

Red Moon 23-10-2007 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Pj
Quote:

Yes thats what i am learnig when i got to colledge next year.and any talk about computers.
Enjoy. It is becoming a black act. People just go to PC World and buy them without realising how or what makes them work.

Retroman 23-10-2007 11:51 PM

Self taught mostly...
Received a computer back when the internet was making its way into everyone's homes and generally used it for chatting/browsing at the time, as I wasn't all that informed on anything else that computers were capable of doing.

Then I started teaching myself HTML, which seems to have paid off since it's used amongst even regular websites these days. Especially forums, or social networking sites that allow you to edit your page through HTML. Although it is slightly annoying, as now almost everyone has a basic HTML/CSS knowledge.

Went on to study a Multimedia ND, which involved web design/animation/film/Photoshop and a little music [there was plenty more, but none computer related.]

\PJ/ 23-10-2007 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Retroman
Self taught mostly...
Received a computer back when the internet was making its way into everyone's homes and generally used it for chatting/browsing at the time, as I wasn't all that informed on anything else that computers were capable of doing.

Then I started teaching myself HTML, which seems to have paid off since it's used amongst even regular websites these days. Especially forums, or social networking sites that allow you to edit your page through HTML. Although it is slightly annoying, as now almost everyone has a basic HTML/CSS knowledge.

Went on to study a Multimedia ND, which involved web design/animation/film/Photoshop and a little music [there was plenty more, but none computer related.]
well done.:thumbs:

Red Moon 23-10-2007 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Pj
I don't know. They fascinate me. There are various Macs, a couple of SUN workstations and a ever diminishing number of MS Windows PC's about the place which suck.

Some people like cars, I like mesing with computers.

\PJ/ 24-10-2007 12:00 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally posted by Pj
I don't know. They fascinate me. There are various Macs, a couple of SUN workstations and a ever diminishing number of MS Windows PC's about the place which suck.

Some people like cars, I like mesing with computers.
They fascinate me same here.:wink:

Retroman 24-10-2007 12:02 AM

Understanding computers inside and out is one thing...
To think all that information stemmed from someone's brain and was put into practise, who wasn't taught or self taught, but actually invented such things is something else.

Red Moon 24-10-2007 12:07 AM

Invention of something like the first computer is a subject for another night. It not simple but complex. Many people had a hand in it's development.

Another fascinating subject.

Holograms 24-10-2007 01:57 AM

I dont know <3

Holograms 24-10-2007 02:26 AM

:cheer:

:lovedup:

Captain.Remy 24-10-2007 05:03 AM

I've started when I was 11 and nobody did teach to me, all alone ! :hugesmile:

\PJ/ 24-10-2007 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Holograms
Holograms try not to post pointlessly i don't mind but other people might have a go so :thumbs:.

Ann 24-10-2007 08:38 AM

i got into having a pc because my sister has always had one so i thought i would try and get one too plus i love it as ive made alot of fabulous friends that are so sweet to me plus i just love getting to know lovely people like you lot on here lol:wink::wink:

xDramatick 24-10-2007 08:47 AM

I got my first decent computer with the internet when I was thirteen.
Used to just play games and go on websites.
Then I started RPing on forums [badly]
Started graphics, first with Paint, then Photoplus 6, then GIMP, and now PS 7.
Got really into it, got improved and became quite useful with forums.
Made a few of my own, sucessfully.
Started learning HTML for my myspace.
Started joining chat forums like this one.

So I'm all self taught.
HTML, Graphics, making forums, etc.
&I'm fifteen now? So not bad for two years.

I know quite a lot about fixing computers.
My Dad's mate said that around Xmas time, he'll show me how to wire&put together a computer, and then if I can do it to a really good, brand new computer that he pulled apart, I can have it =D

KKBL 24-10-2007 08:50 AM

welll i thought it to myself when i started using a computer and somone told me id be able to do all the things im able to do now i wouldent believe them!