ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Music (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Eurovision Song Contest 2008 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51855)

Firewire 15-01-2008 08:38 PM

Eurovision Song Contest 2008

Who do we think can enter for the UK. To go to Belgrade, Serbia. To follow the footsteps of Marjia Serifovic.

Spike 15-01-2008 08:40 PM

The UK shouldn't enter, they will never win

Firewire 15-01-2008 08:40 PM

Yeah I suppose your right, Scooch were terrible last year.

Spike 15-01-2008 08:42 PM

I loved Scooch, but they were terrible :laugh:

Callum 15-01-2008 08:53 PM

Who COULD enter?

Xander 15-01-2008 09:06 PM

Its not based on what the songs like, its based on which countries neighbour each other/who allies with them/ etc..

Spike 15-01-2008 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Xander
Its not based on what the songs like, its based on which countries neighbour each other/who allies with them/ etc..
Exactly, the UK has no chance of winning.

Shaun 15-01-2008 09:15 PM

Scooch were fantastic, but as it's already been said, it's a total farce these days. I predict somewhere like Latvia will win it. Lots of neighbours.

As for who we'll send...it'll be one ex-member of a pop band from 2001, or some crazy has-been. I'd like for us to, one year, send somebody like the Sugababes or Girls Aloud just to see what happens :P or the Spice Girls, haha.

Loukas 15-01-2008 09:16 PM

Without The Uk There Will be No Eurovision!

The Uk,France And Spain Spend The Most Moeny With The Staging And Everything! I Will Be Suporting Greece And Cyprus As Always BRING IT HOME!!!!

MR.K! 15-01-2008 09:20 PM

It would be amazing if Leona Lewis entered for the UK but i doubt she would do that

Spike 15-01-2008 09:20 PM

I always like the Greece and the Ukraine entries. Hopefully the UK will have a great entry this year.

Shaun 15-01-2008 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DoubleTrouble
Without The Uk There Will be No Eurovision!

The Uk,France And Spain Spend The Most Moeny With The Staging And Everything! I Will Be Suporting Greece And Cyprus As Always BRING IT HOME!!!!
And Germany :)

Shaun 15-01-2008 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Spike
I always like the Greece and the Ukraine entries. Hopefully the UK will have a great entry this year.
Yeah, they generally do good ones.

*hums Verka Serduchka's "Danzing"* [Ukraine last year :tongue:]

Ross 15-01-2008 09:33 PM

Mika for UK xo

Jack 15-01-2008 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Shaun
Quote:

OMG that man (woman?) was hilarious. Especially with the crazy dancers.

*youtubes song*

Xander 15-01-2008 09:35 PM

Mika isnt strictly English, but we always have really rubbish acts representing us.

Shaun 15-01-2008 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jack
Quote:

Quote:

*youtubes song*
Yeah it was a bloke, and I think Verka is his stage-name. :tongue:

Sieben sieben ailulu!
Sieben sieben eins zwei!

Shaun 15-01-2008 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Xander
Mika isnt strictly English, but we always have really rubbish acts representing us.
I don't think nationality matters too much. I remember Celine Dion represented Switzerland, despite being Canadian.

Jack 15-01-2008 09:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally posted by Jack
Quote:

Quote:

*youtubes song*
Yeah it was a bloke, and I think Verka is his stage-name. :tongue:

Sieben sieben ailulu!
Sieben sieben eins zwei!
So funny! It's a cross between Ms Doubtfire and a telly tubby, wrapped in bacofoil. Strangely catchy though.

podge2007 15-01-2008 09:42 PM

I don't think the UK, Ireland or any other Western European Nation will ever win it again as long as the Eastern European Countries keep voting for themselves. The richer nations should withdraw their funding and let us see if the Eastern Countries enjoy the contest as much when they have to pay for it themselves.

Shaun 15-01-2008 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by podge2007
I don't think the UK, Ireland or any other Western European Nation will ever win it again as long as the Eastern European Countries keep voting for themselves. The richer nations should withdraw their funding and let us see if the Eastern Countries enjoy the contest as much when they have to pay for it themselves.
Bah humbug!

It doesn't cost that much, and without it we'd have nothing to laugh at come May-time. Plus Terry Wogan's sarcasm would go to waste. :sad:

podge2007 15-01-2008 09:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally posted by podge2007
Bah humbug!

It doesn't cost that much, and without it we'd have nothing to laugh at come May-time. Plus Terry Wogan's sarcasm would go to waste. :sad:
Actually it does cost a lot of money to stage, especially now there is a semi-final as well. Most Eastern European TV stations have a limited budget( It nearly bankrupted the Latvians in 2003). Without the western funding the contest could not happen. It would teach them not to bite the hand that feeds you.:nono:

Dan_ 15-01-2008 10:41 PM

We've picked some really crap acts in recent years.Perhaps this year we might do better if we actually had someone with a good voice.

Captain.Remy 16-01-2008 05:12 AM

It's all about politics anyway.
France and England won't win this year, we always finish in the last ones. And I'm pretty sure a country like Romania or Czech Republic will win.

ThisIsMarie 19-01-2008 12:20 AM

Quote:

The UK shouldn't enter, they will never win
What! Of course we should! I know we never win but why would we want to miss out completly!

When is this years Eurovision? I LOVE Eurovision!

:dance: <----- Look he's doing the Ukraine dance!! Go Verka!