ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB9 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   I have friends who are wealthy but they don't rub it in my face! (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62560)

bigbr0ther 18-07-2008 02:37 PM

I have friends who are wealthy but they don\'t rub it in my face!

Seriously. They may have way more money than I do but they don't ask me questions like, "So, how much do you spend on an average weekday" then act shocked and say, "Wow, only 5 pounds!? I spend at least 50 pounds per day. I mean, I go out to lunch and dinner, plus you need to pay for the taxis to drive you there...." One time my friend and I were with another friend who happens to be quite wealthy (rich for sure from my perspective) and the friend asked him if he were rich. Even when he was asked, he just sort of shrugged and said he didn't know.

:mad:

Rex may be rich but he's definitely not classy.

GiRTh 18-07-2008 02:41 PM

One of my best mates is a millionaire and he's probably the tightest son of bitch I've ever met. I winds me up at times with how tight he is then he'll go shopping and buy three watches for 5 grand each. I don't get him at times.

Rex seems to think he's impressing people with his talk when it's just another trait of his arrogant personality.

bigbr0ther 18-07-2008 02:49 PM

I don't see how I should be impressed by his ability to spend money. I'm more impressed by the modesty of most rich people who inherit their money. From personal experience, most of them don't brag at all.

SammyAyee 18-07-2008 03:16 PM

He keeps rubbing it in there faces it's like just give it a rest everyone knows you have restaurants and lots of money and chuck your phone in the bin when your done with it :mad:

Thats the reason I want him out tonight because he keeps talking about himself

mozzymozmoz 18-07-2008 05:00 PM

yeah that annoys the hell hout of me!
i want him out tonight mainly because of that reason.

nobody cares about it, and its not because we are jelous, we jus couldent care less...some people are rich, get over it rex.

SiaSiaSia 18-07-2008 05:16 PM

my boyfriends is very rich [i'm not allowed to say HOW rich, but lets just say KA-CHING :P] and he never talks about it, he finds it embarrassing. Rex annoys me when he goes on about his wealth ...

missposh 18-07-2008 05:21 PM

he shows off its one thing if you have worked hard for the money yourself he just lives off his rich daddys money and boost about it

Lauren 18-07-2008 05:23 PM

If he was bragging about a self-made fortune, I'd have no problem with it. But he brags about something he didn't do himself, it was just inherited...

jonsep 18-07-2008 05:32 PM

yeah rex is all me me me,however i feel thers a deeply insecure person underneath all that bragging and bravado

arista 18-07-2008 05:38 PM

Yes Rex is happy with Bog Standard set up
but top gear.
Typical Lost Soul.

He said he went into this house to make friends?