ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   TiBB Photography Competition (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=566)
-   -   • Tibb Photography Contest:: Round 4 Themes! [CONTESTANTS READ] (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72604)

Xander 06-10-2008 04:03 PM

• Tibb Photography Contest:: Round 4 Themes! [CONTESTANTS READ]

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...ibbfoto1-1.png

Well done to all, your now in the Semi Finals!
As its the semi finals, there will no longer be groups, so everyone will now be against each other.
Here are your semi-finalists!;;
Christina
Fom
LemonJam
Scampi
Gemmer-x
Pinkmichk
Nickyy
__________________________________________________ _______________

Round 4
This round your theme is Rainbow.
This might sound very similar to the other theme but this time I'm asking you take a picture that includes all the colours of the rainbow.

Red and yellow and pink and green,
Purple and orange and blue,
I can sing a rainbow,
sing a rainbow,
sing a rainbow too!

Yes Indeed I can sing a rainbow, but can you take a picture consisting of those colours?
Your Picture does not have to be of a rainbow.
__________________________________________________ _______________

So there are the themes;;
- Remember entries must be in by Saturday 11th October before 6.00 pm
- U2U your entries to Xander

Rules
- You are not allowed to copy images off of the net, I WILL track the original source down of the image if I'm suspicious, and believe me don't go there.
- They must be taken by you, you are allowed to recieve advice from others but they themselves are not allowed to take the picture.
- Late entries will not be excepted.
- It can be a existing photo that you have taken, but preferably a newer one would be better.
- It has to be a still image.
- You can't show other people your picture before it is posted.

Rules On Editing;
You ARE allowed to;;
- Resize
- Crop
- Change the image to full B&W or Full SEPIA, not a mixture of the two or any other color.
- Sharpen

You are NOT allowed to;;
- Use lighting effects.
- Blurring.
- Enhance The Picture. ( Change the contrast/brightness.)
- You can not use effects such as, Overlay, Lighten, Screen etc... on any picture.
- No text, or borders.
- No effects such as changing the exposure, selective colour etc..
Good Luck!

[b]YOU HAVE UNTIL 6.00PM ON SATURDAY 11 TH OCTOBER TO GET YOUR ENTRIES IN

Sam! 06-10-2008 04:04 PM

I hate you. Thats harrrrrrd! Will you be checking for all 7 colours?

pinkmichk 06-10-2008 04:07 PM

omg i found the last one hard good luck everyone

Nicky. 06-10-2008 04:08 PM

Ohh wow!

I actually love this theme! Will be hard though!! x

Hmm.. better get thinking.. :\ :bigsmile: x

Xander 06-10-2008 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Scampi
I hate you. Thats harrrrrrd! Will you be checking for all 7 colours?
I won't but then its least likely you'll get votes. :wink:

Sam! 06-10-2008 04:10 PM

Its like impossible to take a picture naturally of all of them. We will have to like make a compostion.

Xander 06-10-2008 04:11 PM

Quote:

Its like impossible to take a picture naturally of all of them. We will have to like make a subject.
Its not, there is such a thing called a Rainbow. :tongue:
Also there is such a thing called oil & soap. :wink:

Sam! 06-10-2008 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Xander
Quote:

Its like impossible to take a picture naturally of all of them. We will have to like make a subject.
Its not, there is such a thing called a Rainbow. :tongue:
Also there is such a thing called oil & soap. :wink:
1. Yes of course but what is the chance that one will pop up
2. WTF

pinkmichk 06-10-2008 04:12 PM

does it actually have to be a rainbow then or just have all the colours in

King 06-10-2008 04:12 PM

...And if people don't have access to oil or rainbows?

Christina 06-10-2008 04:12 PM

Ooh such a hard one lool :( x

Xander 06-10-2008 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by pinkmichk
does it actually have to be a rainbow then or just have all the colours in
The picture has to include those colours, so yes something like that would count as it includes those colours.

Sam! 06-10-2008 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by King
Get a coloured pen of each and put im together HAHAHA. no. What the **** do you mean by oil anyway.

Xander 06-10-2008 04:13 PM

Quote:

I didn't say it has to be of a rainbow, I said it has to include all of those colours that are normally found in a rainbow, oil was just a hint of what creates those colours.

pinkmichk 06-10-2008 04:14 PM

scampi oil like engine oil (i dont think cooking oil would do it)

LemonJam 06-10-2008 04:39 PM

This is hard :sad:

Sam! 06-10-2008 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by pinkmichk
scampi oil like engine oil (i dont think cooking oil would do it)
Cheers.

King 06-10-2008 04:43 PM

What's the point in doing a photography competition if you're going to revolve 2 tasks around the same element? Those being colour? Exposure should be considered, landscapes, seascapes, nightlife, still life, conceptual, that sort of stuff.

Fom 06-10-2008 10:47 PM

Im gonna really start hating colour in a bit! Rainbow? :S

Xander 07-10-2008 12:40 PM

[quote]Originally posted by King
What's the point in doing a photography competition if you're going to revolve 2 tasks around the same element? Those being colour? Exposure should be considered, landscapes, seascapes, nightlife, still life, conceptual, that sort of stuff.

Not everyone here has the ability to change exposure nor has cameras good enough to capture certain elements or lives in the country/seaside etc...
So far the themes I have set have notbeen so typical but have tried to be interesting. The reason why this theme is similar to the last is because I wanted to extend on the previous theme. If you just going to keep critisizinf me I would prefer you not to comment in my thread.

hannah. 07-10-2008 12:54 PM

if this had been set before gay pride you all would have had it so easyyy

Sam! 07-10-2008 03:05 PM

Quote:

Oh shh.

King 07-10-2008 04:27 PM

Quote:

Not everyone here has the ability to change exposure nor has cameras good enough to capture certain elements or lives in the country/seaside etc...
So far the themes I have set have notbeen so typical but have tried to be interesting. The reason why this theme is similar to the last is because I wanted to extend on the previous theme. If you just going to keep critisizinf me I would prefer you not to comment in my thread.
I'm not criticising you at all. I'm merely asking a question, there's no harm in that? Yeah, maybe not everybody has the ability to change exposure but that's why it's a contest, people compete as to who can do best. Surely taking pictures of colours is something 7 year olds could do. I'm not bashing or anything, I'm just stating the obvious.

And no, lol. I won't "shh".

xDramatick 07-10-2008 04:30 PM

I personally think the themes are great. Challenging, but they're interesting. They're not boring same-old stuff you'd expect. I think Xander's doing a great job with this game [that I slightly regret not entering haha] :thumbs:

Good luck to all the photographers.

Sam! 07-10-2008 04:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I'm not criticising you at all. I'm merely asking a question, there's no harm in that? Yeah, maybe not everybody has the ability to change exposure but that's why it's a contest, people compete as to who can do best. Surely taking pictures of colours is something 7 year olds could do. I'm not bashing or anything, I'm just stating the obvious.

And no, lol. I won't "shh".
Yeh you dont in them msn convos do ya :thumbs: