ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB5 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Nadia PopStar??? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7769)

X_Charz_X 03-09-2004 01:21 PM

Nadia PopStar???

Nadia To Release A Single With Help From Charlotte Churchs Manager...Surely Not?

Check It Out For Yourself.....
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/bigbrother/...e=BB5topstory2

AndyJK 03-09-2004 01:32 PM

Oh God please no. :mad:

BusyBee 03-09-2004 04:04 PM

What next - I dread to think. Perhaps we could get the ultimate - a trio of Nadia, Michelle and Emma.:nono::nono::nono:

Amy 03-09-2004 04:41 PM

:shocked: As much as I'm glad Nadia won BB I have to admit to not thinking much on this idea, actually I think I'd rather listen to someone scratch their nails down a blackboard!

anyway here's another article..............

Quote:

NADIA TO RELEASE SINGLE

After winning this year's Big Brother, Nadia Almada is now planning to conquer the charts.

The Portuguese transsexual is planning to release a single, according to newspaper reports.

The 27-year-old, who captured the public imagination with her gender swap secret and throaty cackle, is being teamed up with a top production team.

Danny Kirsch, the man behind Charlotte Church's top ten hit The Opera Song, and Stuart Langelan have already penned a track for her.

An insider told The Sun: "They are two top songwriters and have met with record label bosses who agree that with Nadia on board it can't fail.

"She may not have the best voice in the world - there were a few high notes she couldn't reach so she talked some lyrics.

"But the final result will sound very professional."
Article from Sky News

ribbonstring5145 03-09-2004 05:59 PM

wasn't it her or someone else on the show who said that they were actually quite good at opera? or maybe i'm just dreaming.

rachb 03-09-2004 08:27 PM

She was on Top Of the Pops tonight:shocked::shocked:
Just talking about it thank goodness:laugh::laugh:

Lance 03-09-2004 08:30 PM

Cant wait...seriously!:thumbs:

Hooly One 03-09-2004 08:36 PM

It could be worse, it could of been a duet with the cheeky girls.:laugh:

Lance 03-09-2004 08:41 PM

:joker:

BusyBee 04-09-2004 10:46 AM

This must be the sort of thing that really gets to people who are trying to get into the record industry. For someone to say that she doesnt have the best of voices, could reach high notes and had to talk through some lyrics must really rankle with would-be singers.

Oh well I suppose its another way to cash in on BB famehood. It will probably go to no. 1 however bad it is because it will get pushed and pushed (every week on TOTP) unless the media reject it then she could be in for a hard time.

Mike 05-09-2004 11:55 PM

Im only remembering Nadia through visiting BB sites otherwise i forgot about her the day after she won BB whereas theres some people that cant stop talking about her.

5000 06-09-2004 03:44 PM

i sure hope she doe's, she's got then many fans,
they will all buy it and no doubt get to number one

LEE 06-09-2004 04:38 PM

I'm sure this will be appalling and I hope I don't have to hear it very often. It was bad enough that she won, but to torture us with having to hear her horrendous voice trying to sing something just doesn't bare thinking about. Let's hope this dies a death as quickly as Nicola Holt's single did.

X_Charz_X 06-09-2004 06:29 PM

Nicola Holt Whos Nicola Holt :laugh:

Julia L 06-09-2004 09:05 PM

Marco - the real Marco - posts on Digi Spy now and again to tell everyone what he's been up to...and the other day he said he didn't know anything about Nadia releasing a single. So I'm not sure if this story'll turn out to be true or not (you'd think Nadia would tell Marco if she was gonna do this).

LEE 06-09-2004 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by X_Charz_X
Nicola Holt Whos Nicola Holt :laugh:
BB1 contestant who released an awful pop record just after leaving the house.

Hooly One 06-09-2004 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Julia L
Marco - the real Marco - posts on Digi Spy now and again to tell everyone what he's been up to...and the other day he said he didn't know anything about Nadia releasing a single. So I'm not sure if this story'll turn out to be true or not (you'd think Nadia would tell Marco if she was going to do this).
Believe it or not, it's true. she was on Top of the pops talking about her new single last friday

Julia L 06-09-2004 11:59 PM

Lol! That's loads of BB contestants who want to release music - Dan, Emma, Michelle, Becki and now Nadia! No wonder this year's contestants have mad fans - it's like Pop Idol all over again :laugh:

Dan WILL be successful - it's illogical to think otherwise, he has a phenomenal voice, along with everything else to do with the X-factor he has
Emma - not too sure, she's like Marmite in that you love or hate her - she might do quite well.
Becki - no chance, she isn't liked enough by the public
Michelle - lots of fans, quite a good voice - maybe...
Nadia - haven't heard her sing seriously, but that doesn't mean she can't...did she say what style the music was gonna be like?

Mike 07-09-2004 11:53 AM

Im not really sure what style music but i personally can only see her becoming a failure and it seems like because shes won BB she thinks she can do anything.