ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements / Suggestions / Help (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Warning system change (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80330)

James 28-01-2009 08:11 PM

Warning system change

I think I'm going to change the warning system so that warnings eventually disappear from your account. It will probably be set at 3 months.

This should give members an incentive to 'work off' warnings by being good and following the rules, and isn't an excuse to break rules more often.

Just so you know.

:eureka:

jaybitches 28-01-2009 08:14 PM

Good idea :)

Loukas 28-01-2009 08:14 PM

Like it.. Great idea! :) :thumbs:

Matt08 28-01-2009 08:15 PM

I thought the old warning system worked well, if members didn't respect the rules then they were banned which seemed fair enough.

andyman 28-01-2009 08:21 PM

Great news! But those that get so many bans in a short space of time should be kicked off for good, but that should depend on what was done to get the warning... Like mine.:bigsmile:

Tom4784 28-01-2009 08:23 PM

I think it's a good idea, I like it James!

Locke. 28-01-2009 08:24 PM

I don't think I deserved my warnings, so good news.

30stone 28-01-2009 08:26 PM

Good news i do think i deserved mine and my 24 hour ban, but that was almost 6 months back

Great edition James

andyman 28-01-2009 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by David
I don't think I deserved my warnings, so good news.
Same here, i never insulted a member, i was against ideas... Huge injustice plus i have seen members throw insults around AT MEMBERS and get away with it... I got a warning for being against the member posted and not the member! Huge injustice.. This will undo the wrong that was caused.

Hugo 28-01-2009 08:34 PM

:lovedup:

Magic 28-01-2009 08:41 PM

Hmm.
Despite me loosing 2 warnings from 2 days for the rule change, I dont think its to good.

Now in effect troublesome members will most likely never be banned, and the better behaved members have less of an incentive to stay good - as there warnings will go other a period of time.

DamonJ 28-01-2009 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by HUGO

andyman 28-01-2009 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DamonJ
Quote:

You forgot to write your post:thumbs:

Marsh. 28-01-2009 08:57 PM

Don't banned members just create a new account anyway?

Annie 28-01-2009 09:55 PM

Awww I have never had a warning but that sounds good

MrGaryy 28-01-2009 09:57 PM

Pretty much defeats the point then.

Magic 28-01-2009 10:00 PM

I was thinking, 3 months isn't really a long time, seeing as three months ago we were just at end of October, so maybe a longer time limit such as 6-12 months may still mean people respect the system.

DamonJ 28-01-2009 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by andyman
Quote:

Originally posted by DamonJ
Quote:

You forgot to write your post:thumbs:
I always do that, such a dope. :tongue:
*remembers its against the rules to blank quote*

Z 28-01-2009 11:02 PM

Generally, bans accumulated during Big Brothers are the types of bans I think that should be removed from a poster's warning total because people get heated when discussing BB and 99.9% of the time are perfectly reasonable, I have David in mind when I say that. I think bans that people get outwith that should be kept though, because any bans that people get between BB are generally from fighting with other regular members for no good reason.

Still, I like the idea!

lily. 28-01-2009 11:06 PM

Good.. I hope Ross can come back soon then.. :D

Bells 28-01-2009 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Zee
Generally, bans accumulated during Big Brothers are the types of bans I think that should be removed from a poster's warning total because people get heated when discussing BB and 99.9% of the time are perfectly reasonable, I have David in mind when I say that. I think bans that people get outwith that should be kept though, because any bans that people get between BB are generally from fighting with other regular members for no good reason.

Still, I like the idea!
This is a good point. Generally, I assume we'll be looking at different people's cases individually anyway.

But it's a good addition to have bearing some recent and no doubt future bans in mind.

Annie 28-01-2009 11:13 PM

Yeah let them all stay

andyman 29-01-2009 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ash
Quote:

Originally posted by Zee

Still, I like the idea!
This is a good point. Generally, I assume we'll be looking at different people's cases individually anyway.

But it's a good addition to have bearing some recent and no doubt future bans in mind.
My warning was not due to BB, or chat and games... But the brutal murder of a child by two vile scum that did it just for fun!

Mods out of touch much?
:bored:

James 02-02-2009 11:28 PM

Okay, this change has been made now. If you have warnings over 4 months (decided to set it at 4 rather than 3) they will now 'expire' when you view the forum again and if you have warnings less than 4 months old they will expire when the time is up.

Because of the way it currently works, warnings won't expire until a user views the forum again so some haven't updated yet.

30stone 02-02-2009 11:37 PM

Yeah cheers James no more warning lol.

:wavey: