ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB10 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   "F*ck Charity" - Channel 4 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89051)

ILoveMoney2 08-06-2009 07:49 PM

\"F*ck Charity\" - Channel 4

Channel 4 didn't say that but they should of.

Quote:

Day 5:
Channel 4 has revealed today that it will no longer donate money to charity from its Big Brother phone votes.

The move comes after a heap of controversy surrounding the 24 hour live feed being axed after nine series. At the time, Channel 4 blamed excessive running costs and lack of demand - an unfortunate consequence of the economic downturn.

And it is that which has been noted as the cause of Channel 4’s decision regarding the charity donations. The advertising reccession is said to be the worst in years, and all broadcasters have been battling to save money and cut costs.

“The costs associated with running the Big Brother vote line have meant it has run at a considerable loss for the last couple of years,” said a Channel 4 spokesman.

“Given the current climate, after very careful consideration, Channel 4 has regretfully decided not to make charity donations for this series of Big Brother in order to limit this loss and ensure we are managing our finances optimally to allow us to continue delivering our public service remit.”

Channel 4 had not been making a profit from the phone lines since 2006, but before then the lines had been run purely on a for-profit basis.

Channel 4 explained that today’s decision would “bring the programme into line with reality series on other channels including The X Factor, Dancing on Ice and Strictly Come Dancing“.

letmein 08-06-2009 07:51 PM

Meh.

..george 08-06-2009 07:54 PM

Well maybe keeping the money will make the show better. I think not giving it to charity is a bit tight, but if thats what it takes to keep big brother maybe it's a good thing.

Bee* 08-06-2009 08:08 PM

They've been giving to charity for the last 9 years, suddenly they're cruel for thinking of themselves during tough economic times? Give me a fricking break.

BigBrothersBigBrother 08-06-2009 08:17 PM

Viewing figures are the worst its ever been, what do you expect

Miss-red 08-06-2009 08:36 PM

they have to do whats good for the show. and give them so credit they've made alot of money for charity over nine years xx

HuxleyPig 08-06-2009 09:53 PM

Big Brother doesn't exist to be a charity fundraiser. They should be praised for having donated money in the past, not slated for not giving money this time.

Saph 08-06-2009 09:56 PM

so what? i'd rather they spend it on the BB house than charity

Annie 09-06-2009 03:28 PM

Oh well. Charity will be happy.

Kore 09-06-2009 03:40 PM

oh well. as long as BB keeps going.

gora keep your own interests at heart i suppose.

mustgetalife 09-06-2009 03:43 PM

I think they should spend the money on live feed!
Unless they figure BB is dead in the water + they're making all they can for the last time!:devil:

Captain.Remy 09-06-2009 03:43 PM

They've helped charity for years and knowing the economic situation they're in, they made the right choice.

jackierprincess 09-06-2009 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by HuxleyPig
Big Brother doesn't exist to be a charity fundraiser. They should be praised for having donated money in the past, not slated for not giving money this time.
couldnt agree more.