View Single Post
Old 24-05-2018, 05:58 AM #53
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...I guess the ‘umbrella’ of politics is prevalent everywhere, in so many things...but essentially and fundamentally though, the silent protest is about equality...and there doesn’t seem any more appropriate time to ‘silently voice’ those words of inequality as when an anthem is being sung of ‘the land of the free’..the free and the equality of everyone, every citizen in a country...this fine/ban feels so ironic in view of the recent Royal Wedding and the words of MLK being quoted by Bishop Michael Curry...so uplifting, so progressive, so emotional...and I think the very thing that the world we live in right now, so much needs...but sadly no, not the thoughts of the NFL it would seem...this is not the time, this is not the place etc...is there a ‘right’ time and right place to look for equality...very sad, very disheartening.....

..I recall when Tamir Rice’s mother called for peaceful protests..(..because street protests with raised voices were not the thing and not the way it was said...)...so the ‘progression’ is to a peaceful and silent protest with a blended knee because of anthem words that are not always being practised...an absolutely perfect time...and still no, you can’t do that...that ‘no voice’ for me is the only voice which disrespects everything America was built on and the flag and the anthem in what they stand for...very sad, very regressive.....

Last edited by Ammi; 24-05-2018 at 06:03 AM.
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote