View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 07:18 AM #34
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
Maybe I just have prudish friends, but I don’t think that ‘I know this guy has a very relaxed view on sexual assualt, so I payed somebody to violate him’ is a great excuse under literally any circumstance ever.

Thats a pretty standard human boundary. Dont pay people to assault others.
It's not a fixed thing, though, and you really have to take interpersonal relationships into account? She might know this guy well enough to know that he'll just find it funny, therefore it's not assault?

I mean surely we can't be saying that there are no blurry definitions when it comes to assault and differing personal relationships. E.g. If my wife grabs my crotch or I hug her from behind and get a cheeky boobie squeeze... That is clearly not sexual assault? But if one of us did that to a stranger or coworker it obviously would be. Unless we're going to go down the route where everyone is supposed to ask for explicit permission every time they touch someone they have a close personal relationship with (I have seen this suggested online; it's ludicrous).

That may go without saying for partners but its a more complicated area for friends. E.g. I had a Uni housemate who was a good friend and he used to love to "bed invade" (jump in bed with housemates half dressed ) and as he knew us / we were all close this couldn't in any way be called assault. If he had gone into the house next door and jumped in with a stranger or vague acquaintance... Yes probably assault.

Or... I've seen lots of groups of female friends who think nothing of grabbing each other's boobs. Not assault. If they jumped the bar and grabbed the barmaids boobs... Yes assault.

I'm struggling to see why it doesn't apply here; if her and the guy she pranked are close enough for her to know almost certainly that he will not feel sexually assaulted, and he DIDN'T feel sexually assaulted, then it isn't sexual assault? Whether or not a person has been assaulted is SURELY up to the discretion of that person?
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote