View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 12:44 PM #45
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I can see where you're coming from with some of that Ammi, especially in regards to the safety of the person she hired, that may have been pretty reckless on her part. Their working relationship etc. is again in my opinion something that shouldn't be assumed; it MIGHT be a power discrepancy, but that can't necessarily be assumed, and again is really down to the individuals involved. If he doesn't feel at the mercy of a power discrepancy, and isn't adjusting or altering his behaviour or reaction based on a power discrepancy... then there is no meaningful power discrepancy. The assumption that there is one again seems like people saying "Well *I personally* think there is one or should be one and therefore there is one". No, none of anyone's business unless the person involved has a problem with it.

Also as a final thought... while I agree that there are other potential problems with her "prank" - it is specifically the "sexual assault" aspect that the Social Media Lynchmob has gotten hung up on with this one, and that is what she's being accused of.

In my opinion, there's something really quite sinister and potentially psychologically dangerous about insisting "You Were Sexually Assaulted!" to someone who in no way feels like they have been sexually assaulted.

...yeah I do see that there was a relationship within work which made her feel as though she could prank him in such a way...I understand that TS...but whatever the relationship/friendship etc was...it doesn’t change the fact that she’s essentially his employer so their not ‘equal status’ people, you know...as in using the comparison you did with regard to your friends and uni days...?...The was ‘equality’ there and with that it’s much easier to ‘make boundaries’..do you see...this is something quite different because no matter what the relationship, she had a position of power over him...I guess much like Rosanne’s Employers did over her...so there was backlash or repercussions ...that’s the power employers have...and in ‘freaking the heck out of him’ as she said, that was Demi’s power...it was quite poor judgement I feel in this particular thing, so much should have been considered in any potential ‘backlash’...potential outcome etc...

......your last bit...well, that’s what we do though, that’s what we all do....hmmm,....’that’s technically sexual abuse’, ‘harassment’, ‘bullying/targeting’ etc...we must all be quite sinister people I reckon......
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote