View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 07:50 PM #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie89 View Post
I don't think the predictability of Pete's win makes him less deserving... that's not really a fault with him a housemate tbf. He was a predictable winner because the public adored him. I don't think the same can be said for Anthony. He was lucky there were a lot of hate figures in BB6 and that Eugene took half the prize fund and that people like Craig/Makosi created storylines for him. I sort of think of him as a default winner, rather than someone who won because they were loved. Whereas Pete had massive enduring popularity all the way through his series. It's only really him and Brian Dowling who have had that in the history of the show (I think?). He might not have been loud but he was central to a lot of the social dynamics throughout (with Lea/Nicky/Aisleyne/Lisa for example). Anthony's social influence didn't stretch very far and it was mostly with Maxwell/Saskia who I thought were awful and even then he was more of a follower. And his storylines... meh, I didn't find the him and Craig stuff as interesting as most seem to (Lea/Pete >). He did have some arguments but I can't think of a single one that was interesting just 'having arguments' isn't really entertaining imo. And I just didn't think he was likeable, whereas I did Pete.

Oh and Pete had style, I know it's shallow lol but just aesthetically I liked looking at him and his fashion etc. So he gains a point there. And his attitude and outlook in life was great. Also didn't he call out Grace for picking on Aisleyne? So a great role model too! I've never actually been that much of a Pete fan but the more I think about it the more I like him
I agree with all of this Aside from the Anthony and Craig part, that's still probably one of my favourite storylines of the whole show

Pete also called out Grace about her complaining about Sam within the first night too. And I know a lot of people had issue with this, but I was CACKLING when he was hiding inside the bathroom when Grace came back to the house because he was that terrified of her while she was all excited to speak to him again too

Last edited by Epic.; 04-06-2018 at 07:51 PM.
Epic. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote