BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I can see where you're coming from with some of that Ammi, especially in regards to the safety of the person she hired, that may have been pretty reckless on her part. Their working relationship etc. is again in my opinion something that shouldn't be assumed; it MIGHT be a power discrepancy, but that can't necessarily be assumed, and again is really down to the individuals involved. If he doesn't feel at the mercy of a power discrepancy, and isn't adjusting or altering his behaviour or reaction based on a power discrepancy... then there is no meaningful power discrepancy. The assumption that there is one again seems like people saying "Well *I personally* think there is one or should be one and therefore there is one". No, none of anyone's business unless the person involved has a problem with it.

Also as a final thought... while I agree that there are other potential problems with her "prank" - it is specifically the "sexual assault" aspect that the Social Media Lynchmob has gotten hung up on with this one, and that is what she's being accused of.

In my opinion, there's something really quite sinister and potentially psychologically dangerous about insisting "You Were Sexually Assaulted!" to someone who in no way feels like they have been sexually assaulted.
Very true. I don't like to assume to know a situation I am not party. I think some are quite risky, with their own safety for example, with how far they are willing to take a prank. As long as they own that much, it is really isn't my business. If they are sued b/c it goes bad, we live and learn.

People trying to insert themselves into other people's situations and trying to micro-manage that... just like I would tell someone to back off if they wanted me to do something that risked me or my well-being, I would tell that person to mind their own business... (but more often just ignore probably).

A lot of things in life involve some form of risk. Relationships especially, when they go bad can invite trouble... so I don't think creating drama is ideal.. but for some folk, that is the only way they can learn some important life skill, is through risk... not every relationship is how we think it is.. so I think better to stay out altogether.

Anyway this was recent but at my husbands work, one of the sargeants overheard a conversation between him, the staff and another female coworker... another male coworker had given her some gifts he had gotten for her when he was out of town. He inserted himself into the situation, asked if he needed to have a conversation with him... she said no, its fine. Anyway, later that sargeant pulled him aside in the office and told him that he had made another coworker uncomfortable, created a hostile environment, etc... put a lot of words in her mouth. He was very upset because he had didn't know what he did... was really nothing, she had to explain to him later that that wasn't really the case at all, he did nothing wrong. Anyway, created a very uncomfortable situation for all involved where otherwise there was none.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote