View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018, 08:21 PM #16
-

-

I'd maybe try to find somewhere eventually but it's increasingly difficult. I like forums that are anonymous, small enough that it isn't just a lot of "random people" and you get to know the member base... but that aren't SO small that you can't get good active threads going. TiBB is my 4th "forum home". My first I was on for 8+ years, it eventually closed down, a lot of the core membership moved to a forum set up by a member for a while, until he basically went a bit... nuts, to put it mildly, and everyone sort of went their separate ways.

Then I was on another slightly larger forum for about 4 years. I met my wife on there. We both got permanently banned

Couple of years after that we ran our own forum for three years, at it's peak it was roughly the same size that TiBB is now... then things turned sort of nasty with some members and we decided it just wasn't emotionally worth it and closed down. A lot of the original members moved to a Facebook group. That's still active and my wife is still on it several years down the line, but I left it after a couple of months.

Then this place.

I'm like The Littlest Hobo! I've never been an active member of more than one forum at a time, but when my times up I keep on movin' on .
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote