RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

116th Place: (Kylie) Sonique (Love) (Season 2) - finished 9th

*looks at the queen I've just preceded Sonique with*

I'm not transphobic, honest.

Sonique is the first queen on Drag Race to reveal that she is, in fact, a trans woman (during the reunion episode, which, for a season full of hateful comments Raven, was a welcome relief and a moment of sincere love and support). Thank god, in the nine years since this season was filmed, the Drag Race community has become so welcoming towards trans queens

That taboo topic aside, Sonique's performance on the show is best summarised with a brief shrug. An extremely acrobatic queen, she put in some skilled performances in the poledancing challenge in episode two, and the only lipsync she performed - against Morgan McMichaels, to Stacey Q's "Two of Hearts" - was pretty impressive; so impressive that it was one of the rare occasions where RuPaul had to be excused to make a decision rather than do it on the spot. This happened mostly in the early seasons though (Ongina vs. Bebe was a notable example), so perhaps they just edit that out now. She could've lasted longer, were it not for Morgan's incredibly tight choreography and miming of the words.

But the rest of her time on the show is ultimately forgettable: she did a terrible Lady Gaga snatch game, and was chastised by Tatianna (behind her back ) for being so dismissive of Mystique ("I almost feel sorry for her", after she'd been eliminated). She did seem a little bit catty and conceited, and I guess the show loves to send a full-of-herself bitch home quite early. Outside of the show, though, she seems genuinely beautiful and to have become a nicer person.

Memorable quote(s): "Don't call her your friend if you know that she looks like a hot Walmart mess!"
Best Runway(s): All of them were actually pretty good! Like none were 10/10, but her Gone with the Window was cute, and I liked her cheetah-catwoman outfit she went home in. Mask and all.
Best Moment(s): The awkward silence to her Snatch Game answers of tracks from 'The Fame' <3
Comparing Mystique to Holiday Heart <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote