View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 12:18 PM #64
-

-

There's a fundamental misunderstanding, really, that anyone who is against mistreatment if human beings "wants open borders and to let anyone in!!!"

(says you but who are are you actually talking about? - all you was lump one side of the argument into one and then slag off that side for doing the same thing)

Whoever decided to headline the article "Liberals Have Lost The Argument", which you then used as your thread title. For liberals to have "lost the argument", it must then be being assumed that the "liberal argument" is that "free-for-all immigration is OK". Which is a fundamental misunderstanding. Clearer?

You don't have to be vicious about it.

(Again who is, who are you actually talking about and how does it relate to the article?)

Plenty of people on this thread. Even more people on this forum since the beginning of the "migrant crisis" (the viciousness on this thread is not surprising or unexpected, put it that way).

The jeering, spitefulness and hatred directed at migrants themselves is completely unnecessary.

(again, nothing about the article and no mention where this hails from)

See above. But also the thinly-veiled use of "liberals" as a slur in the article. The author may as well have written "libtards".

No it's not possible for the world to move to Europe and solutions need to be found... But if it was any of us in one of these struggling countries, we would be doing the exact same thing.

(you have no idea at all if that would be true and it would be impossible to try and attempt to equte)

If someone's life was at immediate risk (whether directly or indirectly through extreme poverty) in the UK and they WOULDN'T try to make it to another country, then that person is an idiot. Maybe I'm overestimating people by thinking they would? Maybe they really would just sit here in the dust saying "Well they don't want too many migrants so guess I'll just die.".

Though I apologise if I've overestimated people's intelligence and survival instinct on that one .

We don't have to abandon empathy and compassion in order to control our borders. People can be turned away considerately without resorting to bleating "nyyyeeeerrrrrr dirty get back to yer own country!!".

Once again you are not addressing the article but some sort of fictitious UKIP fringe meeting in your head

Again, we've all been on here for years and I'm going to consider any attempt to suggest that the above doesn't happen frequently on here - including in this thread where immigrants have been dehumanised to the point of being universally branded as rapists - to be a bare-faced lie.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote