BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redway View Post
Enslavement didn't happen at the same level across all groups though. Obviously.

My heart doesn't bleed for straight white men being discriminated against on those factors. That's without taking into account personal forms of discrimination but this thread's all about prejudice based on external factors.
Not, not obviously. Ancient Rome. Jews. Africans have also enslaved whites. Native Americans were enslaved when Europeans involved. The Aztecs, Mayans, etc were enslaved and murdered by the Spanish. Marriage up until recent times was a form of enslavement. Domestic violence was often a part of that deal as well and in some cases, so was rape. Some hispanic cultures have domestic violence historically as a way to enforce spousal loyalty. I'm sure there are other historical contexts that are comparable. Sex-trafficking is a form of slavery and still goes on today (all races), in quite a traumatic form actually. My point is, pigment has nothing to do with how or whether hardship occurs... it all relates back to the environment and when the cultural conditions support it...

Thankfully, many cultures have moved away from a mentality that supports it, but it doesn't stop individuals from being abused, whatever color, or even women (or even just people) to be enslaved in one form or another. I had a friend who family raised her to in a cult... she was confused as a child when her mother and her aunt would sleep in the same bed with her father, and would have to lie to friends about cousins who were actually siblings. She was given a role and told to fulfill it. She'd been in and out of one inappropriate and abusive relationship one after another all through her childhood and is just now getting help... I'm guessing some would want to know her race to see how low on the totem pole she exists, but what if I told you it doesn't even matter?... enslavement comes in all kinds of forms.

I also wouldn't say men always have a cakewalk either. Trauma can happen to anyone for any variety of reasons.

Last edited by Maru; 21-07-2018 at 10:12 PM.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote