View Single Post
Old 22-07-2018, 06:46 AM #79
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
Can’t really add a severity scale to the poll, but which forms of discrimination do you believe you’ve dealt with on any level?
...just really to add Withano’s OP again in him saying he can’t add a severity to the scale...I do completely get what Redway is saying, I think the point of what he wa saying wasn’t put in the best way though with slavery etc...people being discriminated against, feeling prejudices and intolerance for a skin colour..is something that many people still experience many times through their lives in different ways...some ways may be able to be ‘brushed off’ and other ways, not so much...they penetrate a little deeper or they have a huge impact on lives in terms of acts of violence toward...obviously its down to an individual character as well, an ability to be able to brush off the smaller things../..forms of discrimination and prejudices...and it is always hopefully progressing and has definately progressed hugely from back in the day stuff through history...but it is very real and very much felt so it cannot be distracted from or detracted from because it’s not the only discrimination and prejudice in existence...I think that’s what Redway is trying to address in ‘you have to have felt it to truly understand’ it’s prevalence still in today’s society...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote