View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 02:34 PM #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twosugars View Post
Thank you, Redway, for starting this thread. It should give me a kick to get on with it too.
Look forward to see what we can make of it.

I remember almost begging for ECT a couple of years ago, when none of antidepressants seemed to work. They told me no chance.
Why is it so little used now? Why the stigma? I've heard it is quite a shock (no pun intended) but some psych meds can have some debilitating side-effects too.
It’s the best treatment for melancholia (severe depression) but it’s alwats seen as a last resort for emergencies or when three or more treatments have failed partly because several rounds of it are needed in a hospital stay and partly because of the ignorance of the general public. Note I always use melancholia for high-grade psychotic depressions.

I know it’s used for schizophrenia and bipolar mania too. It’s good for pregnant bipolar women who can’t take lithium during the first trimester at least if they have an episode.

What do you want to know re. technique/preparation specifics? Want me to tackle the amnesia situation?

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude. And don’t hang on to negativity. That’s all.
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote